38 Replies Latest reply: Mar 31, 2012 8:58 AM by Paddi RSS

Accusing People of Modding.

I'm one of many people who constantly gets accused of modding.  It's not enough to jsut mute the person, if that was the case, I'd join lobbies full of already muted people, which in term isn't fun at all.

If someone if better than you, don't scream 'Modder, Hacker, Cheater,' with that being said either A. Leave, B. Adapt, C. Get Better.

if they are doing something fishy, chekc it out and foward it to Bancandy.    

• Re: Accusing People of Modding.
    TanglingPilot80

It's interesting you feel compelled to go out of your way to tell people you're not cheating in any way shape or form.

If you aren't, why would you care.

Sigmund Freud would have a field day with this.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

Nice gameplay!

Screw the hackusations and keep on steamrolling those kids.

deucedouglas

The aim assist is strong with this one.

Southend_boi

i like to believe 2+2=7... 7 is my favorite number and i can do math how ever i want and it'll be correct because i believe myself.

ruhikuz

So a video of you camping B on Liberation... mad skills, not.

How do yo explain the quick scoping and the shots you make. You are not that good. You have some type of help. You talk to much about other people accusing you of modding. I say your cheating and thats the end of it.

Cause quickscoping is extremely hard?  It's easy, it's been easy since MW2.  It's completely Linear, and something I do when I'm bored, or when I just feel like sniping. 

You can judge my skill level off of one gameplay? when I get 44 kils with a Sniper.  I mean the gameplay was mostly irrelivant I just needed soemthing to commentate over.

Paddi...Don't get mad, but I've often wondered...how well someone that uses a sniper rifle like this does with a normal set up?

Just for the sake of the convo...how well do you fair with a standard load out?

I find myself getting a huge smile on my face when I run into a guy that has been "Quick Scoping" and I catch him not paying attention...several times I have gone off looking for someone who QS'ed me...The Gilly Suit is hard to miss when they run around!

I run better with a normal Layout.  Depends on the map.  I play a lot of FFA when I'm alone, and have gotten 75 of my 84 MOABs in FFA.  I like everyone else has their bad games.  But I usually get usally a 2-5 KD is varies on how I play, who I play against, what I run.

My Kd in FFA is a 2.4 something or maybe a 2.5 something i'm no sure.  My overall is a 2.33. and thats with Run and Gunning.

Put it this way, I'm a bigger threat with an actual gun, than with a sniper.

I agree with you 100%. So many bad players out there that automatically accuse when they have no clue how to play the game. Typical whiners with no excuse for their poor play

JetEye

With gameplay like that, I completely understand why people think you hack/mod/aimbot... the game just doesn't perform like that for everyone.  Lag compensation puts many people at a huge disadvantage, especially with a sniper rifle.  Do you know how many hit markers I've gotten with headshots with my MSR?  Hundreds. 

Bullets just don't seem to count for many many people, but for others, they barely have to try.  They just pull the trigger without aiming and get headshots.  It's not that you're "better" than them.  It's the game peforms better for your than for others due to factors such as lag and lag compensation.  How the game performs for you, others could only dream of. 

How do I know this? I've had games where I feel like an Aztec god that you should bow down before where every single shot hits and I've had games the complete opposite where I miss every single shot or get hit markers. 

There are people that have nothing but Aztec-god-like games, and they automatically assume the game is just as easy for everyone else as it is for them.  They feel if others don't perform as well, then the only explanation is that they suck.  Well, that's just not the case.  The game just doesn't work the same and peform as well for many people as it does for you.  If you never experience good hit detection, how would you even know it's possible for others to have the kind of hit detection you have?  For some people the only thing that makes sense is Aim Bots/Hacking/Modding.

Just out of curiosity what's your gamertag so I can take a look through Elite your class set-ups?  What is your look sensitivity for sniping/quickscoping?

my tag is iTz Padwani 1h, feel free to look @ my setups if you wish.  They do change a lot.

Custom 1 Always stays the same. I love that gun.  Custom 2 + 3 always change depend on what I'm feeling.  Same with 3 and 5.  I always have dedicated classes to Smgs and Ars.  My Msr class doesn't change, nor does my Shotty, my L118 class changes between that and the 50 cal.  Don't even ask about the PM-9 Class...

I Play on 10, for everything, hell i've played on 10 since CoD2.

I just watched your clip all the way through and the only thing i see that i don't like is the quick scoping. Once learnt it is to easy to get kills but in saying that i love hunting down quick scopers and rinsing them with my P90 or L86. Other then that I don't see anything wrong with your game play maybe because of the game sync being an issue with this title people think you are cheating. I have been on xbox for nearly 4 years and have seen how people use mods or hack and it is easy to spot. And if you play with your sensitivity on 10 it is easier to turn and shoot someone. I use the turtle beach X41 headset and unless someone is using dead silence you can hear them a mile off. All you have to do is look at the mini map and if there is no green arrow you know it's an enemy. I get heaps of kills just by this method and i always use dead silence except for my L86 class i use marksman to spot targets with the ACOG attached they show up like dogs dangly bits.

I agree with you. Well said.

