24 Replies Latest reply: Mar 30, 2012 9:21 AM by mithbtX RSS

So what was happening last night..

the_eon

Put on the PS3 last night and went negative 20 games in a row. Now I'm no pro player but will always go positive at least 9 times out 10. Last night was just shocking, couldn't go positive no matter how I tried.

Then I started to rage quit after about 5 games and you guessed it I was host, and I was host a lot. The worrying thing is it wasn't obvioous I was host. Prior to last night if I was hosting it was obvious, games would start stuttering when I was running and I would would feel like a Juggernaught. The strange thing last night was I would start off really well, felt like I was getting one shot kills, then although it wasn't too obvious it started to feel I was using more bullets to kill people and then I would just start going negative. It was like none of my perks were working, but no stutter and the game still seemed fast. I would then Rage quit and yet again I was host.

So it now seems I'm pulling Host a lot all of a sudden and to make it worse it's not that obvious from the start, I would rather it stutter so I can pull out early......  Let's hope it was just one of those nights..........

I am UK based and seemed to playing with mostly French people last night, in fact I see to play against the french a lot, not sure that is helping matters!!!

• Re: So what was happening last night..
    BLACKDOG

maybe they sorted the lag compensation and the people with a better connection actually got to play properly for a change

Justin_IRE

I found this problem also, (a lot of French players last night) bad matches..

Were you using the DLC maps or just normal matches?

I resorted to playing Dropzone to just get a few feel good games..

i have been stuck in bloody french servers for ages now.. i stopped playing MW3 2 weeks ago for various reasons on this game but last last i was tempted to come back online.. i played 4 games.. 2 on my own and 2 in a party of friends.. the 2 i played on my own was in french servers.. the other 2 in a party i was being insta-killed... kinda wished i didnt come back but i was missing a good FPS and also missed playing online with my bro's... to erradicate me from hosting i turned Upnp off but it still felt after around 3  mins into each game that i was...? i have a very good connection from which i wished i didnt for MW3.. maybe the latest update has done something AGAIN to the matchmaking.... ? i still cant work out why being a uk player i keep getting put in french servers when i live in the uk... if it doesnt happen in this game can the NEXT COD have an option to choose what countrys i play online with please.. ?

the_eon

Yep, it was bad last night. Something has changed in the matchmaking I'm sure. If I'm just getting beat by better players due to the lag comp being removed then fair enough, I can handle that. I'm not sure that's the case though. I just want a bit of consistency. Don't know how guys have a KD above 3 in this game, they must either be throttling their connection or just fortunate to not get Host. It's almost impossible to get a high KD without camping when your host, and camping just gets boring....

ive tried throttling mate and that does'nt do the job like everybody thinks.. if you have a great connection then you should have a great ping.. which inturn only gets you lag compensated in a very bad way with insta-kill deaths.. from my experience now with COD MW3 all i can say is if your natural connection sits around 6 meg down..0.8 up and a ping of around 30 you will do well on this game.. anything quicker then that which is highly possible now in the uk with isp's getting quicker day by day you will suffer at the hands of the evil infinity wards bad giving advantage to slower connections.. i suppose add that to the foriegn servers im stuck in and the wireless players and i can see why im struggling..

nickpeck36

Yah I hear ya.  Last nite (US) I had a handful of good games but the ones I went barely negative in were the ones where I was getting shot and killed way before I rounded a damn corner or anything.  I usually try to stick games out but a few of them were really bad which drives me nuts.

I hate when you get on a roll in a few matches then you get in a slightly lagged one and can't do anything .  I agree with the high KDR people, I know not ALL of them cheat or anything like that but most of the ones I seem to play against are the corner campers or snipers.  I won't complaing because it's in the game and is a way to play it no matter how much people hate it.

Some games are good and you have fun then other's T you off to no end, let's hope the next game gets newly built netcode.

Justin_IRE

Yea, getting host in MW3 is such a huge disadvantage..

Also the latest patch was supposed to match same type connections together ..1-3 bar players and then 3-4 bar connections...

It is taking longer for me to find matches, which mean it could be working.. but havent played enough to get sure... apart from the host migrate there didnt seem to be much lag last night, just non-consistent playing (on my part)

Now this could be down to the new map out, and more players being online at once to try them out..

Justin_IRE wrote:

Yea, getting host in MW3 is such a huge disadvantage..

Also the latest patch was supposed to match same type connections together ..1-3 bar players and then 3-4 bar connections...

It is taking longer for me to find matches, which mean it could be working.. but havent played enough to get sure... apart from the host migrate there didnt seem to be much lag last night, just non-consistent playing (on my part)

Now this could be down to the new map out, and more players being online at once to try them out..

