28 Replies Latest reply: Mar 23, 2012 5:06 AM by burst_zteal RSS

More excited for Minecraft 360 announcement than DLC drops

That's right, Wiggy said it, and quite frankly it shows what state the game is in for Wiggy. Now this by no means demeans the game as a whole, Wiggy certain many still enjoying the frustration, but to be honest, Wiggy's attention will be diverted until November when May gets here.

Is this a sign of things to come? Because Wiggy can't remember a single time that he punched out on a game prior to maxing out his prestige.

Anyone else here or long past?

The DLC in Wiggy's opinion has been lackluster to say the least, played the new maps for about a day and honestly not understanding when people say "The DLC maps are better than the originals" none of them are spectacular overall and do not measure up to any of the previous game title versions.

Guess this is what you get when you bring in an "outside" developer to patchwork this piece together.

Sad...

Discuss!!!

• Re: More excited for Minecraft 360 announcement than DLC drops
    capp00

Here here Wiggy.

If not for the fact that my friends still play the game, I would have shelved it months ago.

I really don't think there is any hope in fixing this game. I'm one of the fools that purchased elite, but could care less about downloading the new maps.

Can't wait for Minecraft 360. Going to be a blast.

Dicemann

I was mainly a sports game player so I'm new to COD, only played black ops previously, so I can't compare to previous titles beyond that.

Although from some of the threads I read here, maybe I'm to late, and this game has ran the course of time, although I'd hope not I quite enjoy playing it and don't suffer from any major problems.

CowboySr

I think the new maps are horrible. The manner in which they are released was a test, one that I think backfired. The spawns and lag spikes are frustrating but on a full team the game is playable and enjoyable.  The biggest prob is the complete failure of Elite, what a hype they made of it, and how they refuse to act or event acknowledge it.

c4rl

To start off on the positive, Overwatch is my favorite map in the game and I really like the verticality of Piazza.

I have to admit I'm not as excieted about the maps. I think it may be in part because we started getting them so early and partly because when we did get them the playlist populations were so enemic that everyone went back to the regular playlist before a week had passed.

Wiggy, a Jedi understands. A Jedi has 76 on his friends list, all of whom were avid BLOPS gamers and a Jedi could always find running mates as 20-30 of the friends would be online playing siad game.  Since January only 6 of the said 76 Jedi's friends are playing this thing. A Jedi believes that this game has its problems but the largest problem a Jedi can see with the Content Drops is that Elite Premium members get the content before the masses. A strongarm tactic to make the "got-to-have-it-now-generation" buy the failed Eite Premium service. The result of Elite Premium subscribers having the content all to their lonesome is a barren wastland of a playlist, making for craptastic connections et al. Prior to this realization a Jedi believed that having DLC included was worth the price of the failed Elite Premium cost. A Jedi must have been drunk when purchasing this game. Now proud to say that a Jedi is clean and MW3 sober for over a month.

sirre-spawns-a-lot wrote:

Wiggy, a Jedi understands. A Jedi has 76 on his friends list, all of whom were avid BLOPS gamers and a Jedi could always find running mates as 20-30 of the friends would be online playing siad game.  Since January only 6 of the said 76 Jedi's friends are playing this thing. A Jedi believes that this game has its problems but the largest problem a Jedi can see with the Content Drops is that Elite Premium members get the content before the masses. A strongarm tactic to make the "got-to-have-it-now-generation" buy the failed Eite Premium service. The result of Elite Premium subscribers having the content all to their lonesome is a barren wastland of a playlist, making for craptastic connections et al. Prior to this realization a Jedi believed that having DLC included was worth the price of the failed Elite Premium cost. A Jedi must have been drunk when purchasing this game. Now proud to say that a Jedi is clean and MW3 sober for over a month.

LOL, nice!

MUPHinATHONG

Very good point! Last time I was on, there were only 6,000 people in the entire Elite playlist, compared to over a hundred thousand in TDM alone. It's not really a benefit to have the maps before everyone else, when no one is playing them.

Southend_boi

i don't understand why alot of people like minecraf im sorry but it just doesn't look like fun... as a pixel artist minecraft is nothing new to me.

cantcme

In previous titles, the anticipation of DLC excited the gaming community.  Players looked forward to new maps as a fresh look to the game.  We also got the opportunity to start playing at the same time - all of us.

In MW3, Elite has permanently fragmented the player base.  The overall failure of Elite may also play a part.  As an Elite member I played the new maps when they came out but it just didn't seem as fun or engaging as DLC from previous.titles,  I reverted back to the standard playlists but that's quickly getting boring too.

MUPHinATHONG

I too have been turned off of this game. It didn't take me until March however...

