17 Replies Latest reply: Mar 30, 2012 7:28 PM by esmorgue RSS

quick scopers and snipers

fair play, quick scoping takes some skill but i gotta say...i think you're all douchebags and my favourite time in games is sneaking up to your little hole where you hide and knife you in the back.

• Re: quick scopers and snipers
    Thesandman

Even ordinary snipers? or do you mean just quickscopers?

Quickscopers rarely do hide in little holes.

Quickscopers have no skill it a glitch in the game. A tru sniper is a skilled play to get a one shot one kill.

agnt-Red_Wing wrote:

Quickscopers have no skill it a glitch in the game. A tru sniper is a skilled play to get a one shot one kill.

You might say that quickscoping does not take that much skill, but you can't say anything about quickscopers as you know nothing about them (most of them, anyway).

You shoot right after you've scoped in. That's not a glitch.

Separate real life sniping with MW3-sniping. There is no true sniping in call of dutys. Every way of sniping in this game is as true as any other.

It is a glitch. They made it harder in Blops and all the kids cryed about it and they gave it back.

esmorgue

aPuppy wrote:

agnt-Red_Wing wrote:

You might say that quickscoping does not take that much skill, but you can't say anything about quickscopers as you know nothing about them (most of them, anyway).

You shoot right after you've scoped in. That's not a glitch.

Separate real life sniping with MW3-sniping. There is no true sniping in call of dutys. Every way of sniping in this game is as true as any other.

Glitch left in the games mechanics, to keep kids buying the game.

Are you kidding me. Sitting on top of mission and hard aimin takes skill? Thanks for letting me know that your terrible at this game.

QSers dont hide moron. Those are hardscopers with blind eye and assasin. QSers rush. Thanks for proving your an idiot!

my favourite time is facing a quickscoper and watching him shoot about 3 times tapping that l1 button like a gaylord and missing completely, then just battering him with my assault rifle.

got to be honest. lying around snipering from a long distance away does not take much skill.

Q/s and snipers are cxxxs that ruin the game for everyone else , no matter what game I go in there will be some fuxxxxg idiot scoping everyone , im sure it takes skill to be good at it and it seems to be getting worse , that was the good thing about black ops there was not much of it,just lag

Look - Quickscoping, regardless of one's feelings towards it, is here to stay. Seeing as it is an exploit that has become engrained into the culture of the community, I think it's here to stay.

Every game has its share of these. Halo's developers clearly did not intend for flag runners to constantly "juggle" flags when capping objectives to run with the flag faster and BF2 developers clearly didn't envision people running around "dolphin diving" to prevent from getting hit. In that same manner, CoD developers did not intend snipers to be used in a quickscoping manner or people to use tactical layout to dropshot.

There are three things that can happen.

1) Nothing changes. Just as Halo developers haven't touched flag juggling, CoD developers can let these be.

2) Slight nerf. Black Ops did this for snipers and I assume the next title will as well.

3) Complete removal. BF2 had dolphin diving, but it got so out of hand that in both Bad Company titles, DICE removed prone completely.

dlundebjerg28

I'm interested to see how this new sniping works in BO2. Theres been leaks popping up everywhere about the game, and one thing I saw is that they are removing a lot of the idle sway from Sniper Rifles, but taking away aim assist on the snipers.

If this turns out to be true, I think this will end the entire quickscoping debate of whether or not it takes skill. If people quickscope successfully with this new set up, its clear that they are accurate and have a bit of skill. If they all the sudden suck, its pretty clear that aim assist does a fair amount of work for them.

Personally, I feel like most of the people that quickscope don't really have skill, and get pretty lucky with their shots. I have run accross a few kids that are pretty good at quickscoping, and even when I watch their killcams, the crosshairs are lined up perfectly on target. I would say its a 75/25 split between people getting lucky, and people who are good

I'd much rather be a hardscoper than a Quickscoper.

In a game where people are constantly moving around, I find it does take more aiming skill as a hardscoper to get kills than a Quickscoper, who will usually be moving WITH those other people.

matuzz

I find that if you see/hear someone shooting a sniper rifle 4 or 5 times, and not hitting anything, well no, that doesn't take skill. You will get the player who is on point every shot, that does take skill. I find "quickly shooting" the right way to snipe in this game. Quick scoping on a public tdm won't get you any where. The spawns will prevent you from long-term hardscoping an area. Quick Shooting is where it is! Find where they are, hard-scope the first one, find the rest and Quick Shoot them, right when the cross hair from the scope comes in.

Snipingdbag

Using a sniper rifle is fun, purely for the inch precise

ohk ability all over the field. I have been getting back into it recently, getting a lot of great games scoping quickly. Also A lot, a lot of hitmarkers and Lag / lag spikes makes it impossible to snipe in this fast paced game.

I can't get marksman pro. I feel you need to be zoomed in forever to get one of the hold breath challenges done. I got like 40 plus sniper kills in one game & only 2 hold breath marksman pro challenges done, while I steady the aim for most shots, pretty annoying. So I switched back to steady aim pro.

Qsing itself is an ok mechanism to defend yourself cqb, but I generally switch to the FMGS when necessary since using it as a playstyle is Retarded and ineffective on the long run. Scoping quickly mid range, steadying aim every time you have the time and qs when you really need to or you know you will hit the guy and want the quick kill. .

Some of these maps are absolutely horrible for the sniper rifle and without the fmgs I would feel severely handicapped, especially while running around.