10 Replies Latest reply: Apr 12, 2012 12:24 PM by GeneralXnl RSS

MW3 PC MultiPlayer FoV Changer

I just want to know about this FoV Changer because it really helps with headaches etc. and the file that I downloaded has stopped working. Does anyone else experience this problem or is it just me?

• Re: MW3 PC MultiPlayer FoV Changer

cheater play normal

And a FOV charger does what ,,,well when Vac picks it up and bans you, we will see you back in the forum "I've been banned for no reason"????

there is lot of perks in the game without downloading stuff??????????

Hootymadman wrote:

And a FOV charger does what ,,,well when Vac picks it up and bans you, we will see you back in the forum "I've been banned for no reason"????

there is lot of perks in the game without downloading stuff??????????

I hope you enjoy playing MULTI-player alone wooty:

Because no one else will be playing this game on PC if they keep catering to compliant cry babies; as they have been.

If you want a console experience; I suggest buying a console.

But as for the majority of PC gamer we've had it up to here with all these restriction! (and your beloved bells and whistles do not intrigue us)

We couldn't care less about you ranks and stats; If it means we are restricted to invisible barrier, and fixed controls.

I want to see EVERYTHING that will fit on my monitor (the one I PAID $300 for) I want to be able to use my keyboard to it'd fullest extent (why can't I lean? and why must I share my sentex button with my claymores? ect...)

I want to be able to clime on, or jump to EVERY visible surface.

If I had wanted to be restricted; I would have bought a console!

Oh and to answer you question: It does just what the name implies; FIXES the FIELD OF VIEW. so you're not looking at a squished picture.

Thank for the update, I agree with you on the lack of key features that should have been left alone, and yes to a better field of view, 80 instead of the 50, and the fact you can only jump on and off very little, and as for the lean that should not have been removed, as I am sick of chucking a flash, when I hit the Q.  have thay taken those features out because it is a direct port over from the xbox or something?? and they dont have lean...

Arcflare

Ive never heard of someone being banned because of using an FoV changer. All it does it fix your FoV (Field oF View) so you can see more correctly. its not a hack in anyway. Its more for people who have to sit close to their pc monitors and cant see the entire monitor without adjusting their head or eyes for every motion. Its no different then editting the config files for better graphics really.

I heard it was one of those things you could not change on the PC version, and if he did the file size would change, and you can get a ban for a file size change?

I know what it does now Arcflare, ask a few of our clan ... and they say you should still be one of those things you should be able to change for yourself and not be locked off or have to get 3rd party sortware to make the game work correctly.

CrapDuster

I agree it's not a hack but it isn't in the game so not everyone can change it and have the same advantage of a larger FOV, This makes the people using it have an unfair advantage over people who don't (they can see more on their screen where i can't). If i can't see you from a certain angle you shouldn't be able to see me either. It's an unfair advantage to have a larger FOV than the next player, Follow the rules & play the game stock (like they meant it to be played) I think anyone changing FOV settings should be banned. If they (the devs) decide to unlock it then fine, but for now the guys who don't want to follow the rules & play the same game i am with (60-FOV) should be banned.

wierd worlds are these

CrapDuster wrote:

I agree it's not a hack but it isn't in the game so not everyone can change it and have the same advantage of a larger FOV, This makes the people using it have an unfair advantage over people who don't (they can see more on their screen where i can't). If i can't see you from a certain angle you shouldn't be able to see me either. It's an unfair advantage to have a larger FOV than the next player, Follow the rules & play the game stock (like they meant it to be played) I think anyone changing FOV settings should be banned. If they (the devs) decide to unlock it then fine, but for now the guys who don't want to follow the rules & play the same game i am with (60-FOV) should be banned.

By that logic then even if the dev's put it in the game, and you choose not to change the FOV but someone else does then they should also be banned because, they have changed a setting within the game giving them a advantage over you, because you chose not to do the same thing.

It is a difficult thing because yes the FOV changer does help certain people with legit problems such as headaches and sickness etc, but it does give them an advantage over other players.

I tried the fov changer and didn't like it because it just didn't look right, I did change the fov all the time in Cod 4 dependant on the map etc but on this and Black Op's I couldn't touch it because it always, made it almost unplayable for me.

To me if someone uses the FOV changer then that is there choice I will not complain about it as it's something that I could use if I wanted to but I just don't want to or need to.

The fov changer is in a different category to the likes of a wall hack and aimbot etc, in that they give you a 100% guarented advantage over other players, whereas the FOV changer probably gives you a 5% to 10% advantage over other players.

You are, I'm sorry to say so, WRONG. A lot! Because the Dev's have made this option available to EVERYONE. You see, some people play on a widescreen. Therefore, his resolution is 1920x1080 (or a different size, not relevant though). That means that it has a 16:9 ratio.

Ohter people play on screens that have 4:3 dimensions. So, if we say that a monitor is 20 cm high, than people with a 4:3 ratio will have a width of (4:3)*20 = 26,67 cm.

However, a persom with a widescreen wil have a width of (16:9)*20 = 35,56 cm

In short: a person with a widescreen has 10cm more FoV in width. And thus, he is able to see someone on the right side of his screen, whilst that person might not see him.

In the options of MW3, you will find a setting that asks for your resolution. So you are allowed to change it and basically, you are thus allowed to change your FoV. SO: is FoV schanger a hack? Well, I guess not, cuz in that case, we would all be hackers at the moment we start our game.