17 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2012 8:56 AM by brsox RSS

My opinion on Quick Scoping.

It is pretty simple, 99.9 percent of them don't play the objective. There are a few here and there that do. It is so easy now, it isn't even cool like it was in MW2. You would run into a quick scoper here and there in that game and say he is a raging bad @ss. Now I see full teams of them in Domination and think these guys are boners that are def gonna lose. But they don't care because they aren't playing to win.

Go play team death match.

FMG akimbo gives them ultimate short range ability, quick scoping gives them pretty good mid range capability, and hard scoping gives them ultimate long range ability. The bullet damge is correct.

• Re: My opinion on Quick Scoping.

I meant they shouldn't change the bullet damage while sniping. They got that right in this COD. One shot fom a .50 cal should kill you to the stomach, but I know you can't raise that 30 pound barret to your eye that fast.

Why do you care so much? BTW 95% of teammates don't play the objective anyway's. No matter what gun they are using.

Agreed. Go to TDM unless you're going to cap/play the objective.

theatriks

...It was cool in MW2?

JBurn244

Agreed as well, go into the Regular TDM lobbies with the rest of the scrubs, because that's what you are. TDM is a cesspool of horrible players that exploit everything that people hate about the game.

And it always irks me to see morons running sniper rifles on maps like Arkaden, Dome or Hardhat in Domination. Are you serious?

No, not really but it didn't erk me as bad in MW2. I love on dome when they spend 5 minutes trying to get to the dome cat walk to snipe and my entire teams calls them out and they get killed in like 0.25 seconds..... IDIOT!!!

You guys are always funny on my post. Never any flaming. THANKS!!!

CODNoob12

Word UP. I am already annoyed whenever I am even on a sniping-friendly map like BB or Liberation and I have more than 1 or 2 dudes on my team for Domination. Unless they are friggin wizards with that thing, it's pretty much a loss. Now when they do it on a map like Arkaden, Hardhat (everyone picks either the corner near C or the hill overlooking A), Piazza, or even Mission, it is infuriating.

Simple solution is to not have quickdraw affect snipers, or any other perk that allows someone to bring a sniper to their face lightning fast. IW should take some notes about BF3 and what it does to prevent quickscoping, or implement what Black Ops did to hinder quickscoping abilities. I hate quickscopers, especially the ones that are REALLY good.

Even without quickdraw, we will still quick scope, look at CoD4, it had the BEST quick scoping in a cod title in my opinion.

Quickscoping isnt how fast the scope comes up, but how fast you shoot while IN scope.

CODNoob12

Interesting tidbit but an important one. Look, to be honest, I'm not in love with QSers most of the time if only because I can't stand when they are on my team and doing little else but either not playing the objective or in TDM going 4-20 just hoping for highlight kills. However, I will say that those I have encountered who are legit good at it do so with a level of skill. I know QS haters will disagree with that assessment, but it's an honest observation from re-watching matches in theatre mode.

I hate losing CQB to QSers.  It just should never happen.  Outside of that range... whatever.  Most of the tools I see doing this can't maintain a good K/D even though they are playing in objective games where they know someone will be rushing to.  On the other hand... I play with a few guys who are DEVASTATING QSers because we play as a team... we attack/lock down the objective, and then they go out and clear out rushers.  That's playing defense.  Some of my homeys are 3+ KD going QS when we run Drop Zone.  And then other people whine and they break out the gun du jour (Striker to annoy, 1887 for style points, akimbo pistols, whatever) and beast with those.  Becasue they are truly great players (under 500 in the world in score) so they can rock just about anything... and they play on good teams.  I'm not in their league.  But I do enjoy playing (and WINNING) with them.

muffscm

its a game its gonna be played how ever the user wants an can play it get over your selves. everyone just ******* and crys on here and in game. ******* boo hoo grow some balls and just find a way to shoot the ******, instead of complaing on a website thats not gonna do anything for you

CowboySr

Oh good, cause there never will be enough of these.

brsox

So you think people who "quickscope" don't play the objective? That is laughable. Most snipers I see in domination are defending a flag from a good vantage point. I would say that 90% of the people who don't play the objective are using machine guns and assault rifles camping and headglitching to get their killstreaks. Anyone running around with a sniper rifle is most likely a better than average player and they would do much better if they were using an ACR or MP7.

Let me get this straight... You want snipers to run n gun and cap flags AND you want to get rid of the ability to quickscope? This sounds like you just want easy kills on people who are practically unarmed.

I thought people disliked quickscoping because it killed them up close but it sounds like you dont want them to pull out a secondary weapon either. Again, it seems that you just want these people to lay down and die if they are close to you.