1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 63 Replies Latest reply: Apr 8, 2012 3:19 PM by The_Coroner Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: I wish I had a job

Well I make a bit less as an assistant now but I am learning and will be getting a raise soon. I believe the other guys in my company make about 15 bucks an hour. That is a guess so give or take a few bucks.

Best part is getting tips and doing side jobs for cash money. Just last week I did my first side job fixing replacing a copper T on outside of house where the water shut off valve is and cahnged it to PVC. Made some cash and earned an 18 pack of budlight (split it with the other guy I work with) within an hour of short work. The time was mostly taken up by watching glue dry.

• 21. Re: I wish I had a job

I heard that some could even make $20+ per hour, but I don't know anything about your company.  I found out I will be working the forklift, so I am pretty excited to be forklift certified. 

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd511/DjRcCola/U-JELLY.jpg

• 22. Re: I wish I had a job

machine650 wrote:

Well I make a bit less as an assistant now but I am learning and will be getting a raise soon. I believe the other guys in my company make about 15 bucks an hour. That is a guess so give or take a few bucks.

Best part is getting tips and doing side jobs for cash money. Just last week I did my first side job fixing replacing a copper T on outside of house where the water shut off valve is and cahnged it to PVC. Made some cash and earned an 18 pack of budlight (split it with the other guy I work with) within an hour of short work. The time was mostly taken up by watching glue dry.

Really, I'd though it would be more than that given the way people have talked about it my whole life.   Definitely not for me if I want to have the same lifestyle after University.

• 23. Re: I wish I had a job
    jwaller123

They got ME for about $1,000 for the two times they came out. Lol. The second guy only had him and i think one other guy. So pay for gas and what not and there you go.

• 24. Re: I wish I had a job

jwaller123 wrote:

They got ME for about $1,000 for the two times they came out. Lol. The second guy only had him and i think one other guy. So pay for gas and what not and there you go.

Material, time, drive out to your house, work being done all plays a factor in writing up your ticket. This is only my second week so I'm still learning a lot. I could be off with the ammount per hour too, like I said it was a guess.

• 25. Re: I wish I had a job

whenindoubtc4 wrote:

I heard that some could even make $20+ per hour, but I don't know anything about your company.  I found out I will be working the forklift, so I am pretty excited to be forklift certified. 

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd511/DjRcCola/U-JELLY.jpg

I'm certified to operate sissor lifts and fork lifts. I have badges to get on the two local Military bases here, the port, and full access/top security to a pretty big airport.

You were saying?

• 26. Re: I wish I had a job

No offense, but that sounds like the BS you would hear at a car dealer, charging for the most unreasonable things, such as a records fee(not your company but you know what I mean). 

• 27. Re: I wish I had a job
    jwaller123

These were for powerflushing of the pipes. 600 for the first time and 350 for the second time two years later. The second time they filled up their machine with MY water evern. Lol. Should have asked for a discount. But yea, all that stuff plays a part. It's usually the labor costs that get ya though. At least in my experience.

• 28. Re: I wish I had a job
    jwaller123

It's actually pretty true. Especially if you are self employed. You can set your rates and charge them for whatever you want. If the customer is willing to pay for it then that is on the customer. I always call around and go with the lowest bidder due to the high cost of some things these days.

• 29. Re: I wish I had a job

Well played sir, I am a bit jelly now.

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next