1 29 30 31 32 33 Previous Next 401 Replies Latest reply: Aug 4, 2012 8:50 AM by Foxhound-Pro Go to original post RSS
  • 300. Re: PETITION TO REMOVE LAG COMPENSATION

Signed - What's the point in playing a game that runs smooth - on average - every other game... Odds are when you're runnin game, you're just on the other side of the lag comp dummying kids who are experienceing the same ridiculous bull in a twisted notion for a poor excuse of an FPS. Enjoy my 60 IW/SH... You'll never see another dime from me.

• 301. Re: PETITION TO REMOVE LAG COMPENSATION

Sign

• 302. Re: PETITION TO REMOVE LAG COMPENSATION
    wagzy69

Signed!!!!

They could atleast put in what black ops did with the local only and that. Would make my life so much better. Usually get aroun 100-150 ping, even though thats not bad it could be better.

• 303. Re: PETITION TO REMOVE LAG COMPENSATION

You do realize that without lag compensation, the game would be much more worse than it is. Let me enlighten you;

Many years ago (around 2003 or so) a game was released with multiplayer, at the time there was no lag compensation technology.

So when you shot at a target, and it appeared you was hitting it, the game would notify that you are hitting the target. Now here is where the problem is, the target was strafing, so the game registered no damage, this is because you never hit the target in the first place. The same thing applied to movement. Say you where here (A), then you moved forward (B), you would actually be here (C):

A----------B----------C

This is not an example, this game actually exists, and that is how it actually worked.

These days we have proper lag compensation technology to deal with this, and guess what? It works. Lag compensation is in pretty much in every multiplayer. Lag compensation in COD has been around since COD4, worked then worked now, what has changed is the mechanics of the game, not the lag compensation technology.

• 304. Re: PETITION TO REMOVE LAG COMPENSATION
    Army_of_COD

COMPENSATE Lag Compensation!

• 305. Re: PETITION TO REMOVE LAG COMPENSATION

Get rid of the lag compensation, all it does is penalise those with a good connection.

i was playing S&D and was the LMS. i waited for the emeny to start planting the bomb and unloaded a clip into him (with hit markers). he got up and killed me.

the final kill cam showed him begin to plant the bomb, stop and then kill me... i apparently never fired a shot.

• 306. Re: PETITION TO REMOVE LAG COMPENSATION

signed - with my PS3 in the DMZ mtu 1500 a ping of <50ms 30mb down 4+ mb up the game is unplayable, at the beginning of every full match of Domination my team has already had time to capture the 1st objective, in infected I'm often dead before I spawn, last night I tried to go flawless on kill confirmed but got killed 3 times by killstreak drop crates before I could spawn and twice by killstreak bombs before I could move all in 1 single match, (when this happens you don't even get to spawn, just watch the last half of the killcam) all other deaths were one-shot 1 kill with machine guns at distance zero hitmarkers zero red screen, this is also reflected in theater mode.

• 307. Re: PETITION TO REMOVE LAG COMPENSATION

you aren't talking about lag compensation at all, that is simple degree of error based on current momentum, this allows you to shoot in front of something before it arrives, the code for that is different, more like "if object at X is moving at speed C in direction Y then you may connect with object X at location Z between points X and END Y with a degree of error derived from speed C" yes I am a programmer. Lag Compensation works exactly like lag switches do, they see us, can move faster than us, and can shoot us, but we can't move, then when we do get to move it is too late we are already dead. Lag code reads more like "if player X seems slower than player Y then make player X Neo from the matrix with curvy bullets, infinite life, and super speed like the flash, then arm him with all the WMDs he wants and a time machine" just because he likes to tether his cell phone to his PS3 rather than use his broadband internet at home. Even at 56k dial-up I still get a 300ms ping, so there is no need for lag comp in this game.

• 308. Re: PETITION TO REMOVE LAG COMPENSATION

Does anyone know what Lag Comp is??? Everyone is saying remove it but you know that would make it unplayable, so until you come up with a better system, lag comp is here to stay.

• 309. Re: PETITION TO REMOVE LAG COMPENSATION

SIGN! ...times a billion..

1 29 30 31 32 33 Previous Next