16 Replies Latest reply: Mar 31, 2012 9:36 AM by atiredoldguy RSS

Lets talk about the PP90M1

redx165

So in the last couple days I've been noticing people using it more. Sure they lose out in long range but they win in short range. But when i get killed by a PP90M1 my screen doesn't even go red, it just kills me. So I decided to try it on for a while and came to tell you that if you use that gun, YOU WILL ALWAYS WIN A GUN FIGHT. This gun may become the next OP gun. These are the classes i always see.

PP90M1 Extended Mag and range

PP90M1 Extended Mag and Rapid Fire

PP90M1 Extended Mag and Silencer

PP90M1 Rapid Fire and Silencer

~THE NOOB KILLER

• Re: Lets talk about the PP90M1
    SULLY130EighT

I only use it on Dome and Bootleg. But I also get the same results with the UMP silenced with rapid fire, and the P90 silenced with rapid fire. I dont use rapid fire on the PP90M1. But I do use extended mags. And I stopped using it with a supressor, unless I'm bored with other gamemodes and decide to play FFA.

I find that the PP90 has the best hip fire capabilities. I prefer the Mp7, I ads alot and find the mp7 meets my needs. I don't think the pp90 is unstoppable but, just nerve wrecking sometimes.

When you bring the Super Soaker to the gun show, chances are, you'll win ( barring lag )

I love this gun,i didnt prestige until i gave all the guns a try out and i felt this gun suited me down to a tee.

Rarerly use it now but have a class set up with it as a go to class or if i just feel like going on a rampage.

My class is

PP90M1

Range

Silencer

Scavenger

Quick Draw

Steady Aim

It does lack a lot in long range but up close its devastating,added with steady aim a lot of my CQK i dont even need to ADS,also as its so mobile you can move from one target to the next very quickly.Im not a fan of the rapid fire on it,it fires at a decent rate without adding to it and anything other than up close can be tricky to keep on target.

I also think scavenger is a must with this gun,as you can go through quite a lot of ammo in a short space of time.

Its not however overpowered,just exactly how an smg should be,in large open maps this gun would be nowhere near as effective but at the moment with all the maps pretty similar to size it fits in just nicely.

dougiefaedos wrote:

Its not however overpowered,just exactly how an smg should be,in large open maps this gun would be nowhere near as effective but at the moment with all the maps pretty similar to size it fits in just nicely.

Maybe in overall size alone (Dome is still smaller than most), however, the amount of clutter there is, the way they're designed and everything, it just caters SO hugely to CQC that SMGs are pretty much the dominate weapon seen. Even maps like Bakaara, Liberation, Fallen, and such, you can still do extremely well with SMGs because there's actually very few "open" areas that AREN'T cluttered with obstacles that get in the way of longer range weapons that give cover to those SMG users and let them move around until they're up close.

This is why you rarely ever see "true" sniping in MW3. Even Bakaara and Fallen, I tend to only see maybe 1-2 people actually sniping (not QSing). Otherwise, it's just run and gun with SMGs and ARs most of the time like any other map.

ghamorra

The recoil with the PP90 is non existant if you ask me. It's nothing more than a mere wobble.

It's just strong enough to make it inferior for some medium and long range combat. But with Kick and a Silencer it sprays well enough that an unsuspecting enemy can be taken out at decent ranges

What makes this gun so effective (FMG9s as well) is the firing rate. It's so high that spraying will send a wall of bullets in a moderately concentrated area so you practically guaranteed a kill in most combat situations

Special_Op

Its the only gun that gives you a chance against the shotgun and considering you dont get the MP7 till later in your rankings its the most popular

pp90m1 is very powerful but outmatched by the mp7 in almost all aspects.

rlbl

I like the gun...

Sorry, but the comment "next OP gun" is a silly thing to say. That implies every gun is over powered - just take a number.  Can't a gun just be good without being overpowered?

Short Range/QCQ - awesome

Medium Range - very good, but you may lose to some ARs and other SMGs

Long Range - not very good, ARs will own you

Across the Map - useless

All SMGs are easy to use in CQ.  Too easy, I'd rather have SMGs be more effective at mid- long range than insta kill CQ.  They need to balance things more.

o.OAmadousO.o

saying the pp90m1 is OP is silly. yes it has a good fire rate, yes it has a decent hit fire spread, yes the recoil isnt that high. but the reloads are crap, useless at long ranges with its 6 shot kill,  the mag size isnt exceptional, when compared to SMG's like the p90 and the mp7. for me the pp90m1 plays like a true smg, great at close range, crap at long ranges.

now i use the shotguns alot, just unlocked damage on the spas-12, and i feel i dont have a chance against a pp90m1, its almost an instakill.

the gun is just good, but isnt overpowered in my eyes.

ghamorra

SMGs are already good in med-long range combat as it stands. They're designed for CQC so your argument is completely retarded

Snipingdbag

PP90 RF is the best smg cqb and from the hip. P90 RF & silencer best all-round & MP7 easiest to use and best on AR range.

It's good short-mid range... past that it takes a while to kill, if it does. The MP7 is mid-long and the other smg's generally beat it in close, and this folks is why i don't believe either gun is OP.

atiredoldguy

I dont like calling anything op. But I do think its an awesome weapon.

I think the strongest point about it though is that it hipfires better than ads. So if you eliminate ads time, you always have an advantage.

Funny thing is, adsing with it just makes it laike any other ar, nothing overly impressive. Its just hipfiring it reminds me of qsers. Doesnt really matter where its pointed, someone dies.