1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 49 Replies Latest reply: Aug 12, 2012 10:40 PM by infinitlag Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: Lets give Treyarch a list of things to patch.
    nintendon't

like2nap03 wrote:

It's either lag compensation or lag shooting.  When this game came out it had lag shooting like MWR.  Everyone complained about it so they patched it and put in the lag compensation.  Can't make everyone happy...

It wasn't lag shooting, the hit detection was just broken. You need lag compensation in the game in order to have proper hit detection or else you'll end up with MWR connection quality.

The lag compensation code is just broken in MW3, it gives players with weak connections at an advantage, and it puts players with strong connections at a disadvantage. It was perfect in Black Ops Wii, so Treyarch can make everyone happy, but it seems like they don't want to for whatever reason.

• 11. Re: Lets give Treyarch a list of things to patch.
    nerrel

they need to patch the one hit lag kills. the pp90m1, p90, type 95, and akimbo machine pistols usually seem to kill instantly with no red marks. any gun with a rapid fire rate seems to choke the game with lag.

akimbos need to be removed, period. at least for the FMG and MP9. if they keep them in and rebalance them to be fair, they'll have neutered them so badly there'll be no point in akimbo anyway.

the M16A4 is way underpowered, and so are most of the handguns. those guns need a few tweaks to compete.

i also agree with the dead man's hand nerfing, it's absurdly huge. final stand in general has a problem with not being able to land a hit on someone who's recently gotten down, so for a brief instant they can shoot at you with a PP90M1 from their back and kill you instantly  after you 'killed' them and there's nothing you can do about it.

also, if possible they should try to optimize the larger maps like village to reduce the frame rate drops. they can really screw those maps over when a lot of peopel are fighting in open areas.

• 12. Re: Lets give Treyarch a list of things to patch.

Who's this nerrel guy? Please bro you said you dont want to play COD anymore.

Go watch my little pony and GTFO!

• 13. Re: Lets give Treyarch a list of things to patch.

I want INFECTED!!!

• 14. Re: Lets give Treyarch a list of things to patch.

Dragunov needs to have its damage increased from 70 to 98, so it can OSOK to the chest w/out a silencer, and to the head and neck w/ a silencer.

• 15. Re: Lets give Treyarch a list of things to patch.
    nerrel

sovietcookie wrote:

Who's this nerrel guy? Please bro you said you dont want to play COD anymore.

Go watch my little pony and GTFO!

i said i wasn't going to BUY any COD games again, not that i wasn't going to play the one i already blew $50 on. i'm gettin me money out of this game one way or the other.

• 16. Re: Lets give Treyarch a list of things to patch.
    like2nap03

nintendon\'t wrote:

It wasn't lag shooting, the hit detection was just broken. You need lag compensation in the game in order to have proper hit detection or else you'll end up with MWR connection quality.

The lag compensation code is just broken in MW3, it gives players with weak connections at an advantage, and it puts players with strong connections at a disadvantage. It was perfect in Black Ops Wii, so Treyarch can make everyone happy, but it seems like they don't want to for whatever reason.

lol My connection is weak.  Weaker than most, and it doesn't give me an advantage.  It's quite obvious when I'm playing that my ping times are slower than everyone else (and they really are).  Maybe mine is so bad that they can't help me!

I've heard a lot of people say it gives weaker connections an advantage.  What do you mean by that?  What advantage do those players have?  For me, having slower ping times puts me at the disadvantage that it should.  Players with faster connections will see me before I see them and if we appear to start shooting at the same time, most likely they actually started shooting first, and I will die if the player can aim well.  It just didn't appear that way due to my lag.  Basically it seems to work like it should for me. 

So how does it help players with poor connections?  Maybe those players have poor connections but just not as poor as mine.  Actually that's probably the case.  Maybe it helps "mediocre" connections.  Can you describe how it helps them though?  I don't know because I don't experience this.

• 17. Re: Lets give Treyarch a list of things to patch.
    infinitlag

Its not good when you go into a whole lobby of 1 bars.....not good at all.....................

• 18. Re: Lets give Treyarch a list of things to patch.

Most developers care about a game for years on after the release of the game.

wajackbauer wrote:

We've all given them lists before. I tell IW things to patch for the PC version which wouldn't take long at all (30 mins in total for everything that I ask) to change and have given them logical reason to change it and they don't do it.

The thing we all have to understand is that like 90% of video game developers these days do not make games out of passion, they make them to make money, because the video game industry has become one of the most profitable industries of our time. They couldn't give a damn how you think you can imrpove their game because they've already got your money. No matter how much logic you drive into them, they won't change what you tell them to unless they feel like.

TLDR: You'll be lucky to find developers that care about a game 2 months after launch

Most developers still care about the game months after launch. However, with IW and 3arc, the case is different. Activision, being a money w****, wants games to be launched every year. This rushes how the game is developed and therefore these games come out really bad. And this effects the Wii a lot since it is a non-HD console and cant support a lot of the game. Treyarch only gives updates to us to the point that it is 'playable'. After that, they dont care.