1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 82 Replies Latest reply: Sep 27, 2012 4:03 PM by smokesdope Go to original post RSS
  • 40. Re: Just ordered my Scuf controller
    maccabi

angrymeerkat and i both bought razor onzas. mine was working fine, he had loads of problems with the rubber comming off the sticks and sent it back with me saying well mines working fine.. few days later the left stick click button died much to my annoyance and i too sent it back (amazon then pulled them for sale as they had loads of complaints)

for the guy who had the rumble packs removed.. scuf charge £3.50 to remove them, all they do is unscrew the case (which they have to do to mod it anyways and pull too tiny plugs out it takes 2 secs max)

in regards to trigger stops.. this does make a slight difference as cod games dont use the entire range of the triggers its a very simple 2 min job to make your own..

load up the game goto a private match and slowly press the trigger about half way thru a full depress you'll see the gun either fire or aim depending on the trigger, (the triggers run off potentiometers not an on/off switch) once you find this spot get a pen mark a little dot about a milimeter above where the trigger and shell are aligned and put in a screw.

the only problem with this is everytime you press the trigger you make a litttle dent in the shell (you'll see this on used scufs)

@ the op i wasnt intending to mock you imo scufs are more hype over substance in regards to what they charge

as for yt "bigjobbies" harping on about them.. scuf send them to them for free to review these guys are vultures course they going to say great things they get free stuff.

ironically actually considering a small sideline in modded controllers as theres money to be made.. and already registered the name maccatroller and have a system where the controller plays the trolol song <-- and im not joking on either point here as anyone who follows me on twitter will attest too

if like the op the money versus time issue isnt a problem go for it but get the bog standard scuf a bright yellow controller or one for with a fancy paint job is not worth the extra money imo, as for raxor onzas.. i would never suggest anyone buy one until they fix all the issues.. the triggers on them as well are bloody unconfortable as they stick out alot further than a normal xbox controller

• 41. Re: Just ordered my Scuf controller
    ctrl-s

True indeed, one can totally make their own scuf controller given some time. For me, an our of my time easily covers the cost, and lately been super effing busy. But if you want to save a quick 40 bucks off the top of a scuf mod, buy your own official xbox controller and send it to be modded.

@mac - whats your twitter?

• 42. Re: Just ordered my Scuf controller

Hey Mac, no offense taken at all and I do appreciate your thoughts.  I also thought the paint job was pointless but to each his own.. someone out there thinks it looks cool and has no problem shelling out the extra coin.  That's the magic of captialisim!

I also have avoided the onzas based on your feedback so thank you very much for that.  My X31s just burnt out and I'm probably going to buy a new headset that costs $160... so I guess that I'm chasing a better game by buying expensive shiny baubles... hmm... reminds me of my golf game...

• 43. Re: Just ordered my Scuf controller
    maccabi

PeteyLew wrote:

Hey Mac, no offense taken at all and I do appreciate your thoughts.  I also thought the paint job was pointless but to each his own.. someone out there thinks it looks cool and has no problem shelling out the extra coin.  That's the magic of captialisim!

I also have avoided the onzas based on your feedback so thank you very much for that.  My X31s just burnt out and I'm probably going to buy a new headset that costs $160... so I guess that I'm chasing a better game by buying expensive shiny baubles... hmm... reminds me of my golf game...

cooilio i know sometimes i come over a bit strong

talking of overpriced stuff..ona  related note to headphones.. my turtle beaches developed a buzzing sound and always on in chat problem, after abit of research discovered most likjely cause was the chat lead..

offical replacement chat lead from turlte beach £11.99

generic turtle beach chat lead sold on a popular auction site under title of replacement turtle beach chat lead £6.99

generic no brand 2.5mm to 2.5 mm jack lead off ebay 99p inc postage off same auction site

end result 99p later my turle beaches work again

protip for anyone thinking of modding up their controller dont buy a chrome effect shell.. i did and now spend hours driving my self mad as it shows up every single greasy finger print and mark.

im just waiting for a custom grip for it and ill post a few piccies i have already cleared this with the powers that wield the ban hammer and will at some point making a new elagaphant type thread based on optimising the controller  with a few simple tweaks, just need to find the time to sort it

• 44. Re: Just ordered my Scuf controller

Just love it when someone uses the term "modded" as something that's not "original"

Makes me giggle...

Let's point something out shall we?

Ever used one of those covers for the controller that slide over it like a glove? Not original

Ever used a Control Freek? Not original

Ever changed a color button on your controller? Not original

Unless it changes the playing field, modding is not a negative term.

Let's keep that into perspective folks. My "mod" only made it where I don't have to squeeze the trigger as far, it didn't increase the fire rate, I still have to pull the trigger and release before I can fire another round.

All things are relative, unless you are related to Wiggy, then you are just Awesome Sauce.

• 45. Re: Just ordered my Scuf controller

Agekill, technically, you are partially right, as modded usually means modified, but modifications arent always cheating, such as if you only modify the textures of a game and not the aspects, like minecraft(I know, stupid reference) its not cheating, but it is technically modding. This controller enhances gameplay, but it completely legal and is not cheating, only modding(modifying) in a legitimate way.

• 46. Re: Just ordered my Scuf controller

I find it pretty pathetic that people have to go to the level of purchasing special controllers and expensive headsets to make them decent at a game. All the use of the rapid fire controllers just sickens me. I use a normal, Microsoft corded controller and the $20 headset that came with my xbox and sport a 1.80 K/D overall and a 2.1* for the month of September, playing mostly search and destroy, which is sound whoring hell.

• 47. Re: Just ordered my Scuf controller

blah blah blah... all your BS excuses for trying to justify what is essentially a hack.

You have a joypad that does something that a "regular" off the shelf joypad was not designed to do.

Justify it all you like, you are trying to gain an advantage over people who are not equally equipped.

Either you like to cheat, or you're crap at the game because I dont need one of these and I dont have any problems owning the crap out of people.

• 48. Re: Just ordered my Scuf controller
    Ungrateful_Dead

You are crap at the game because; blah, blah, blah...

-you aren't as good as me at FPS

-your fast twitch response isn't as good as me

-your eyesight isn't as good as me

-your Internet isn't as good as mine

-you don't use guns requiring skill like I do

Now that we have listed all the usual BS bragging disguised as thread comments, we can return to the original thread...

I got a PS3 scuf because I am a cheating, no-skill, drop shotting hacker, and I wanted to be able to add panic knifing to my repertoire.  The PS3 version doesn't have the trigger stops/domed sticks, but it seems to be a fairly durable MODIFICATION of the standard Sony Playstation controller.  It is tactical layout with a bottom button for jump and another for melee.  You can be critical of the price if you want, but you would have to outsource to Asia to get them cheaper.

I can honestly say it has done sweet-figure-all for my KDR.  I sometimes do some sweet jump shots now, but I am still not as fast with the knife as the guys with their thumb on the stick. 

My recommendation: stick with a stock controller and put the saved money into a better headset - that will help you KDR a lot more.

• 49. Re: Just ordered my Scuf controller
    slayer0fg0d

so you just want something to play the game for you whats the point of  playing.. wow you got no skill at all to use a modded controler. it aims for you shoots for you  drops prone you should whip your butt with it.

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next