10 Replies Latest reply: Apr 11, 2012 12:45 PM by LordWarMachine RSS

is hip-firing too accurate

with steady aim i think it is mostly with a Sub-Machine Gun

• Re: is hip-firing too accurate
    gigitygigity

Yes

Snipingdbag

All the tier 3 perks are pretty awesome though. So it's not like you're given up nothing.

It's too accurate on the FMG's (a single one has crazy recoil, how is going akimbo more controlled??) and it's too accurate on the T95 as well as the RSSAS and barret 50., there is no way in holly hell you should be able to spam fire the barrett that well, even from the hip.

whytie84

Depends.

I hip fire at close quarters with an AR (without steady aim) quite comfortably.

I find steady aim only helps when u r hip firing from a distance or solely wanting to hip fire (say running riot with the pm-9).

Only thing i find is 90% of the time hip firing works too well. Then there's the 10% of the time when I expect to down someone 10 feet away and it's like I'm shooting into thin air.

wridtrvlr

Yes it works well, too well...ehh I wouldn't go that far.  I can think of several times I've hip fired from 5-10 feet away thinking I would easily kill the guy only to have all of my rounds miss and then I get panic knifed.  If you are off even just the slightest you will miss and then end up on the receiving end of a death. 

MK14 and Type 95 should miss a lot more with Steady Aim. I keep getting killed by people that use these and simply hipfire. Two bullets connect and you're out. My friend has done this until he realized he was annoying everyone on the other team so he stopped.

GonzaloJS wrote:

MK14 and Type 95 should miss a lot more with Steady Aim. I keep getting killed by people that use these and simply hipfire. Two bullets connect and you're out. My friend has done this until he realized he was annoying everyone on the other team so he stopped.

I don't think I'd ever stop doing something that was so effective it made the other team complain about how effective it was.

ghamorra

Even without Steady Aim hip firing is way too accurate. Just watching someone run around the map with the FMG9s hip firing killing people 30-50 meters out makes me sick. Where's the skill?

I take pride in being highly effecient with my weapons, and having high accuracy. But Steady Aim on SMGs takes all the skill out of this game when it comes to accuracy

Here's how it should work; no crosshairs, Steady Aim gives you crosshairs

yeah i dont think hip firing in real life would be anywhere near as accurrate as it is in this game ..