16 Replies Latest reply: Apr 12, 2012 2:11 AM by dxu_infamous RSS

I need an answer from a developer.

Ever since i first started playing mw3 ive had the issue of just instantly dying in one shot. I have a 25mb up & 30mb down connection and my ports open and always have a open nat type. It just puzzels me why this happens, i have to put 3 to 5 shots into a person if not more to kill them but im instantly dead in 1 shot. I've even tried running the ballistic vest and i still die in one shot. I've done everything to eliminate the possibility of lag as far to go as having my service provider send someone out to my house to test all the conections and the found nothing wrong. This is the only game i have this issue with. I just need an answer from someone who knows the mechanics of the game, I do like the game despite some balancing issues but this instantly dying nonsense makes the game very unenjoyable.

• Re: I need an answer from a developer.

It's not you or your connection.

MW3 has serious lag-related technical issues affecting many customers.

Read (& watch) more about it here.

josh1073

I would like to see some of this footage of you dying with 1 shot from full health by an assault,submachine gun. I personally think you are exaggerating by saying you die with one shot as we all do from time to time.

He's not exaggerating. Almost every time I die, it's instantly. No matter what gun it is, whether it's the Skorpion, or the Type-95.

It's no exaggeration and it happens to me quite often.  From my viewpoint I have no time to react and am literally dead after the first perceived hit.  From the viewpoint of the other person they hit me 4-5 times as I stood there looking like a n00b. 

I have seriously considered getting a capture card for no other reason than to make videos of the absurd deaths that I encounter.  All too often I will put 2-3 bursts from the Type-95 into someone, only to be turned on and killed with one bullet from his MP7. 

josh1073

its ok saying but proof? you do know you are not meant to have time to react to getting shot this is not halo if ur getting shot you die. you are not ment to get shot and have time to turn and return fire.

Why get a capture card when you have theatre mode? cod is far from perfect but a fair part is exaggeration and people not accepting deaths.

It seems that you are just a troll, operator-1 posted a link to a video showing it & I told about the link and you're still saying you need proff when it's presented to you.

josh1073

Get your information correct before you start calling people a troll, if you read what i put it says could YOU post a clip not link me to another post.

I know its difficult to understand but when i say YOU (key part) i mean a clip YOU recorded and YOU uploaded not a post by another user and a video he ripped off another user.

Like you said you get killed with one shot i want you to upload a clip of you dying 1 shot full health.

will be waiting for an apology regarding the troll comment.

vileself

Im a victim of this too and its called Lag Compensation (as the video in the link explains).

I've also seen it when people are on the giving end of this too.. I watched a guy get 2 consecutive MOABS the other day in TDM and he was running around owning everyone like it was nothing. In the first game I was playing against him and he was incredibly difficult to kill yet he was owning me badly. I felt like I was experiencing slight lag mainly when I was close to him. In the second game I was on his team and I was doing exceptionally better. I was lunge knifing people and quickscoping with ease. The lag now seemed to be in my favour. Needless to say he got another MOAB in that game too.

I watched in theatre mode later and he was a tyrant. Never stopped moving the entire time. Covered the entire map. Owned everyone who walked in his path. His clan tag was [2-EZ] which leads me to believe that he has this kind of advantage all the time.

There are people on the forum who claim they have absolutely no lag whatsoever and these guys have 2.0+ KDRs with every gun in the game. Then there are guys like me who have crap ass KDRs like 1.6 (which is my lowest of any CoD to date).

If Im getting better as a player shouldnt my KDRs from game to game be getting better? Up until Black Ops they were, but with MW3 my KDR is crap because Im the victim of lag compensation in every single match I play.

Even in matches where Im doing amazing something always happens that changes and I end up doing very crappy for a while. There is a thread going right now called God Mode to Crap Mode that is all about what I just said and its all related to Lag Compensation.

I guarantee that if some of those people with 2+ KD's played on my connection on a daily basis they would be a 1.x KD player.  In fact...  Just the other night the CoD Gods smiled on me and swapped my connection with a 3.0 KD buddy of mine and I went 36-8 while he went 23-19.  He immediately wanted to switch lobbies because his advantage was gone for ONE GAME. 

I can handle getting beaten by a better player.  When I clearly out think, out maneuver, and out play the other person only to get killed because my bullets don't register....  I RAGE. 

vileself

How do I start off a match at 25-0 and then finish 37-27? Its like the game was letting me win and then all of a sudden it says "no no no, you must pay now" suddenly Im finding myself using running around like a maniac because Im Juiced but I keep dying. I get a few more kills here and there but my KDR shoots from a 25.0 to a 1.4 ...just like that. My weapon didnt change. My play style didnt change. My enemies didnt change. How can I go 25-0 with such ease and then struggle for the rest of the match?

JBurn244

People don't *actually* die in one shot, from their screen it feels like an insta-kill/one shot kill. But if you actually watch kill cams, you can see the enemy sprayed you down.