3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 11, 2012 2:00 AM by smileyofchaos RSS

Connection Limiter?

smileyofchaos

Betting IW doesn't even consider this, but could someone please put some kind of connection limiter on MW3? On the first two games, my connection (5-10MB/s) was more than enough for me to keep up with other players, and even after asking the people I killed they say it was legitimate. But on MW3, my connection just doesn't seem to be enough. The vast majority of players seem to open fire the split second they turn a corner, yet when I watch the killcam they actually had a full second or two between seeing and shooting me. Naturally this makes the game, along with the Elite service I paid for, useless as I do not want to play. My speed is more than enough to keep away any sort of lag, so why is the mulitplayer set up like this? Where a higher connection speed can make a beginner completely wreck me; someone who's been playing CoD for over 5 years?

• Re: Connection Limiter?
    payneinc85

It's not about speed really. It's about ping. And  about people shooting and killing you the moment they turn a corner before you have time to react has been around since atleast Cod 4. It didnt just start all of a sudden.

payneinc85 wrote:

It's not about speed really. It's about ping. And  about people shooting and killing you the moment they turn a corner before you have time to react has been around since atleast Cod 4. It didnt just start all of a sudden.

Actually it is, ping is speed.  The numbers the OP mentioned are BANDWIDTH.

As for the OP, you can have a 100MB connection and still experience lag.  Connection quality to the host is all that matters, and your bandwidth numbers do not affect that one bit.  No connection in the world exists to "keep away any sort of lag" in online gaming.  It's online gaming, everyone who is playing is experiencing lag, to SOME degree.  Many factors such as distance to host, will determine just how much lag you experience.

smileyofchaos

Ah but in the other games I very rarely would experience such cheap deaths, maybe 1 in 500 were caused by this.Yet in MW3 over half my deaths are from cheap kills.

@Call of Weezy:

They must have drastically changed their server locations and/or a few other things. As I said above in the previous Modern Warfares I did not get killed like this very much. Black Ops sucked and had a bit more problems than them, but nowhere near the extent of MW3. In all four games I have 4 bars. In MW1/2 and Blops I am the host 90% of the time, 1/2 the time in MW3! Just wondering how in the hell this is happening when I'm the host in the majority of CoD matches I play, as I thought the host is the one who usually has the best connection.