6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 25, 2012 2:16 AM by WKMMS RSS

Suggestion for the next COD title release multiplayer... Sniping

I think that "quick scoping" has ruined multiplayer in part because it is far from realistic and really does NOT add anything to the game. I think that aim assist should not be applied to sniper rifles.When that person uses a cheap tactic like QS, it's irritating. Taking aim assist from the sniper rifles will fix this by not allowing players to take advantage of it for such deadly long range capable weapons. Removing aim assist from sniper rifles will help to make sniping more like what it should be... marksmanship. A person jump, spinning then shooting their rifle by barely scoping in or not scoping at all displays no marksmanship or true skill at the game at all... There's nothing wrong with trick shots but I think that too many people are doing it way too much these days. To compound the issue, it's not fair for a person to be able to quick scope someone in a game that uses P2P (host) and lag compensation or other fixes for it's multiplayer... When you get instantly killed before you even realize that there is a sniper in front of you, it can be frustrating.

• Re: Suggestion for the next COD title release multiplayer... Sniping

You have a vaild point, but they will likely never get rid of it.

jwaller123

Agreed...but as whenindoubt said...will probably never happen.

dtuchpunk

Sniping should be like in warrock

I agree. This is one of the few things that really bugs me in the game. I dont mind the idea of quickscoping, but like you said, its the aim assist thats really annoying. They pull the left trigger and the weapon snaps onto the enemy automatically. Thats not really fair since its significantly noticeable with only snipers and not with any other weapon. Also, when youre shooting them with an automatic gun and theyre weapon is flinching upward they can still sometimes pull it off if they pull the left trigger at the right time. This is the part where i cant give them credit for being skillful, (except for when someone quickscopes like 3 to 5 dudes in a row. Then i gotta give credit where credit is do.) because if you really think about it, theyre just getting lucky most of the time, plus the aim assist is doing mostly all the work.

esmorgue

Stop using BS matchmaking concepts that are getting worse by the yrs due to 10s of thousands of more players coming in.

WKMMS

Aim assist does not lock onto a target for you when you are quickscoping, you still have to do all the aiming yourself.  The reason you hit the target when you've scoped in is because you've already centred the target in your reticle before you scope.  If your crosshairs are not on your target when you scope in you will miss. You may get a lucky kill or two when off target because of lag comp, but that's more of a rarity than the norm. 

Using the "realism" argument in this game is kind of pointless.  The game is not intended to be realistic.  In real life, I hit you in the leg with a sniper rifle, you aren't going to keep running and jumping at me, or if I hit you in the arm, you're not going to be able to fire your weapon.  The only thing realistic in this game is that guns and explosives can kill you.  It's a game and should be treated as such.  The lack of realism is what allows the game to be a piece of entertainment.

As many people don't like quickscoping there are equal that do, and they are not all 12-year-old squeakers as the stereotype goes.  And trickshotting is not quickscoping.