6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 24, 2012 12:03 PM by tallowby RSS

Negative Match Scores = Beast score

tallowby

Update

I like others on this forum have received a negative match XP score when viewed on Elite. This has magnified during the double XP weekend.

It has been confirmed that if you score in one round more than 30,000 XP, a random negative value will be displayed on Elite. The true score is recorded and you did not loose XP.

The developers in there great wisdom did not think a score that high would happen I guess...

With clan and prestige coin XP bonus on top of a 2x weekend gave a lot of players 4x XP for a period of time this weekend and many have seen this oversight.

I have done the math and the correct XP is recorded just not displayed properly in those negative XP rounds on Elite.

With all the threads about this you think they would let us know... or even better they could have uped the max XP score Elite can handle in that script.

I was on a twenty minute discussion with Activision about one match I had that gave me a negative score for the round.

There are many trolls on this board that state you only have this happen if you are a cheater. Well that is far from the truth.

It is from another issue we have all dealt with. LAG and stable conections to the host.

The first question the tech asked was

"Did you have any connection interruptions or notice unusually heavy lag within the match prior to this happening?"

"Sometimes, data can be lost during heavy lag or due to connection interruptions."

"If you lose connection during a match, you should back out to the main menu and restart the console. If you don't, you risk losing any progress past that point."

I explained that there is always lag but I was not disconnected.

In the end they are looking into the negative score issue.

So if you also have received a negative score please report it to them. There is a flaw dealing with connection to the host which can cause this.

And for the trolls that have stopped many from reporting this due to you calling them cheats. Thanks for keeping a known bug alive for so long.

So again if you also have received a negative score please report it. There is a flaw dealing with connection to the host which can cause this.

Message was edited by: tallowby

• Re: Negative Match Scores - Activision Reveals

I've never noticed it but just went on elite and it says i got -24,000 xp... dont think I actually got a minus tho or de levelled...

trialstardragon

Hmm.. now would that not be thing if they ever added that as a game feature. You do bad in a round you would get negative scores which could cause you to delevel, which would cause weapons unlocked at certain levels to relock again..

I can just hear all the rage if they ever did this...it would be so epic the world would come to an end because of all the rage about it.

Yes. This has happened to me several times. I noticed it while checking my stats on Elite. I got in touch with support and gave them match times and scores. They said they would look into it and get back to me... Whatever. At the moment the matchmaking is totally horrible. I mostly get to play against people all over Europe. Austria, Sweden, UK, Germany and France in the same lobbie. Most of the times the French win. I guess they have the worst internet connections...

tallowby

I like others on this forum have received a negative match XP score when viewed on Elite. This has magnified during the double XP weekend.

It has been confirmed that if you score in one round more than 30,000 XP, a random negative value will be displayed on Elite. The true score is recorded and you did not loose XP.

The developers in there great wisdom did not think a score that high would happen I guess...

With clan and prestige coin XP bonus on top of a 2x weekend gave a lot of players 4x XP for a period of time this weekend and many have seen this oversight.

I have done the math and the correct XP is recorded just not displayed properly in those negative XP rounds on Elite.

With all the threads about this you think they would let us know... or even better they could have uped the max XP score Elite can handle in that script.

Elite_Help How about putting your stamp on this?