40 Replies Latest reply: Jul 2, 2012 8:34 PM by insane183 RSS

IW Enforcers group on Steam

Hi Everyone -

I created a group on Steam for people to easily communicate about cheaters/hackers. Feel free to join and comment on the wall with the appropriate information:

1. Video clip of them using the hack
2. Link to their steam profile (or just their 17 digit #)

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IW_Enforcers

I'm hoping this will help bring the PC community together, especially those of us who do not tolerate hackers.

Please note: This is a group specifically for catching hackers and not a place to discuss problems/glitches/opinions/etc we have with MW3. That subject can stay here or whichever website you use as your outlet .

- BanCandy

• Re: IW Enforcers group on Steam
    salzion

Thanks.  I sent you a friend request since it says the group is Invite only.  So do I need to send you the videos from my youtube channel again?  Some of them I have links for some of them I don't since they're spanning the past couple months.

Hi Sal -

We opened it back up to public, had it private for a moment just to remove an unruly member. I can still accept your friend request if you'd like, just PM me your name (I have a lot of invites unfortunately).

If you've already sent videos then it is not necessary to resend them. Thanks!

thebiindsniper

When you post within this thread, be sure to click on that "ABC" button in the upper right hand corner, and fix your spelling errors.  I'm not pointing any fingers here---rzrTipz.

Thank you.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

http://www.youtube.com/ruggedsavior

salzion

Thanks, actually after one response was going to delete my secondary comment, and the mod beat me to it.  So, again, thanks and my apologies, I know, I shouldn't feed the trolls.

midago73

It's great what you're doing but what happened to the support from the developers? have they really just forgotten about the pc community?.  Keep up the good work though.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the problem doesn't seem to be "reporting" hackers, it's getting results. Are they going to give you the help you need? how is this going to help with that? joined BTW

salzion

My guess is that they set this up because reporting things on Steam doesn't report to them, and really doesn't accomplish anything (otherwise a lot of these people would be banned already).  Steam reporting doesn't work the same way as reporting players on Xbox (not sure about PS3, don't really play it).

Still will take time for individuals to get banned (not as quick as dedicated servers but I digresss), but at least this way we have a direct line of communication with the people that will (hopefully) do something about the aimbotters/wallhackers/texture hacks.

We'll see.  After MW2, my faith in this has waned, but I'm still trying to give them the benefit of the doubt here.

I think the reason they are doing this is because of stuff like this http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-27-iw-vows-to-combat-pc-cheats-in-mw3

This will be the 2nd MW for pc that is totally abused by cheaters, I think they had to do something.

I personally don't think this is going to help very much, for every cheater using a full auto aimbot "like an idiot" there are 10 decent gamers toggling aim cheats & wallhacks on & off trying to look legit while they easily stay ahead of the legit good gamers. These fake "awesome gamers" rarely get dealt with even in admin dedicated servers, if it's not crazy obvious cheating it's considered legitimate play. I'd like to see bancandi do better than that and really clear out the cheaters.

iif0xh0undii

Hello all,

It's definitely a shame when innocent gamers are labeled as cheats and ner'er-do-wells by their peers, but the ultimate decision and investigation will be handled by someone who is capable to do so. This thread is not meant to be a platform to stage challenges or publicly shame/call-out people under any circumstances. Keep that discussion out of here please.

Thanks!

