1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 101 Replies Latest reply: Apr 7, 2012 2:53 PM by Arkmdiget Go to original post RSS
  • 40. Re: Lag Compensation Is NOT the Problem!
    zvers

Please reread my post, I said NEAREST k/d is 1.8.

The other players are all near 1 and some even below. This is why I am skeptical of the OP's assertions that your k/d dictates what lobby you are thrown into. I could be wrong but I want to see hard evidence and not some kids "gut feeling".

• 41. Re: Lag Compensation Is NOT the Problem!

I stated that I created a second account, brand spankin new, no score, no kd. I forced a kd of .49 (sorry to those in the lobby). Subsequently, the lobby ping times were consistantly under 50ms for that profile, although playing on the exact same system/setup as a 1.85 kd account (which consistantly is OVER 100ms).

>more than a gut feeling

Edit: Also in the <50ms lobbies there were no signs of lag anywhere, killcams looked as they should (I actually acknowlege the other guy and fire at him, no jummping/glitching)

• 42. Re: Lag Compensation Is NOT the Problem!

Party up with someone that sucks and you will R-A-P-E every game.

Pro Tip.

• 43. Re: Lag Compensation Is NOT the Problem!
    rainmaker6

It's definately not just ping otherwise I would play with a lot more French players from Quebec, but ping is definately one of the factors. If you know your AS network number you might get a better idea of why you are connecting to certain locations.

I know my traffic runs on AS 6453 because I used to work for the network company, Teleglobe, that my provider uses as their international provider. They have circuits that run down the east coast through New York, to the north west coast through Chicago and to the south west coast via New York. That's why I hear those southern accents a lot when I play. Now why I am so often connected to someone in Georgia or South Carolina instead of just the Montreal, Toronto, New York and Chicago areas must be some other factor than ping.

• 44. Re: Lag Compensation Is NOT the Problem!

MFW no friends

MFW no face

A lot of the time when partying I host (not gonna touch that subject with an ICBM)

• 45. Re: Lag Compensation Is NOT the Problem!

The MW3 match making is far better than BF3... as a lower level I always have levels like myself in one team, on the other team there are normally very experienced players who easily destroy us (I try to go for obectives but my teammates seem oblivious to them).

• 46. Re: Lag Compensation Is NOT the Problem!

Yeah I traded BF3 in after getting pwnd by a sniper freefalling out of a jet. Some things are to be expected noobs noobing up the place and all, but a guy falling from 10,000 ft headshoting me from halfway across those irritatingly large maps?

• 47. Re: Lag Compensation Is NOT the Problem!

The large maps are a pain, I also dislike how almost every person goes recon.

• 48. Re: Lag Compensation Is NOT the Problem!

As to the substance of your question, a simple algebraic equation of whatever perameters they're "weighing" could be polled and grouped with like values (as a general guideline for matchmaking, and not an absolute rule). Not at all as hard as figuring out where everyone is and the pings between everyone in a lobby.

• 49. Re: Lag Compensation Is NOT the Problem!

1) A 1.4 kd would put you in the 60-65th percentile, the effects of such a system would not effect you nearly as bad as someone in the 75-80th percentile.

2) KD is a ratio of KILLS to DEATHS. Zero is the minimum value of either. A KD of 0/999,999,999 is sitll a zero KD, there is no such thing as a negative kill to death ratio.

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next