11 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2012 4:47 PM by grif77775 RSS

Mw3 weapons.

iiray117ii

Do you guys think the M-16A4  is underpowered?  If you think about it the Type-95 is still better after the patch and is still overpowred I have never seen a gold M16 but I have seen alot of gold Type 95s.

• Re: Mw3 weapons.

I think that for people who like burst fire weapons the Type 95 severely outclasses the M16 in everyway. They should nerf the type 95 to at least 50 damage per bullet if not 49 and raise the fire rate of the M16

M16 is definetly underpowered and under used. Not much people use it because its not great. However i think the type 95 is fine even though it is very strong. I dont want what happened in black ops where treyarch underpowered nearly all the guns because of the constant weapon nerfing. Anyway i agree with you, the m16 needs more fire rate or a bit more damage.

gallp13

M16 takes lots of ability to do well and is favored by players who enjoy a challenge. It's good to have a gun like this in the pack as it maintains interest for some players. Most will call games with mw3 M16 features UP. Gold M16 are rare and a mark of skill in my book.

T95 is a fun and easy gun with which to do well. It is  therefore very popular with large user base. I used it when I started playing mw3 because it gave me a chance against superior players.

Now I love the the MK14 is lots of fun and I can even do OK in CQC if too slow to drop to my MP9. Have used the MK14 exclusively for my current prestige...a little person challenge to keep my interest levels up.....;). Oh and it loverly and shiny and golden....ummmm.

Next prestige I will use the M16 exclusively for a bit of a challenge. KD will probably take a hit but as I prefer to play objectives in DOM high or low Kd is not that important to me. I will have me a shiny golden m16 if I prove to be good enough and persistent.

Just some random thoughts...

The M16 isnt as bad as it seems.  It is the 2nd AR I got gold, and ive found that its beastly at range.  The type 95 is currently my lowest ranked gun, since i find the T-95 much more interesting to use.  I think if you just put rapid fire and an RDS on it and use it for a bit you should warm up to it, ive found it to be much better than it first seems.  A couple days ago I even managed a 30-3 FFA with the M16 and I would argue that it is not underpowered

iiray117ii

nice job bro do you recomend any attachments for it?

yovlud

On my gold M16, I like red dot and rapid fire...Scavenger, Assassin, and Marksman...stay crouched or prone, and stay away from close range battles.

iiray117ii

but camping ruins the game try using the shotgun attatchment insted of rapid fire. The M16-A4 has a awsome fire rate already. It also gives you a good chacne at close range

The M16s fire rate is the same as the m4 but in bursts, making it pretty slow compared to the T-95.  I like rapid fire on it which helps at close range and allows you to hit more of the burst on moving targets, usually without a sight since it messes with the all gold paint .  I usually use SOH, Quickdraw, and Steady aim on all my classes, and that seems to work pretty well with the M16.

yovlud

Whatever...I will camp when I want to...you can try to run and gun with the M16, but you won't get far.

grif77775

if you keep all your engagments at mid to long range the m16 is great. and because it has that lower rate of fire it's easier to control. the problem is so many maps lend themselves to fast pace cqc, it's hard to keep your distance. The best way I find to use it, is to treat like a battle rifle, support your team from behind as they advance but be ready to pick up the rear