24 Replies Latest reply: Mar 30, 2012 7:01 PM by wikked75 RSS

Boycott of next C.O.D and any other xbox exclusive games and content.

As a PS3 user i am getting pissed at xbox getting advanced exclusivty. I like many others am an elite member and find it so unfair i need to wait 4 to 6 weeks to get dlc after xbox. If this issue is annoying any one else reply here and if enough interest is shown i will be stiing up a facebook and twitter page dedicated to this boy cott ready to send link to Activision Infinity Ward and treyarch  to show that we will not take this crap from them any more and hopefully the threat of losing so much money will scare them into rethinking the exclusivty deals in future weather it is on xbox or PS3.

Come on people sign up so we can try to create a world of fair gameing for all

• Re: Boycott of next C.O.D and any other xbox exclusive games and content.

silly billy, use search, about 10m people also say the same things, and you wanna know what? why do you think xbox gets it first. contract money. thats all there is to it, money. if you were offered an extra load of cash to give a friend some of your pie first, you would. theng ive some to the other guy after.

nickpeck36

It's been known fora very long time how it was going to work so I guess you should have paid attention before you paid for it.  The contract runs out with this game so the next game will be the same for both systems.  It does suck having to wait but that's just how it is.

Also why try to boycott?  You know you and every other person that complains about this game will be the first in line to get it lol.

think the contract will be renewed? i think it could be

nickpeck36

From the few things I have read Activision only allowed it up to MW3 and every game after will have DLC delivered at the same time for every system.  I'm sure if MS hangs out some big #'s they might change their minds but I doubt it.

I'm an Xbox player, had this on the 360 as I just prefer the system and the controller.  However, that dosen't mean I can't like my PS3 either.  I moved from the 360 to the PS3 because my buddy only plays on the PS3 and is always on so I decided to change systems for this game.

The wait does suck for sure for PS3 only guys, I feel for ya.  It's annoying me as well since I only have the game for the PS3 (all my content drops going undownloaded on the 360 lol / cry).  Oh well.

I hope BO2 mixes the best qualities of BO and MW3 to make one kick ass game.  Though I do hope they redo the damn net code from the ground up so we don't have the same issues as we do now, though who knows until we hear more about it.

AC_786

i agree with what nick says and theres no point in boycotting PS3 games as a whole cuz xbox gets stuff first i mean its not as if xbox get exclusive rights to ALL games lol sony also have there fair share (if not as many titles as PS3) but they do have them the Q is do the xbox community moan about it as much as we do ....

im just happy that we get to play the games eventually i mean look at GTA a while back when Ballard of dead tony took forever to be released on Ps3 lol

shanerama15

I hardly believe that people do a whole lot of research into Game company contracts with platforms when buying a game. xbox not only recieves early content, this official website is all about xbox! I think it would be benificial to have official sites for each platform, that way we would'nt have info filterd through an xbox timeline.

wridtrvlr

It's all about MONEY!!!  The green goblin.  Microsoft paid more than Sony, they got the exclusive contract, they get the DLC before us. 

I hope and pray, when the contract ends, that nothing like this gets put in place.  I would not even wish this upon xBOX users.  It is such crap that the exact same game would release it's content to different users at different times when in the end we will all end up with the same DLC.  To me it's pointless and was just about money and greed. 

Justin_IRE

Personally, I will wait this time.. for a few weeks.. check out the forums see if there has been an improvment and then decide to buy it or not.. simple

If its better the community will let us know.. if its crap it will let us know twice as quick

Izjar11

Though you are right its mostly an annoyance its also fair business practice to offer a service to one brand for a time period than to others! They can do as they wish, BUSINESS is the word you need to look up! Trust me child, there are a MILLION more important things out there that you should try to boycott!

mallafornia

I feel like boycotting PS3 until it gets Gears Of War on board

As for the OP, you'll set up a Facebook page about it, aaaah haaaaa ha. Along with the other useless 50 million bullcrap pages such as "I hate hangover's" and "what does your name mean?"