I enjoyed Modern Warfare 2 (the CoD game that got me hooked), and I even enjoyed Black Ops (regardless of the connection issues). However, with Modern Warfare 3 being nothing more than Modern Warfare 2.5, and having to deal with the connection issues as well, I got bored with this game much faster than any other CoD game I have played. I too made the mistake of purchasing Elite, which has been nothing more than a waste of 60 of my dollars. I have spent no more than an hour on all of the DLC combined. I know that I will not be buying the next IW title regardless of hype, because frankly, that's all it is.. hype. I'm sure it won't be long before people catch on to Activision's tactics - give us your money, we'll give you a subpar game.

The biggest issue with me is that you can clearly tell that IW/Activision wants nothing more than our money. They do not seem to care about our satisfaction. And it seems that no matter how many patches they introduce, it fixes nothing.

I do agree that the game is pretty fun if you have a full party, but due to the fact that most of my friends don't play the game anymore, and the difficulty in finding a game when you have 4+ party members, it's not a realistic everyday thing for me.

I have switched to Battlefield 3, and I cannot express how much more I enjoy BF3 compared to MW3. The dedicated servers (no matter what anyone says) really make the game a lot less frustrating than the lag compensation associated with MW3. I feel as if there is a lot more balance and variety in weapon choice, and if you play TDM like I do, you will notice that it is just as fast-paced as CoD. Or you can change it up and play conquest or rush and fly in a jet or helicopter, or operate a tank. Also, BF3 has a lot more teamwork involved and you are rewarded for being a team player, whereas, in MW3, it's all about personal achievements, which is another thing I think turned me off the game.

Sorry for the long rant...

I was excited to see the Minecraft release date today, then I saw that it is going to cost 1,600 microsoft points. Then can stick Minecraft up their ass. I refuse to pay $20.00 for an arcade game.

MW3 all day!

maccabi

im using the 4000 msp so kindly refunded me for that pile of crap Elite and using that to pay for minecraft and cs:go when it finally hits..

this is the first cod game i havent bought the dlc for and have no intention of doing so , blops with all its faults for some people meant anytime i logged online my friends list was nearly full of people playing it so i could always find a party to join ..now im lucky if 3 of my friends are playing mw3, and if the euro lot are on a cod game its blops not mw3

oh and for the record.. anyone new to minecraft could do alot worse than go look up cappos vids on that yt thingymabob, if it wasnt for him and his vids id have thought meh to minecraft

Rednecksniper39

I'm still hoping to hear more news an a Mac port for Star Wars The Old Republic. First heard about it early January and haven't heard anything since.

esmorgue

Well said Gen. Wiggy, I have went out and purchased W@W again and all the map packs for it. Copped Resident Evil ORC, this game has a the shortest life span of any CoD that I can remember. They already failed with adding prestiges, by the way ummm Dxp weekend.....Useless and will probably break this game even further.

This game is a complete disgrace to the franchise, they had to hire temporary workers to get it out. They shouldve just fell off into oblivion and saved their loyal customers the misery and pain of nearly having heart attacks and convulsions.

Im with Macc on this, if I wouldnt have bought the Hardened Edition,....I would not have bought the maps for either console. Im morfe excited about replaying W@W maps than I am these doofangles.

Southend_boi

Forget about Minecraft... i just found out Jet set radio is coming to xbox arcade.

JET SET RADIO FTW!!!!!!!

TehSpeagles

I have been playing Minecraft over CoD for a few weeks now.  I never thought I'd get into b/c tbh from the outside looking in it seems like a really pointless and boring game.  But it's actually pretty fun and has definitely filled that role of a leisurely stress reliever that CoD no longer fills.

djtn

I'll have to check out this Minecraft game. Never played it. Looks like a virtual lego world.

splittinwigs wrote:

That's right, Wiggy said it, and quite frankly it shows what state the game is in for Wiggy. Now this by no means demeans the game as a whole, Wiggy certain many still enjoying the frustration, but to be honest, Wiggy's attention will be diverted until November when May gets here.

Is this a sign of things to come? Because Wiggy can't remember a single time that he punched out on a game prior to maxing out his prestige.

Anyone else here or long past?

The DLC in Wiggy's opinion has been lackluster to say the least, played the new maps for about a day and honestly not understanding when people say "The DLC maps are better than the originals" none of them are spectacular overall and do not measure up to any of the previous game title versions.

Guess this is what you get when you bring in an "outside" developer to patchwork this piece together.

Sad...

Discuss!!!

Is EVERYONE forgetting about the Skyrim DLC thats only a few months away ?

maccabi

in the interests of fairness.. i will be mentioning cappos mw3 videos in a minecraft forum very soon

gallp13

Sighs......must agree.......pity I liked CoD.;(

I made an article about the game and my frustration 2 months ago. I do not know the rules of linking to a blog in here, but if it is allowed I`ll show it to you. My experience after this artcle have been better, but still feels the same.