28 Replies Latest reply: Mar 26, 2012 8:26 PM by codcanuck RSS

Forced to prestige

Ok, I was playing and everything was going fine when i was going to play seatown and i checked lobby leader boards.I noticed these 3 guys were not even prestiged level 80's and had a score of 1 million and up.I think it is bs and unfair to all other players that they are not prestiging.Even while this is unfair it also ruins everyone elses fun because they have all the guns while everyone moves on and gets frustrated.I think Infinity Ward needs to add a patch that automaticly prestiges you after completeing you lvl 80 rank

• Re: Forced to prestige

bump

and heres a happy face

skippinglobster

PRESTIGE - To have a good reputation or high esteem.

People prestige because they like to have "bragging rights". They're not doing it because the emblem is pretty. The very reason people assign bragging rights to prestige levels is because you start all over again each time when you DON"T HAVE TO. By making it something that automatically happens to everyone prestiging stops being special, it literally stops having any point.

McZOMBI

Sounds like someone got shot in the face a lot today.

trialstardragon

How about no, how about when you pay for everyone else's game and internet than you can decide how they should play. Until then just worry about how you play.

Plus this will never happen, for not everyone wants to perstige, so they should not be forced to just to make a crybaby like you happy. You do not need to prestige and just because you did and they have not is not their or IW's fault. So get over it and deal with it.

deadimpact

Some people don't want to trade all of their accomplishments for a bit of prestige. Others don't mind doing it all over again at the cost of resetting everything. What I think is fair is that people are given a choice.

Wait, let me get this straight...  Someone that doesn't WANT to prestige is ruining the game for you?  What is wrong with you?

This is a new complaint.. just what were you taking before typing this?

Really? Well whatev, bro. Thanks for the laugh.

People can choose do they want to prestige or not, and it really cant ruin the game for anybody if someone doesnt want to prestige.

Convict7

Prestige is for people who just want to look tough, like the emblems/titles or just get bored for being lvl 80 all the time, you've got no right to start whining about people not prestiging after they reach lvl 80, they're fine the way their profile is and it's their own business.

Still, it does prove how much unlocking the better weapons and perks helps you in this game. Besides at least you get a challenge instead of being equal with everyone.

Im prestiging because I always need a extra class. For example heres my current classes

1st: Sniper Class

2nd:Assult Rifle 1

3rd: Assult Rifle 2

4th:Submachine Rifle

5th: Hidden Masters Class

6th: Trolling Class

7th: OnlyUseMeBlade Class

Thesandman

I love prestiging and could never stay at lvl 80 as i think the player is chickens**t to prestige as they have to earn everything over again.

As someone said though, if you paid for the game you can play it wotever way you like.

mralpharogue

Who the flip cares if they don't prestige? All it says about them is that they suck.

Example: Yesterday, I played against a guy ranked at 22 in the world on TDM. Me, a 12th prestige at level 50 at the time, destroyed him. He was a level 80 w/ no prestige.

So who cares if they don't prestige? Again. All it means is that they can't handle the challenge of prestiging. And honestly, I think the people who prestige grow in skill while those that remain at the level 80 grow stagnant and lose skill instead of gain it.

i dont have any problem with prestiging because i have a prestige token to unlock  my fav weapon right after i prestige

I am movin up and am level 62 right now I have PRESTIGED ON other Cods and plant to use my tokens once I reach it here, since I can't unlock all weapons yet I plan on keeping my favs to keep just having a emblem or medal is meaningless to me. I want something tangible. Early access to new maps a new weapon or something, ya feel me.

I am movin up and am level 62 right now I have PRESTIGED ON other Cods and plant to use my tokens once I reach it here, since I can't unlock all weapons yet I plan on keeping my favs to keep just having a emblem or medal is meaningless to me. I want something tangible. Early access to new maps a new weapon or something, ya feel me.

Some of them won't prestige because they want to keep the Akimbo fmg9's with extended mags. Or in other cases it's because they want to keep the silent sniper with extra damage.

Some people just don't prestige because that's how they play, can't hate on that. It's jus the people that are scared to lose things that are patched if they prestige that are annoying.

Im a level 80 non prestige, and could care less about prestiging.  To me, starting over is like punishment for my accomplishments, just so I can get some token that aint worth a crap and some dumb a$$ looking emblem. 

But the best part about sticking to level 80, is that I dont need some pretty emblem to show my worth.  Most players I meet up with and are prestiged suck.  And im not talking about the Prestige 8 level 1's, im talking Level 80's prestige 10.  Just because you have played long enough to prestige that many times wont make you a good player.  Hell, I see alot of those people in the top 200 that have .15 kdrs. You cant tell me its not all about kdr.  Cause that sucks!!

codcanuck

No, IW should not make you prestige. It was meant to be a choice: either start over to keep the game fresh, or stay stagnant at the top level and keep everything. Some people want to keep leveling up (like me), some people value their unlocks more.

Besides, have you noticed that once you hit level 80 non prestige, your completion percentage in the main menu is 100%? But then if you prestige and reach level 80 prestige 1, it will say 200%? That shows that level 80 non prestige is kind of the official "end" of levelling...but that you can still keep going...

I hope that last part didn't confuse anyone, lol