18 Replies Latest reply: Apr 4, 2012 10:05 AM by Brick2urFace RSS

AA-12 FIX IT PETITION

*Sigh*........the aa-12.......you have ruined it Infinity Ward. I know you want to balance the shotguns, but all you have done is make the aa-12 horrible and the striker the absolute best. Not to say I do enjoy playing with the aa-12, but it needs a buff. This may sound biased, but aa-12 should be at least as good as the other shotguns, if not the best. In real life, the aa-12 is THE most devastating shotgun in the world. It should be a bit overpowered. Watch this video and please consider giving it some love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ebtj1jR7c                        DISCUSS

• Re: AA-12 FIX IT PETITION

Infinty Ward doesn't know **** about guns IMO did you know that the Type 95 is one of the worst guns ever invented? That's 100% true look it up or ask your history teacher if your still in school. Also the MP5 is an amazing gun but in MW3 its sucks ASS. Last but not least the M16A4 is one of the worst guns in MW3 but in real life it is one of the best guns ever made. So I agree to sign this petition because I like you have used the AA-12 before and I know that it doesn't deserve the low damage it deals it deserves stronger damage for each pellet or more pellets in general and also they should raise the amount of ammo you start with because Scavenger is needed or else this gun is rendered useless.

signed:BillyBobJoe19

Yes, I agree the AA-12 could use a few tweaks but Infinity Ward said they won't be buffing anymore shotguns, so there is no point in this thread.

yovlud

I have no problem with the AA12.  Oh...and don't say "in real life" when referring to a video game..."In real life", you don't respawn...you can't run around with a 60 pound gun like you have a pistol in your hand...you just suck with it.  I can't snipe, so I don't, you can't use a shotgun...so don't.

JetEye

I disagree.  If you're going to call a shotgun AA-12, then it should mirror the real AA-12.  Just because it's a video game doesn't mean you can go changing all the properties.

trialstardragon

Actually yes it does. That is what creative lisence is about. They can make any gun is this game they want and not have it be anyting like the real gun ever and they have every right to do so since they make the game.

JetEye

So when you play a racing game do you expect a Ferrari to handle like a Ford Focus?  No you don't, you of course would expect it to handle like a Ferrari. 

If you are going to put a name brand item in a game and if you don't create a reasonable facsimile, then you're misrepresenting the item. 

trialstardragon

That is where you are making the assumption that it has to relate to the real world version. In video games nothing does since they are not real. So yes they can create anything in any game that has a real world counterpart and make it do what ever they feel is right for the game regardless if people like you like it or not. They do not ever have to accurately represent anything in a video game as it would be in the real world, and no it is not misrepresentation, because it is just a video game and not real life. Real world rules do not apply to video games and never will.

That is what creative lisence is, the fact that they have anything in the game and do not have to have it be the same as what it would be in the real world. there is no rules against it anywhere. So weather you like it or not does not really matter.

Because the developers will chose what they see is fit for what ever blancing reasons they choose even if you do not agree with them about how or why they do it. they do not have to make it be like the real world version just to make players like you happy.

JetEye

OH wow??? REALLY? I DIDN'T KNOW THAT!!!  Thanks for clearing that up!

/sarcasm

Of course I realize that they CAN do whatever they want.  But just because one CAN doesn't mean one SHOULD.  If they don't want to accurately represent the weapons they should really use creative license and make up their own weapons that don't exist in the real world.

trialstardragon

Why when it is easier to just steal models from real world weapons and than adjust them to fit within the scope of the game.

The maps are too small in this game for any shotgun to work as they would in real life. they would be too powerful and screamed at as OP weapons if they even came close to the same level of performance as a real world shotgun can. So it is not ever going to happen for balance issues.

Dont like it? Well you dont have to play the game.

Why should they not do so? There is no reason why they should not. Other than the fact that shotgun uers get the short end of the stick in the series and always have and always will.

Your biggest problem is the fact that just beacuse they look like the real ones they should work the same. That would completely unbalance the game if all the weapons in this game worked the same as their real life counterparts.

the .50 cal snipers would kill you in one shot regardless of where they shot you. the lmgs would kill you just as quick or quicker than most ar or smgs can. the nades would kill you form 10 feet away or further, the rpg would kill at 20 feet distance because of concussion damage alone.

This game was not meant to be a realistic simulation, where everything in the game worked the same as it does in real life. This is not a sim game, it is a fps arcade style shooter.

JetEye

Dude, just stop trolling.  It's clear from this thread and every other thread that you post in that you're just a troll who works for the company. I know you work for the company and all and you want to defend the honor of your creation.  I'm allowed to have an opinion just like everyone else here. 

We are here to discuss MW3, are we not?  The whole point of the forum is to have a discussion about what we like about the game and what we do not like, what we would change if we could, etc.  The point of the forum is not for you to counter everyone's opinion and deem them invalid.

trialstardragon

No, I do not work for IW or activision if I did there would be harsher rules about what I could say or not because of legal reasons.

Point made is that regardless if you like how they work now or not they do not have to make it the way you want any time soon or ever. Plus they have stated allready they will not be buffing any of the shotguns in this game anytime soon if ever.

I swear its like you tell them what the issue is and you put it under their nose and they just look the other way. I also agree that the striker is way too powerful and way too accurate for a shotgun. Same with the Type 95. That gun is garbage in real life. Add rapid fire to it and you've got an m16 on steroids. Its really sad that IW even considers itself a serious game developer.

r0sstitute

Have you ever played a FPS where there hasn't been an overpowered gun? You cannot possibly say 'Its really sad that IW even considers itself a serious game developer.' when MW3 isn't really all that bad at all. I agree that the AA-12 needs a buff, but if IW have said they're not going to do anymore to the shotguns then it's time to deal with it and move on.

If the same guns were the best in every title the series would be garbage lol. Half of people already don't touch 70% of the guns and have all of their loadouts based on ACR/MP7/Striker/MSR

dont know about you OP, but i pwn with this gun. its awesome, especially with silencer on it

Brick2urFace

I have a thread up for shot gun balance in general  I think you guys might want to check it out.  Here is the link.

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200407720