Are you not the child that kept bumping the o look how bad this dude is post? The look at me im better then this guy post? WIth that much of a child mentality you probably are cheating, people that are doing nothing wrong do not have the need to post that hey look at me i am doing nothing wrong. Climb back in your hack house and stop posting.

Lol, So me replying to comments makes me a bad person?  the video served the purpose of "Calling Legit Players Hackers" and 'Reporting Actual Hackers" that game was recorded live, and as you can plainly see theres nothing there.  I've seen thigns such as ai'm bots and wall hacks back in MW2, with the Green Boxes, and Names through walls.

The Sooner players get out of the mentality of "He's better than me he must be cheating" mind set and into the "Okay, he's just better than me, I can either adapt, or leave" mindset the better.

Paddi. I have been in a game with you a while back now and you are good. I will admit. However the issue with most of the people that play the game is that when they see someone good that they have never heard of that makes the person a cheater and modder. If they jump in a game with say optic or a very famous youtubber that they know they will go "Oh we have seen him he is good and he is legit". Cannot put a number on the times I was accused of having a modded controller on Black Ops for having a good trigger finger on the M14. The funniest one I got was a tripple spray with that gun and was arguing with an American for the rest of the night. Best entertainment ever.

People will find anything to complain about now.  if they lose it's any of the following "My Ping, Lag, Cheating, Modding, Boosting, Glitching, that guy was camping, these spawn suck, etc"

it's kind of pathetic.

deucedouglas

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/17472340.jpg

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Your Meme is bad, and you should feel bad. (\/) (;,,;) (\/)

deucedouglas

I'm not the one making a thread crying about some random guy accusing me of having 'mods' and 'hacks'.

You're the one wasting time making worthless overused memes.

This isn't so much about me being called a Modder/Hacker, it's to the point as stated above that so many people do this, and 95% of the people they actuall accuse are completely legit and just maybe better than them.

deucedouglas

Seems to me like you got trolled. 95% people do stuff like that to get a reaction out of someone. I beat a guy in KC like 3 months ago and everytime I killed him he would scream all sorts of different things at the top of his lungs. And about every two weeks I get a message from him calling me a f*****.

I don't think there are a large portion of people that accuse someone of hacks that legitimately think the other person is hacking. It's probably more so these days with the recent stuff that has come out but it's mainly either an excuse for the reason why they died or they're just plain stupid.

Oh, I know most kids do it becuase they need an excuse, I'm just sick of it.  Like I stated this was more of a Public Service annoucment to stop making excuses because someone has beaten your or is better, and just let it be, leave the game, or just get better.

CowboySr

I didnt watch your video, but I dont need to to know what you mean. My favorite gun in the game is the MK14. I get msgs every day about it. But you can see in any replay that theres no consistency in my firing, which there would be if I had a mod. People assume anyone thats any good using an MK has a modded controller because they cant possibly believe someone out there is better then them.

yeah, people thin anything that's fast must be a mod.  You can sit there and mash your trigger.  The game will recognize that and actually make you shoot slower.  You have to time your shots perfectly to acheive the rate of fire You and Myself have.

I love ppl who brag about their K/D. You can be honest as can be...Have seen ppl come in with a 3.0 K/D, 5 mins in they are gone...what happen? Dashboarded probably. Seems normally high K/D ppl only play against the suckiest ppl. If they can't get a 5.0 K/D in the match they will dashboard.

Not saying you do, and know you'll probably come back saying you don't throw out alot of instances where you don't blah blah blah. Fact is fact, majority of those...oh look at my K/D ppl are dashboarders. and commence your defending

it's not even the good players that dashboard, it's everyone.  wether it's 1 person, or a team of 6.  People dashboard to Either Save their Kd, or their W/L + Streak.  the people who Dash think that their stats actually matter, and that something glorious will happen if they keep it that high.

I love it when people who have terrible stats dashboard, it's like Whats the point? Its not like it can get much worse.

scarebearr

you wanna know what the best thing is people like you wont be on black ops 2 cause there removing aim assist from the game. and treyarch said there really going after the quickscopers and noob tubers with this title as evident by the listing of the mp details

scarebearr

also this game takes very little skill now .. outside of  learning the map all games are a race to see who has the lowest ping and or who is getting the most help from the lag compensation. ..  most of the people who have extremely high k/d/r wouldnt get of of the first round of they played in a real tournament ..

i was just at mlg columbus and i talked to alot of the players and there w/l record and k/d/r is not really that high but they are just good players . its amazing what happens to this game when u remove the internet from the situation. you truly find the good players.

I doubt they'll take it out.  They will probably make an option to turn it off, which I did in Black Ops.  they can't take it out, because unlike PC, we don't have the control and percision needed for a lot of people to not have it.

On PC, it's keyboard/mouse, you have so much more control than you do on your respectable gamepad.   Hence why PC will always trump any console, but I don't want to go into a console war.

Anyways, like I said, they'll probably add an option to turn it off.  if they went back to the old W@W/CoD4 type QSing, we would all be fine with that.  As for noobtubes, they are far and few in Mw3, and in the Original Black Ops.