1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 60 Replies Latest reply: Dec 30, 2012 9:23 PM by AkimboDeathCamp Go to original post RSS
  • 40. Re: do you hate campers?

GhostmanLoon I do the same thing. hahahaha I mean domination is meant to take a flag and deffend it what means necessesary right???

• 41. Re: do you hate campers?
    r8edtripx

WolfeDante wrote:

Everything you've said has already been said many times over in multiple threads. You're entitled to your opinion, but you won't convince anyone.

True, but it is the correct definition, not an opinion:

In video gaming, camping is a tactic where a player will obtain a static strategic position of advantage, often providing a clear field of view over a choke point or position of tactical interest whilst retaining cover for the camper. It differs from holding a strategic position by its requisite static nature and intensive cover.

Has this been said before? Probably. Will I convince anyone? Probably not.

Yes this has been said before, and I doubt I will convince people that in which I stated was the correct definition myself. However as I stated, it is the true definition.

And as I stated myself:

Camping is controlling a specific area for a STRATEGIC advantage. What people seem to do is not camping, but sitting in a corner. Sitting in a corner is not strategic, henceforth not camping.

camping, "patrolling an area," "Holding down and area" is somewhat acceptable in objective game-types, but should be looked down on as pitiful, in TDM, KC or FFA

As I also stated:

I do however have a problem with people sitting in corners, but I only despise those who do not play the objective, no matter the game including Unreal, Call of Duty and Battlefield. (As for FFA and TDM, this is a different matter, since kills is what get wins in this mode; as for objective based modes they do nothing more than get rid of a problem VERY temporarily.)

Will there be more threads like this one? Absolutely.

Like you said yourself, there will be more threads like this one. But that will be the case until people will accept the true definition.

I never stated that I was asking people to accept this, I was just merely explaining the truth.

So do you just want people to accept that sitting in a corner is NOT camping, but controlling a specific area, aka "holding down an area" aka "Patrolling an area" IS camping? Is that what your post was about? Is that what you're referring to as the "Truth"?

• 42. Re: do you hate campers?
    dlundebjerg28

I hate dying in general, so I hate anyone that camps, rushes around, plays defensively or has any other definition of their playstyle.

• 43. Re: do you hate campers?
    Nuk1014

I hate anybody that kills me. Why can't they just sit there and let me kill them?!

• 44. Re: do you hate campers?

Nobody cares dude, nobody except you that is ..

• 45. Re: do you hate campers?

You rock dude - Awesome video !!

• 46. Re: do you hate campers?

So do you just want people to accept that sitting in a corner is NOT camping, but controlling a specific area, aka "holding down an area" aka "Patrolling an area" IS camping?

Read everything in the post next time, rather than skimming over pieces, I stated:

I never stated that I was asking people to accept this, I was just merely explaining the truth.

Hopefully that underlined gives you the message.

Is that what your post was about? Is that what you're referring to as the "Truth"?

In which I stated is the true term. I understand in how it spread to be referred to as incorrectly, but I accept this. As an example, many people believe that the term "ignorant" means idiot, this is totally incorrect. What it actually means is lack of knowledge (in a certain subject, this varies on a conversational basis.) That was an example: the same thing happened to the term "Camper", a person became confused into what it truly meant, and it ended up spreading from there.

GUNNS4HIRE is a good example of a real camper, he knows what it means, he knows how it works, he even has showed gameplay of him camping on NGT to show that it works, because they proved that most of the tactics they use works. (Of course this was before he left NGT; also, as far as I can tell he only now plays Call of Duty against his friend meatwagon22 for their Dumb Vs. Dumber series, I may be wrong, but this is just based on my own observation.)

• 47. Re: do you hate campers?
    r8edtripx

Ok, so you just wanted the world to know that the term "camping" should NOT be used for the guy sitting in a corner, but should be reserved for those that "patrol an area" or "hold down an area." Got it.

• 48. Re: do you hate campers?
    ghamorra

eckenrowned wrote:

The ones that get me are the 6 man parties that camp an area and then there is no winning.  I just back out when it gets that bad.

An ignorant statement, you hate campers because they use strategy and win?

• 49. Re: do you hate campers?

I dont see anything wrong with camping.  The game is supposed to be fun.  If you have fun camping, why shouldnt you camp?

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next