10 Replies Latest reply: Apr 5, 2012 9:29 AM by smokesdope RSS

Why Bother?

Is there really any point in reporting boosters, hackers and cheaters? I've reported a few recently to Bancandy, even providing pretty damning video evidence for each instance, being as I detest people who feel the need to cheat. However nothing is ever done. Where is the deterent for folk not to cheat when all that happens is someone like me wastes their time in reporting a cheat, and wasting time rendering clips to Elite and Youtube, only for diddley squat to come of it?

Well I for one give up. Let the cheaters and hackers have their way. Let them boost all they like because there is no point in complaining about it. If I encounter them now I will just leave them be, because if Activison, IW or SH can't muster any give a crap between them then I shall not either.

Rant over.

• Re: Why Bother?
    theatriks

Just report them in-game and move along. There's no need to set out to make sure people get what they deserve.

You're not the only one that goes out of their way to report people. They get thousands upon thousands of reports every day. Don't get salty because they don't spend their time waiting around until you send something.

StubbornLeech07x

theatriks wrote:

You're not the only one that goes out of their way to report people. They get thousands upon thousands of reports every day. Don't get salty because they don't spend their time waiting around until you send something.

It amazes me how impatient people are with wanting to see people banned. Yes, in a perfect world the cheaters would be banned immediately but we are not in a perfect world.  BanCandy has to look through thousands and thousands of reports, some of with are frivolous and just people reporting others because they think they are a cheat because they get beat by them.  It takes time to investigate and confirm that the person they are going to ban truly deserves it.  Like theatriks said, just report and move on, in due time they will get what is coming to them.

Anyone caught doing any form of cheating should be banned for life or shot.

They are just sad b@stards who ruin the game for all us non-cheaters, so hurry up IW and pull your finger out you useless pieces of ****!

CowboySr

OOOOOOOOOOOOOh the drama

I understand why people think I'm being "salty" or impatient, but I'm talking about people I have caught bang to rights months ago. Yet I've seen a few examples of where people have been dealt with within days, sometimes even hours.

I think the in game reporting mechanism is equally as useless and as such I will no longer do either.

Please don't mistake my frustration as impatience, I am simply washing my hands of trying to stop people cheating.

zingaa

Who cares, just move on!

CowboySr

All Im asking for the people that make this identical thread sometimes with the exact same title is to broaden your thinking spectrum. IW does not have hundreds of employees. As far as anyone knows BanCandy is the only one in charge of reviewing these cheaters. Think for a minute that she has other things in her job description to do besides this. Think about how many people watched Youtube and found out how to use tac insets and use the token glitch. She must have thousands and thousands of these in a line waiting. once and awhile someone she knows asks her to expedite one and they brag how it got done. Think about how many PMs she gets from people that are frustrated that someone they caught cheating is still playing...thousands of PMs Im sure.

Now amidst all this the vault hack happens an people are losing their stats. These little boosters are not the priority anymore. Moved to back burner. When its all settled they will get their due.

This is what Ive said before. They will all get whats coming to them. Think of it this way-every extra day it takes Candy to get to your cheater is another day hes put into the gam that will be reset to 0.  In fact I have a couple people Im saving because their level was too low to make them really upset if they got reset. I will submit when they get to the 8-9th prestige or later.  This makes me happy. Oh, and I tell them that too. Imagine the gut feeling that overcomes you when you know everything youre doing will be worth nothing at some point.

ctrl-s

I applaud anyone who continues to report and do the right thing. Understandably, one can't expect action very quickly due to backlog issues. However if more than one person reports, it may flag the offending user more so. Could move them up in the que? I think what the guys are saying here is fair - we all know it takes time, and best 'quality of life' move is to not worry about what others have coming to them. Just know that you did your part. Cheers

I understand, even agree with everything you just said. I can imagine how many hits Bancandy gets with cheaters and hackers and so forth.

However let me give you an example. I caught 2 guys cheating in FFA. I followed them to their next game, which was KC, where they cheated again from opposite teams. In the end I had 4 clips from different games where these 2 cheated. I duly reported them with video evidence. This was about January.

Then some fool came on here, name of My Avenger, particular dumb ass you may remember him, saying he had done the token glitch. He was dealt with within days, yet the 2 guys I caught in January remain unscathed. They even send me messages now and then to point his out after I suggested their actions would lead to a ban.