Well that's the whole question, are they he/she capable or are they only going to ban players spinning like a top shooting headshots through walls? She doesn't sound very capable when she's only asking for obvious clips, Because those (obvious clips) are by far not the only cheaters out here, so getting rid of them is only a tiny step in the process of eliminating cheaters, And if that's where bancandi stops then it's not going to do much. There are tons of guys like (censored) who use cheats to play as well as they do, If bancandi can't see it then  she isn't that capable for the job.

iif0xh0undii

Hello UKReaper,

It isn't my place to speak for BanCandy, so I will not be able to answer any questions you have for me regarding that. I will ask you to please drop the accusations however. Attempting to "censor" your post isn't going to absolve or hinder conflict.

midago73

The real issue her is that the game has now been out for 3+ months and none of the support or features that was promised pc users has been delivered,  we would like to hear why.  Where is this anti cheat, where are all the fan's favourite dedicated server features. Questions like theese are relevant, because at the end of the day, how hard can it be to implement an anti cheat?  Why can't dedicated servers be ranked when with anti cheat and dedicated admin who can help with things like this can help with the problem.  And IW net is wrong and just does not belong on the pc platform.  Saying that i am not in any way dissing bancandy's efforts just that it seems like a cop out to me.

wierd worlds are these

midago73 wrote:

The real issue her is that the game has now been out for 3+ months and none of the support or features that was promised pc users has been delivered,  we would like to hear why.  Where is this anti cheat, where are all the fan's favourite dedicated server features. Questions like theese are relevant, because at the end of the day, how hard can it be to implement an anti cheat?  Why can't dedicated servers be ranked when with anti cheat and dedicated admin who can help with things like this can help with the problem.  And IW net is wrong and just does not belong on the pc platform.  Saying that i am not in any way dissing bancandy's efforts just that it seems like a cop out to me.

That is my dad's responce to Bancandy as well.

What he cannot understand is why IW/SH have to have someone working on banning the people that are reported when there is supposed to be, a anti cheat system in place to catch these people running them anyway.

My clan won't play Modern Warfare 3 because it doesn't have Ranked Dedicated Servers, because they want to unlock stuff while playing and also because really you cannot kick cheaters from the IWnet, system although you can by running a program that really you shouldn't be but if IW/SH & Vac won't deal with them, then so be it people will just need to run it.

I might just have to record a couple of hours worth of gameplay, live and not from theatre just so Bancandy can take the link/s to the rest of the devs to show just how poor the game play service is from the IWnet system.

IW/SH/Activision and the rest of the gaming industry need to unite with a team of techno lawyers to go after the sites that are redistributing their software and the people and sites selling the hacks... the way the music industry went after pirating years back. They need at LEAST 50 BanCandys with assistants to even look serious about this. After they get a handle on it, they can back off as needed. The hackers think that "they" run things now... and I'm not sure they don't. If they don't run it, they certainly ruin it. And the developers must be the lamest dead heads around. The Game itself is detecting all of this, and they are not using the "game" to detect hacks. The game knows when you are shot through walls consistently or someone is getting too many headshots, or when someone is moving too fast, or has "Damage" on their assault rifle. The game knows, because it is registering these things and displaying it on our screen. That is the obvious place to begin cheat detection. And I agree BanCandy rocks, but they have given her a tea spoon and asked her to save a sinking ship. I wonder if any of them play PC at all...

midago73

This game isn't going to get anymore attention, i am sure they must get something from the hack sites hell they probably even create them in the first place that would explain why they are out from day one, maybe it's a little bit of cash on the side and they leave the hack site alone, why else would they not help the community get rid of theese fools.  (So hard to be polite under the circumstances

wierd worlds are these

midago73 wrote:

This game isn't going to get anymore attention, i am sure they must get something from the hack sites hell they probably even create them in the first place that would explain why they are out from day one, maybe it's a little bit of cash on the side and they leave the hack site alone, why else would they not help the community get rid of theese fools.  (So hard to be polite under the circumstances

The reason they are available from day one is because the core coding of the game is the same as the previous game, so all they have to do is release the old ones with a updated name as far as I am aware.

doesn't it seem a little convenient, that they didn't implement server logs; they just didn't want to be bothered with the truth.

@iif0houndii you're right why should we have anything to say, to the lowlife cheaters?

when we should be saying it to Activsion

I'm just sick and tired of us all coming here acting like we're discussing something, that WE can some how fix.

