1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next 133 Replies Latest reply: Mar 25, 2012 9:53 PM by Gerbera_Kai Go to original post RSS
  • 70. Re: Your opinion of Support.

    deucedouglas wrote:

     

    What exactly is your definition of piss poor play? My definition would be around the 1-10, 2-20 area. And the last time I checked you don't get rewarded for that. Deathstreaks reward piss poor play. You can get rewarded for piss poor play in the Assault package too and even more than you're rewarded in the Support package.

     

    If we're all about rewarding great play then why doesn't a guy who is using the support package and goes 18-0 get 2 EMP's? Or a 4 minute EMP?

    My definition of piss poor play is running around without thinking about your actions.  Not paying attention to your surroundings and constantly dying over and over because of your lack of common sense.

     

    He doesn't get 2 EMPs because an emp is a 15(i think) point streak.  If he wants two he needs to get 30 kills or a combination of kills and other things.

  • 71. Re: Your opinion of Support.

    I would have no probem with a support package that had lower streaks than it currently has but they reset.  I don't care about being EMP'd by a guy that actually knows what he is doing and can put together a streak.  If someone is getting pounded there is no reason they should get help to do better.  Learn the game and improve your tactics like everyone else did when they started playing cod.

     

    What did support users do prior to MW3?

  • 72. Re: Your opinion of Support.
    Rednecksniper39

    TNN64 wrote:

     

    Rednecksniper39 wrote:

     

    TNN64 wrote:

     

    deucedouglas wrote:

     

     

    It doesn't cater to bad players. Bad players are going to do bad regardless of whether or not they're using support. Support isn't suddenly going to take a bad player and make them have a great game. However, if you're using assault and you get a predator, you can easily go from 5 kills to 40 kills in a game, simply by letting the game play for you. The assault package has the ability to make an average player look great while the same player using the support package is still going to look average.

    How is rewarding people for piss poor play not catering to bad players?

    How is rewarding people for kill whoring and ignoring the objective in objective game modes catering too good players? (Assualt Killstreaks)

    Why do you keep bringing in playing the objective.  I didn't say anything about playing the objective.  People that don't play the objective use specialist, support, and assault.

    I keep bring up because in truth assault encourages people to ignore the objective. So does that mean that assault caters to "bad" players......seems like it.

  • 73. Re: Your opinion of Support.
    undzis

    The way i see it, there is 2 HUGE issues with this.

     

    First, the emp effects are easy counter by assassin pro but not before it just destroyed your payload and now you cant call in the osprey you just earned before the game ends. While you was running, gunning, and avoid noob tubes. Some dude was spraying and praying for the last 7 mins and by a small act of god was able to earn (if you want to call it that) the emp that just ruined your hard work. Yea that seams real far.

     

    Second, in an in direct way. It promotes mediocrity and lessens the motivation to want to improve.  Why try to get high lvl KS when i can laugh at how bad i am, yet how easy i can take out your hard earned high lvl KS. All the while making you mad.  Support KS promote this behavior.

     

    IMO the devs should remove support KC but at the very least they need to take out emp and stealth bomber, nerf(hc)/buff(core) ballistic vest (small adj not much), and add 3-4 points to the rest of the KS. they are just too easy to get. There should be at least some skill involved in earning a KS

  • 74. Re: Your opinion of Support.
    deucedouglas

    TNN64 wrote:

     

    My definition of piss poor play is running around without thinking about your actions.  Not paying attention to your surroundings and constantly dying over and over because of your lack of common sense.

     

    Exactly. This type of play isn't going to be rewarded regardless. If your constantly dying over and over, you aren't getting kills. And if you aren't getting kills you aren't building your point streaks.

  • 75. Re: Your opinion of Support.

    Rednecksniper39 wrote:

     

    TNN64 wrote:

     

    Why do you keep bringing in playing the objective.  I didn't say anything about playing the objective.  People that don't play the objective use specialist, support, and assault.

    I keep bring up because in truth assault encourages people to ignore the objective. So does that mean that assault caters to "bad" players......seems like it.

    Damn so all my years of playing COD without the support package I guess no one was playing the objective.  I wonder how those games of domination and HQ ended with everyone running around trying to get air support.

     

    Assault doesn't encourage people to ignore the objective.  Public stats and stats in general do.

  • 76. Re: Your opinion of Support.
    undzis

    this is why i suggest leaving the point system in place but remove or heavily tweak support. I think this relly could be a win win situation if done right. 

  • 77. Re: Your opinion of Support.
    Rednecksniper39

    TNN64 wrote:

     

    Rednecksniper39 wrote:

     

    TNN64 wrote:

     

    Why do you keep bringing in playing the objective.  I didn't say anything about playing the objective.  People that don't play the objective use specialist, support, and assault.

    I keep bring up because in truth assault encourages people to ignore the objective. So does that mean that assault caters to "bad" players......seems like it.

    Damn so all my years of playing COD without the support package I guess no one was playing the objective.  I wonder how those games of domination and HQ ended with everyone running around trying to get air support.

     

    Assault doesn't encourage people to ignore the objective.  Public stats and stats in general do.

    Racking up the high killstreaks in Dom and other objectives modes mean player probly are not trying to cap. Meaning that to get those kill streaks they are encouraged to camp/ignored the objective.

  • 78. Re: Your opinion of Support.

    You can get zero kills and get support streaks by shooting down UAVs, choppers, etc.

     

     

    deucedouglas wrote:

     

    TNN64 wrote:

     

    My definition of piss poor play is running around without thinking about your actions.  Not paying attention to your surroundings and constantly dying over and over because of your lack of common sense.

     

    Exactly. This type of play isn't going to be rewarded regardless. If your constantly dying over and over, you aren't getting kills. And if you aren't getting kills you aren't building your point streaks.

  • 79. Re: Your opinion of Support.
    Rednecksniper39

    Not really a win removing something that was a good idea to add to the game. If people don't like that stealth bomber or EMP are in support complain about that. Don'try to say that all of support cater to "bad"players.

1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next