4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2012 6:54 AM by SantaAnaSlim RSS

Strict NAT and im playing like a god?

To cut a long story down, iv moved house and internet is already there so i connected my ps3 and as predicted the nat type is strict. thought id give it a go on strict to see how bad it was and I have been playing unbelievably good, I class myself as a pretty average player with kd of about 1.4 but I am playing like a god at present.

I have been playing with strict nat for a week now and dnt really see any point in changing it, i can connect to friends fairly easily sometimes its easier for me to join them rather than them join me but app from that everything is sweet.

I was of the oppinion that strict nat was bad but if anyone cud shed some light on this id me much appriciated.

• Re: Strict NAT and im playing like a god?
    zvers

I have an open NAT for MW3 on PS3 (wireless). If it works, I guess keep using those settings but people will flame you on here because of your strict NAT, your communication with the host is poorer, hence the lag comp is trying to balance out the game which is giving you a second head start over everyone else. I would have to play against you to verify that of course but hey, do whatever floats your boat.

ohh i see, well that is tech IW problem for creating a game and not sorting out that problem before they sold it too the masses. Im an innocent gamer and im sure if anyone new a ligit way to make themselfs play better without cheating or boosting or doing anything wrong in any way then they would do it.

zvers

Well, it is what it is. I could be wrong too but hey just keeping racking up the kills! Everything goes in waves so you could be riding a high streak right now. I have a 2.07 k/d and it has fluctuated like crazy, more than in any other CoD to date. The bottom line is that it's a game, it's the chess of our generations and just have fun while you can!

Your NAT type "should" have no effect on your connections once thier are actually made. The NAT will make finding matches difficult and might prevent voice from working. It might make it hard for you to join friend's games, but once it establishes your connection, the NAT has no effect on the data that manages to get through. Now, having the strict NAT might prevent you from making connections to certain hosts and indirectly it might help by limiting the types of other players you connect to, which might explain why you're playing so well. Frankly if it makes the game more playable then I'm all for it. This game has been so hit or miss. Some games are great and others are just a mess. I don't get the traditional rubber banding type of lag that often (though it does happen), but the invisible lag of bad hit registration and "insta-kills" happen all the time for me. My W/L is really bad because I back out of so many games. I don't back out just because i'm losing, I know within 3 gun fights if things aren't solid. If I'm 0-3, I know something's not right. I don't have a problem losing a gunfight, but shooting a guy who's back is turned to me and is standing still only to get turned on and one-shotted is not right. Im a rusher type, I simply cannot be campy, I don't have it in me, but being the rusher requires good connections more than camping does. I would imagine that's why everyone complains about campers in this game. I bet many people camp because it's more reliable.