So what happens when your in a party of 6 and say 2 players have 4 bars..3 players have 3 bars and 1 player has 2 bars.. ? how does the new matchmaking work lol... also are the bars actually accurate..?

Justin_IRE

Great question.. as it already takes a long time for a full party to find a game.. this new patch could mess things up even more.

So I would guess it will try take an average of the connections and get a match based on that.

To your second issue. I dont think the "bar meter" is that accurate.. as I have been in games where it mine would drop to a red bar.. while I am still beasting it..

So both are very good questions tho and will look into it.

Justin_IRE wrote:

Great question.. as it already takes a long time for a full party to find a game.. this new patch could mess things up even more.

So I would guess it will try take an average of the connections and get a match based on that.

To your second issue. I dont think the "bar meter" is that accurate.. as I have been in games where it mine would drop to a red bar.. while I am still beasting it..

So both are very good questions tho and will look into it.

i can understand the logic of balencing the party out but then some poor player will get lag compensated in a bad way which is prob happening now as the lobby has evened itself out, so basically 4 players could play well but 2 players will suck with there good quality connections..

dedicatedserversplease

I played in a party of 6 and it was the worst ever.  65/15Mbps connection with 8ms ping.  Game stuttered, I couldnt kill anyone and was getting instakilled all day. This game is just one joke after another.  Any other video game improves with patches, look at DICE, Bungie and even Treyarch.  IW couldnt scratch their butts properly.

my connection isnt quite 65/15 but it is 38/8 which is still in the top 95% of the uk and still this game penilises me like you would not believe.. well maybe you relise but not all lol. it seems fast connections are not the answer for online gaming m8

AC_786

my connections seems to be ok only experience lag in around maybe 1 or 2 games per 25

http://imgur.com/E2dxo

the_eon wrote:

Put on the PS3 last night and went negative 20 games in a row. Now I'm no pro player but will always go positive at least 9 times out 10. Last night was just shocking, couldn't go positive no matter how I tried.

Then I started to rage quit after about 5 games and you guessed it I was host, and I was host a lot. The worrying thing is it wasn't obvioous I was host. Prior to last night if I was hosting it was obvious, games would start stuttering when I was running and I would would feel like a Juggernaught. The strange thing last night was I would start off really well, felt like I was getting one shot kills, then although it wasn't too obvious it started to feel I was using more bullets to kill people and then I would just start going negative. It was like none of my perks were working, but no stutter and the game still seemed fast. I would then Rage quit and yet again I was host.

So it now seems I'm pulling Host a lot all of a sudden and to make it worse it's not that obvious from the start, I would rather it stutter so I can pull out early......  Let's hope it was just one of those nights..........

I am UK based and seemed to playing with mostly French people last night, in fact I see to play against the french a lot, not sure that is helping matters!!!

Mine was acting odd lastnight too. I played for 90 minutes and my stats never changed. the same win/loss, accuracy, and KDR. So i shut it off. I went back and played after 3 hours and it was fine

rwcgillam

Lagging was terrible last night and this morning. Unplayable lag.  Hope it gets sorted out before I get back home later this evening.

rlbl

geez it is nt just me. Last night had to be the worst night ever. Most games I had 2 bars and I could not kill people to save my life (and it did not matter what game mode, or whether I was playing solo or with friends)

I had one good game, felt relieved, shut off the PS3 and went to bed.

rlbl wrote:

geez it is nt just me. Last night had to be the worst night ever. Most games I had 2 bars and I could not kill people to save my life (and it did not matter what game mode, or whether I was playing solo or with friends)

I had one good game, felt relieved, shut off the PS3 and went to bed.

I had some good matches when I played solo, and a few good matches once I got into a party, but there were several where my team and I were obviously on the slower side of the lag. I mean having people in sights and firing 8-10 rounds at them just to get killed without even seeing a damage indicator. Enemies stuttering across the screen. And these were supposedly 50ms and 75ms lobbies.

Magic_Muschroom

I have 1000/100Mbps and still when i play with friends from other continnents i always get 1 up to 2 bars if im not the host. Then it´s 2 bars more for me and 2 bars less for my friends. Why is that?

Thesandman

I had a bad night last night also, where i dropped from 1.44 to 1.42 in one evening. As someone else said the matches always started out ok and i would go maybe 12-5 to maybe end up 21-29. Dunno what was happening.

Dumb question, but in the lobby if you are in top place on the list,are you host?

Thesandman wrote:

I had a bad night last night also, where i dropped from 1.44 to 1.42 in one evening. As someone else said the matches always started out ok and i would go maybe 12-5 to maybe end up 21-29. Dunno what was happening.

Dumb question, but in the lobby if you are in top place on the list,are you host?

We were noticing that in our party, too. We would do really great for the first 30-40 kills, but once we hit 5000 points, it's like the other team got a whole new line-up and started taking us down.