It's a little like trying to fix the national debt; thinking just because we pay the taxes, we have any say in how they're spent.

this is Activision's problem; and all we can do is return their insult to them.

none of us is so stupid, as to think this game was not broken on the PC end by design; don't waist your/our time putting another game out on the PC again.

iif0xh0undii

I've edited your post. For the sake of clarification, I'd like to simply note that the bit about not poising challenges/shaming is referring to something in which the context doesn't exist at present. I understand that there will always be choice words for those who do cheat and ruin our experiences, but this thread is definitely not the place to attempt to wage a flame war alleging that a peer does or does not cheat.

It's a simple request that saves us all a lot of time.

iif0xh0undii wrote:

I've edited your post. For the sake of clarification, I'd like to simply note that the bit about not poising challenges/shaming is referring to something in which the context doesn't exist at present. I understand that there will always be choice words for those who do cheat and ruin our experiences, but this thread is definitely not the place to attempt to wage a flame war alleging that a peer does or does not cheat.

It's a simple request that saves us all a lot of time.

my point is simple: Activision is to blame, and no one else!

Hi There

I think you need more policing, why not allow for arguments sake let XBOX AMBASSADORS have the facility to ban for a certain length of time, until the evidence can be reviewed by someone in higher authority. I am not just saying this because i am an AMBASSADOR either i just think you need a little more help. I have been there and paid the price myself and now i have learnt that cheating hacking and boosting is not the way.

wierd worlds are these

That would be a bad idea.

Most console gamers have never played on a pc and therefore don't know just how easy it is to play on the pc, especially when you have been gaming on a pc for longer than most console gamers have been alive.

What I cannot understand is why Activision has not been to Microsoft and Sony and asked them how they deal, with the anti cheat system simply because it works and copy the system over to the pc platform with, proper coding to make it work fully.

The simple way though to stop it would be to get rid of Steam/VAC and go with PB.

dflannagan10

I'm not sure if you're talking about PC or Console, but if you're talking about Console (I play on PS3 and Xbox 360), then I certainly agree.

There are a lot of great community members out there that would do a fine job at enforcing the Code of Conduct, and I especially agree with the 'ban for a certain length of time' comment.

However, banning is all done internally at Infinity Ward by their dedicated banning team. The best thing we can do is send in our reports and wait, and that method has proven to be quite successful. :)

I got this message after playing a game with someone claiming to be Bancandy herself.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/506893428818983818/2107D90C09283210FCDE7CAA2D2 CB104C2EE8575/

The player had no name and just stood around on the map without a gun, unkillable, yet killing nothing.

bump

SpAwN90

Hello,how can i join the group? I've got a cheater to report.

I do not think reporting will help much as atleast some of the hackers are using multiple logins that are not permanent accounts. I have only been playing this game since January of this year and never played any of the previous titles, but from posts I have read on other sites, there used to be a vote system in place but it was taken away because of complaints.

The only way I can see this getting fixed is for the programmers to actually deal with the issue by code, using a vote system that will kick out individuals per match, or adding an option to add names to an individual's account that will not allow the player to enter matches that has a player from his/her list or not allow a player from the list into a match the individual is already participating.

The last few weeks, 90% or more of the matches I have played have had hackers. I suck at the game enough as it is, (I average about 5 to 8 kills a match) but I really enjoy it when there are no hackers. FYI, I like to play the ground war matches because there are more people in the match and you get different types of matches.

Please Help!!!

Trupster

I heard that IW has no access to Steam VAC banning, so how does reporting help? The recent mwsart program just seems like a fake then. I have tweeted you, Bancandy, asking if there is any way of knowing if my reports have been dealt with but I have yet to receive an answer (the tweet dates back to the 15th of April).

I am still filing reports though, assuming I am wrong and it's helping get rid of cheaters.

Edit: Also the Steam group isn't open to the public, I can't seem to join.

Hello,

I tried to join the group today, but it says it is by invite only, how do we get an invite?

Cheers

Doc