18 Replies Latest reply: May 12, 2012 4:09 AM by Bumblebore RSS

May Content Drop

Okay when I went to May in the content drop there was 2 classifides, a map and a mission. But now they are just maps. WTF What up with that?

• Re: May Content Drop

Yeah you think they would have a plan that is set.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

There goes my hopes that the classified items would be a gun and a 9-Bang.

402_u_nerd

I agree with brasch! I only want maps!  Now I feel a lil better about spending the 50 bucks! I mean 12 maps only wasn't worth it but according to the calendar currently up it's 15 maps now! There's a few classifieds and hopefully they turn out to be maps!

Finally they're doing something right adding more maps! Replace the missions with even more!

I like to play the new map one of them is called oasis. Looks good.

zumbach1ck

I hate how the elite game styles are all grouped, i dont like S&D but always end up in the game when i try to play HC or KC.

I like the mixture of maps and missions etc. We'll get all the maps we were promised so anything else is a bonus for me.

i want a night stage

BAMOZZY

It seems that they are NOT listening to their community!!!!

How can 'Face Off' be described as 'team' based play?? At best it is co-op!! Face Off should be in the co-op playlist as it is 2 friends co-operating against 2 other friends co-operating!! NOT teams!! Assuming of course they are NOT boosting although these are perfect for boosters. Want Sit Rep Pro for example? - lets go to 'Face Off' and BOOST - Need Titles/Emblems/challenges etc? - lets go to 'Face Off' and BOOST

The community wanted some smaller maps for that intense, fast paced manic action that smaller maps provide with lots of players. That's why Shipment, Rust, Nuketown and Dome are so popular and these 4 'Face Off' Maps would have been perfect to recreate that experience - With the possible exception of 'Getaway' all of these maps are bigger than Rust too although Getaway may be of a similar size. It is such a shame because these Maps look very good and I would love to play these in a 4v4, 6v6, FFA or even Gun Game mode!

I play in a 'Team' most nights of 3-4 minimum but we CANNOT play these maps together!!

The majority of CoD gamers play CoD for the Multi-player. Most of my friends have NOT even looked at the last lot of co-op missions and now we are getting 2 more as well? We are only getting 3 (yes three) full MP maps that we can all play together!! For the Majority of CoD gamers this is the MOST disappointing Collection EVER. The Community WANT MP Maps and DLC FOR THE MP - Not Co-op (although the Maps in co-op Survival are OK) and certainly NOT 'Face Off' (boosting) Maps! How can I recommend this to my friends when we cannot all play together!

starbuckfrack

BAMOZZY wrote:

It seems that they are NOT listening to their community!!!!

How can 'Face Off' be described as 'team' based play?? At best it is co-op!! Face Off should be in the co-op playlist as it is 2 friends co-operating against 2 other friends co-operating!! NOT teams!! Assuming of course they are NOT boosting although these are perfect for boosters. Want Sit Rep Pro for example? - lets go to 'Face Off' and BOOST - Need Titles/Emblems/challenges etc? - lets go to 'Face Off' and BOOST

The community wanted some smaller maps for that intense, fast paced manic action that smaller maps provide with lots of players. That's why Shipment, Rust, Nuketown and Dome are so popular and these 4 'Face Off' Maps would have been perfect to recreate that experience - With the possible exception of 'Getaway' all of these maps are bigger than Rust too although Getaway may be of a similar size. It is such a shame because these Maps look very good and I would love to play these in a 4v4, 6v6, FFA or even Gun Game mode!

I play in a 'Team' most nights of 3-4 minimum but we CANNOT play these maps together!!

The majority of CoD gamers play CoD for the Multi-player. Most of my friends have NOT even looked at the last lot of co-op missions and now we are getting 2 more as well? We are only getting 3 (yes three) full MP maps that we can all play together!! For the Majority of CoD gamers this is the MOST disappointing Collection EVER. The Community WANT MP Maps and DLC FOR THE MP - Not Co-op (although the Maps in co-op Survival are OK) and certainly NOT 'Face Off' (boosting) Maps! How can I recommend this to my friends when we cannot all play together!

Not good to dredge up an old post.

When you got two players on one side and two players on the other side that is called two TEAMS.

But its not that IW did not listen , its because you either assumed or didnt read what you are getting.

as for the "boosting" part . There is no confirmation one way or another that the stats and XP will even count. These are called "game modes" just like Gun Game was a game mode that didnt actually count.

You have to also consider that no one has said you cant play them in Private Matches either. You are making complaints based on your assumption of what minimum is posted..

Now as for the Regular Mulitplayer type of maps. This month you are only getting ONE MP type map.

You got promised a total of 12 maps with your 20 peices. So far you got 6. This month you get 1. Next 4 months you get 5. That totals 12.

You got two free maps and two items that were marked "classified" which turned out to be game modes. these were not classified to be regular multiplayer maps.

so the community will be getting 5 more maps over the next 4 months of what they DID promise. and that total will be TWELVE MP maps that you can play together. You were not promised in any shape or form what Getaway and Lookout were because they were marked Classified.

Heres the list of the 12 maps that you were promised

1 Liberation

2 Piazza

3 Overwatch

4 Black Box

5 Sanctuary

6 Foundation

So far that is 6 maps you got for regular multiplayer play

Now you will be getting

7 Oasis

8 Announced in June

9 Announced in July

10 Announced in July

11 Announced in August

12 Announced in September.

Count them. Thats all 12. And you notice those dont count the free ones OR the Face Off maps.

---------------------------------------

You cant blame Activision for your assumptions. Just like the OP said you were promised ONE Map, 2 Classifieds, and a Mission. even though the took the mission from last month and moved it to this month you were only promised ONE map this month and you got ONE map.

The two classifieds were not promised as anything and then you got two freebies as well.