I gave up caring that xbox gets the content before us.  What I do wish is that they would just give every PS3 player the content at the same time.  I am a premium member and I wish non premium members would get it at the same time so that I could play the maps on standard playlists.  I have barely played the new maps because of this.  I don't mind losing the advantage of getting maps before non premium members as I feel it was worth the price to get the dlc at a slightly cheaper price.

OP, what you fail to realise is that Activision offered the exlusive deal to SONY first, and they refused. If you are looking for anyone to blame, blame the makers of your console for not acting on the deal.

Because of that failure to act; and the success of the agreement (from Microsofts POV), you will most likely see the agreement renewed at E3 this year, and you have nothing but Sony to blame.

Now, I for one couldn't care less about the deal, I would prefer all to be equal, but don't go blaming IW/3ARC for this.

wikked75

i wouldn't expect sony to put up big bucks to get a timed exclusive deal. they don't charge their customers to play online. it wouldn't be a responsible decision. to say "blame sony" is just not the way to look at it. i could also say blame xbox for taking the money they take (for a service that is free for everyone else.)  and using it to try and boost their sales.

and you say it's been a successful deal... yeah, it was for activision, just in the fact that they made money off of something that everyone was gonna get anyways... but it will now cut into Elite's sales, most likely. so it's not gonna be considered successful in the future.

Dude, it's about a month. Are you literally that impatient? Be happy you get it at all.

you know what I say, f**k activision. I was going to buy a map pack..but they have taken to long to release one to us non-elite. and thank god I didn't buy that **** garbage either. I feel bad for all pc and ps3 getting screwed...again. this seems to be a pattern. and to all the shitbox  lovers starting console wars of why they think they deserve first, it doesn't mean crap. so what if activision was paid by microsoft. you know what that tells me...is that microsoft is to lame of a company to rely on there own success for a fan base so they need to bribe and pay loyalties to other companies(who are whores) for exclusivity rights to make people want to play on there system. pc and ps3 take the other 2/3 revenue for this company..especially for those on ps3 who were unfortunate enough to have bought elite when they had straight up been  lied to saying no exclusivity to any console and changed there wording later. it never took 5 months to get a freaking map pack before. they are purposely in some ways shortening the games life cycle for ps3 and pc by doing this. in another 6 to 7 months a new cod is going to be out. and when ps3 users are fortunate enough to finally get a map to play on..all there sheep Friends will have bought the next cod..or further worse..bought a **** box....further more filling activisions greedy ass pockets. maybe cod should just be made for xbox. because that's what's going to happen when they keep shitting on the other platform users..and no I'm not going to buy a shitbox just so I can play a cod game. they just wont have my money.period.

and another thing...im done. i aint wasting 1 more cent to buy there crap ops 2 coming out in nov. either. i suggest all ps3 users and pc unite and actually boycott activision. together we are stronger than activision and can force them to change by f**king with there money. let them feel hungry again instead of giving out crap commercials about how they know were going to buy it any ways and calls us consumers *******.

you know what..one more thing to add. if they want people to prestige....which the majority doesn't because theirs no pay off...then instead of charging for map packs they should let you unlock a map every time you prestige. at least the ones that have been made FROM previous installments..because I don't agree with the old "cut and paste old map and charge again"  idea either. those maps were paid for 3 games ago. they should install over to the new game automatically. this would actually let the game keep a longer lifespan and interest. but atlas, as long as people keep buying them...they'll keep charging. DON'T BE SHEEP! WAKE UP!

boycotts are pointless as for it being a 360 exclusive, it already is, the ps3 is poorly made port of the 360 game, it will be the same with black ops 2, but we will still buy that pos

I am suprised how deep this has gone. They are maps, for a game, that we play. Did not know it was this serious. Do people not realize xBox players pay to play? Don't you think if you paid for a service you should get something that other people don't get? I am on Playstation since day one and never felt like as a PS3 user/owner that just because xBox got a map a couple weeks before me, well I should start a rant?! With that being said, I paid for Elite for PS3, I get the maps before the people who didn't pay for them, on PS3. If I bought the maps for xBox, I would have them before the other people on xBox. Stop this cross-console war.