21 Replies Latest reply: Mar 23, 2012 3:12 AM by Jus_call_me_J RSS

why are respectful players so hard to find?

so i just dont get it . where has the respect for the fellow man gone? my playstyle doesnt change regardless of new maps or not. i understand that people slow down and camp a bit more when dlc is released, however i can not for the life of me understand the hatred and vulgarity spewed forth by these players. congratulations, you picked up a sniper rifle and moved slowly on a new map. congratulations, you beat me and my team (with red dot ar's) by 1000 points. you then proceed to yell,scream, and talk trash after the game . but on an old map following that one we beat you by 5000 points, did you hear anything from us ? no. but you scream F you and leave the lobby . where has maturity gone , this game is M rated .....right?

• Re: why are respectful players so hard to find?
    Rednecksniper39

Because give someone a microphone and no way to know who they are and then they are Superman. Simple as that. Plus some people are angry and take there anger out on other people in the game.

i suppose you're right my fault for having a bit of faith in the online world. or for that matter parents, i do believe i beat my child senseless if i heard for them a quarter of the things these "squekers" say

Rednecksniper39

Kids come home from school and play Xbox while mommy and daddy are still at work and they become Superman too. It happens all the time and I myself have found myself asking the same thing you have from time to time.

yeah but i dont get on till almost 9 pm eastern time , at best its already 6 on the west. and more often than not its not a "squeker" voice but that of at least a young adult.  truely am i the only one who feels that the base of american values and the rising youth BOTH seem to be swirling the toilet?

pj600r

To be fair to you guys in America the UK is just as bad, while the game caters for teens it's always going to be the case as well.

There was a case in the papers last year where a more mature gamer was playing and his friends son was online trash talking him so he went to the lads house and tried to strangle him, it was the best thing I'd read for a while about COD.

You only have to see what happens to people when they post vile and hatred comments on Facebook and twitter to see that they should have more control over online chat.

Recently people are being given prison sentences for inciting racial hatred on twitter.

zingaa

rebornhs wrote:

i suppose you're right my fault for having a bit of faith in the online world.

How dare you,lol...Microphone tough guys is all it is, I wouldn't worry about it too much..

I heard some dude this morning just raging at everyone, fbombs flyin, momma insults, just about everything, I just muted him.

Try FFA, much "nicer" gamers over there...

I've met some really cool people in FFAs compared with team and objective game types...

gallp13

There are lots of great gamers in the Community. In fact the respectful, fun and friendly folks outweigh...well.....others ;)

The secret is simple...respectful attracts respectful. If your want to make a start friend old gallp;), in fact all most welcome to do same!

GT gallp13

Enjoy your day my friend.

pj600r

I've met some really good people online and become really good friends with some of them but unfortunately for every good gamer there are 3 jerks.

If some of these people spoke in public how they do online there would be a lot of people in court, the attitude in Britain now is freedom of speech is frowned upon and if you go against this you pay the consequences.

Wether that is right or wrong it is now fact.

If you spout racial hatred especially against muslims you will end up in court and probably in prison as well.

gallp13 wrote:

There are lots of great gamers in the Community. In fact the respectful, fun and friendly folks outweigh...well.....others ;)

The secret is simple...respectful attracts respectful. If your want to make a start friend old gallp;), in fact all most welcome to do same!

GT gallp13

Enjoy your day my friend.

Haha and stay thirsty

It seems like we  forget that it's a video game. I don't have a problem with trash talking, but when it gets personal "I hope you die in real life" that kind of crap isn't cool. At one point in time, every one of us sucked at a shooter game so calm down. Not everyone has played a shooter game for the last 12 years. And the way the match making works in MW3, if you are in lobby with mostly/all randoms you will win one then lose one so you really can't say too much.

I do agree that being hidden behind a gamertag people will say anything and everything without thinking twice about it.

We can all start with ourselves and just say "good game" at the end of the match, win or lose. I hope to see more respectful players out there. Happy gaming.

Rob12

Best thing I ever did was set the game chat to friends only, so much less hassle and less bait to rise to.

CODNoob12

Whenever I go online, either here or on XBL, I understand that it's the internet and that anonymity along with not having to possess the gumption to say things to actual faces will make people appear braver than they are. If people want to go all nutty saying dumb things over a game of MW3, and they do, not only do I not take it seriously, I honestly figure they are socially inept.

I think there are far more respectful players then rude ones, but these vocal trash talking idiots are very visible.

There are 100s of thousands of people playing COD at one time.  It only takes a small percentage to ruin it for others.

I leave lobbies with too much of this going on or just mute them.

CowboySr

ITGs. Internet Tough Guys.  Many are little kids who are just repeating what theyve heard. Many are drunk. Many have such horrible lives at home, that the feel it appropriate to take it out on you. My gut tells me that most are young adults13-20 that are raging with hormones, are still in that"try to impress their friends" stage by talking trash, most cant back it up...and they love starting QS lobbys practicing spinning trick shots by jumping off the ladder on dome.