1 44 45 46 47 48 Previous Next 564 Replies Latest reply: Oct 2, 2012 11:54 AM by uberNoobs Go to original post RSS
  • 450. Re: This is Lag Compensation
    iigallowsii

You can most definetly ping under 25ms in the US i get between 20ms and 30ms within 300 or so miles. Just becuase you may have crap internet doesnt mean we all do. oh here is an example at 200 miles away 22ms. As a disclamer I do work for my ISP but i have a standard cable provider package it retails for $99.99 a month its 50 down and 8up but i tend to pull a bit more downstream. I tend to get from 20ms to 35ms within 500 miles of my location.

[URL=http://www.pingtest.net][IMG]http://www.pingtest.net/result/59592384.png[/IMG][/URL]

• 451. Re: This is Lag Compensation
    GunSHEEP65

Also be aware that if you bought the DLC the playlists are now split. You have the DLC playlist (where I can find maybe one 50ms game) and the disabled-DLC playlist (where I can find 5-15 50ms games). In the DLC list I've noticed a lot of what the operator is talking about.

• 452. Re: This is Lag Compensation

starbuckfrack wrote:

operator-1 wrote:

evm1 wrote:

Maybe because your a ******* liar?  You can't ping anywhere in the US in under 25ms...

Whoa. Dial down the hate (& the ignorance)...

SpeedTest.net/result/1853597376.png

(The above is not my own SpeedTest.net results, but someone else's from a different thread - showing 11 ms ping.)

Cmon operator. Showing ONE ping test from under 50 miles proves nothing. You dont play with all players in your lobby less than 50 miles away.

I know your better than this twisting the results to show a point. Especially someone elses ping results.

"C'mon starbuck." This "evm1" was calling Capp a "******* liar" claiming "you can't ping anywhere in the US in under 25ms," that "dedicated servers will help," and discrediting the point of the entire video based on one misinformed (or misstated) assumption.

I didn't "twist" anything by providing proof that many people can indeed ping many places all over the US in 25 ms or less.

If you believe that "you can't ping anywhere in the US in under 25ms," then there's nothing more I (or anyone) can do to convince you otherwise. I'm not going to keep going back-&-forth debating it & taking cheap shots at people.

• 453. Re: This is Lag Compensation

Nice vid man!!!!!!

• 454. Re: This is Lag Compensation
    capp00

Glad to see this thread is still gaining interest. It would be nice to get some response from someone.

I'd be satisfied with a "F off, we aren't fixing this broken game", because at least we'd have a response and can stop hoping this steaming pile would ever get fixed.

Friday, played MW2 with Wiggy and Co. Had so much fun. I never beasted, but then again having a team full of beasts makes it a challenge, fighting for kills, but I still had so much fun. Even in the "bad" rounds, I still went positive, like 8-5. lol.

Then I went and played mw3, after the servers came back up. I gave up on giving 2 craps if I even broke even, or if we wont at all. The last round, I went 4-24 and didn't give a crap.
    I think I've decided that I"m doing nothing but rushing straight out in the open with a shotgun from now on. if I get a kill, cool. If not, then it's no different that if I try to be strategic, watch my corners, work with my team and still get killed from around a corner.

Oh and to the doubters of my Ping, I couldn't possibly care less if you believe me. That was not the point of the video. Whether I have a 10ms ping from 2500 miles away or a 75ms ping, the fact that I am always a step ahead of where the game thinks I am is a crying shame.

• 455. Re: This is Lag Compensation
    capp00

I think one of the biggest problems contributing to all the lag issues, is the game switching hosts after every round. That is the dumbest Idea.

Can't count the number of times things are finally "even" for me connection wise and I'm having a great round, then the very next round it picks a new host and it's back to 1-shot deaths again.

• 456. Re: This is Lag Compensation

Good job on the video bud, im hoping things will improve but im not holding my breath I don't think the guys in charge give a damn.

• 457. Re: This is Lag Compensation
    nightpr0wler76

operator-1 wrote:

starbuckfrack wrote:

operator-1 wrote:

evm1 wrote:

Maybe because your a ******* liar?  You can't ping anywhere in the US in under 25ms...

Whoa. Dial down the hate (& the ignorance)...

SpeedTest.net/result/1853597376.png

(The above is not my own SpeedTest.net results, but someone else's from a different thread - showing 11 ms ping.)

Cmon operator. Showing ONE ping test from under 50 miles proves nothing. You dont play with all players in your lobby less than 50 miles away.

I know your better than this twisting the results to show a point. Especially someone elses ping results.

"C'mon starbuck." This "evm1" was calling Capp a "******* liar" claiming "you can't ping anywhere in the US in under 25ms," that "dedicated servers will help," and discrediting the point of the entire video based on one misinformed (or misstated) assumption.

I didn't "twist" anything by providing proof that many people can indeed ping many places all over the US in 25 ms or less.

If you believe that "you can't ping anywhere in the US in under 25ms," then there's nothing more I (or anyone) can do to convince you otherwise. I'm not going to keep going back-&-forth debating it & taking cheap shots at people.

I agree, I am from Canada, and I can ping parts of the US under 25ms lol

• 458. Re: This is Lag Compensation

I can't believe the game i had yesterday usually when i join a game it makes me host as i have good stable Internet. But i joined a game sure enough within 10 seconds of play it switched me to host when someone obviously the host backed out. Then something strange happened as usual i was behind by about three quarters of a second of everyone else and was getting owned and then the game changed host automatically after 2 minutes and proceeded to change host 5 times in 1 minute and eventually the lobby shut down. The message on screen said lobby closed due to server error contact callofduty.com/server status for more help. what is that all about i have never seen that message before unless all the servers go down. So i searched again and gave up after 3 games of different lobbies could not get kills every time it gave me host.

• 459. Re: This is Lag Compensation

Yea I am pretty much done with this game till this is fixed.  I have never played a game where it has gotten this bad.  I Have the 30Mbps internet from comcast and still suffer majorly only because the game decides to give host to someone with a crappy connection that gives everyone 3 bars basically.  The rare chance I do get host, I see everyone having full 4 bars and never dipping down.  But of course, they had to make the shittiest host selection in this game ever.

1 44 45 46 47 48 Previous Next