45 Replies Latest reply: Apr 12, 2012 9:15 PM by Gerbera_Kai RSS

Portable Radar

Reduce the portable radar's range, two of 'em can cover almost every map's hotspot and act as constant UAV and I'm honestly a bit tired of the Assassin overuse, and the fact that I have to change my classes constantly to the ones with assassin because people are right behind you all of the sudden when they haven't called one UAV. I think reducing the range to something similar to the Scrambler's would do, or perhaps make it scan slower. Now don't get me wrong, I use portable radars myself but they do seem a little OP, you can almost have 4 killstreaks (UAV plus your usual three).

  • Re: Portable Radar

    Oh...Oh...another overpowered thread

    • Re: Portable Radar

      And another useless reply.

      • Re: Portable Radar

        Well what do you want, you and other have wanted nearly everything on this game changed because they're overpowered...surely everything can't be overpowered can it.

         

         

         

        And you said in another thread yourself (talking about your hate for the type 95), 'anyway i get killed three times by this and i post about it. Thats how it works'

        • Re: Portable Radar

          Just a suggestion, open for discussion. If you don't have anything to add to this, or explain me why I'm wrong then I suggest you refrain from posting. I'm not crazy about this changed, just providing a simple fix to the almost mandatory assassin perk.

          • Re: Portable Radar
            TheBeastlyDude

            GonzaloJS, you added nothing and Scott got you for "I get killed three times by this and I post about it".

             

            You just want to come on this board and complain when something kills you. You don't just use portable radars, you have them set up on 5 out of 8 classes. You are a great example of a hypocrit. Looking at your classes, you use almost EVERY cheap tactic that you complain about. You complain about how cheap hipfire is in other post but you got 2 classes set up for quick scoping. You complain about the Type 95 and you even said you unlocked it with a prestige token.

            • Re: Portable Radar

              You did some research. I suppose for the effort, I could award you a reply: I dragscope, I don't think hipfiring is cheap, only with single shot weapons. I don't no scope with any sniper rifle so there's actually no problem in that.  I've said I wanted to have a discussion on the Portable Radar. I said I used it myself, I said I didn't care if they didn't change it but I thought it'd be fair if they did. About the Type 95, I used my first token on it and its my very first 1st person shooter game ever. I thought instakills were fun, until I got better and somehow managed to understand how annoying it was getting OHK by an AR. I think I covered it up, do some reading before posting next time.

    • Re: Portable Radar
      danielbondnz

      Scott240991 wrote:

       

      Oh...Oh...another overpowered thread

      Some one who's whole game play relies on the over powereness of the Portable radar ^^

  • Re: Portable Radar

    Won't care that much if they don't 'fix' it, but I think its the fair thing. Taking a look at everyone posting about the Assassin Perk overuse. The other perks seem good too, and some people want to use them but feel forced to use assassin because there's way too many items or killstreaks to be able to see that red dot of death. The radar, there's both support and assault UAV and they are the lowest kill/pointstreaks, Advanced UAV. And more than one person on the other team may be using a radar.

  • Re: Portable Radar
    zvers

    I do see your point but like with any problem in MW3, it can be overcome (even without assassin). It's unlocked so high and I think people will use tokens on perks and guns more often than the portable radar. I play on PS3 so I don't know the trends on other systems.

  • Re: Portable Radar

    If you see and understand my point, there should be no reason for you to post against it. Assassin is not over powered itself. It has a fair effect, the thing is there's way too many things that will make you visible. Portable radar, you just have to throw it on that one building or area people tend to find each other. This makes people use assassin because of course, you don't want to die as soon as you walk into someone's range. So I think the range should be reduced.

    • Re: Portable Radar

      Everything that would make you visible has some sort of limitation at least, whether it be life span, ease of destructability, range, time, etc. Assassin does not when it comes to its counters and is always "on".That's one reason why people have such a problem with it.

  • Re: Portable Radar

    They aren't OP at all. I myself only see maybe 2 used at most (including myself) and covering hotspots is their purpose. Only organized teams that choose to do so will have mass Portable Radar usage.

     

    When I use it, I usually either drop it in an area where there's usually traffic OR a flanking position and forget about it, or use it offensively and toss it into buildings, by corners, etc to see if there's any non-Assassin campers.

     

    They're just fine the way they are. Otherwise, use Sitrep and spot them easily, get rid of them, and go back the other way if you're worried there's a camper there.

  • Re: Portable Radar

    I use Assasain on every class so I don't deal with portable radars...

  • Re: Portable Radar

    Okay to prevent some comments, this thread is about the area that the Portable Radar covers. Its too big and perhaps should be reduced. This is what the thread is about.

  • Re: Portable Radar

    No... I think it's just fine.  I think all the weapons and all the perks are just fine, everyone can get them so it's all good.  Find the ones that work for you and off you go and have some fun

     

    Now if you want to discuss the real issues that the game has rather than the usual pap, then that's a different story.

     

    Take it easy

  • Re: Portable Radar

    GonzaloJS wrote:

     

    Reduce the portable radar's range, two of 'em can cover almost every map's hotspot and act as constant UAV and I'm honestly a bit tired of the Assassin overuse, and the fact that I have to change my classes constantly to the ones with assassin because people are right behind you all of the sudden when they haven't called one UAV. I think reducing the range to something similar to the Scrambler's would do, or perhaps make it scan slower. Now don't get me wrong, I use portable radars myself but they do seem a little OP, you can almost have 4 killstreaks (UAV plus your usual three).

    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA  WAAAAAAA  WAAAAAAAAAAAA just play the dam game and stop crying about what people use. I don't care what weapon, perk, death streak, or play style. i'm going to do my best to find and kill them.

    • Re: Portable Radar
      thehunan

      ok now i have seen a new term "dragscope" what the hell is that. another almost QS move. or is that a trickscope or hardscope but dont hold the breath. ??

      • Re: Portable Radar

        You don't scope directly into the guy (that's commonly mistaken for a no-scope on the killcam), you scope near him and shoot him. Quickscoping is shooting as soon as the crosshairs appear. Anyway, this is off topic.

  • Re: Portable Radar

    Well you can't blame people for using Assassin. It's a pretty decent perk. I use it and I did use a prestige token on it to avoid UAV issues as well as a Portable Radar.

  • Re: Portable Radar
    r8edtripx

    GonzaloJS wrote:

     

    Reduce the portable radar's range, two of 'em can cover almost every map's hotspot and act as constant UAV and I'm honestly a bit tired of the Assassin overuse, and the fact that I have to change my classes constantly to the ones with assassin because people are right behind you all of the sudden when they haven't called one UAV. I think reducing the range to something similar to the Scrambler's would do, or perhaps make it scan slower. Now don't get me wrong, I use portable radars myself but they do seem a little OP, you can almost have 4 killstreaks (UAV plus your usual three).

    I don't think the percentage of people using Assassin would drop drastically if you reduced the portable radar range.

     

    If Assassin didn't counter the portable radar, then it would be OP. Since so many people use Assassin, because of all the other good things it does, I don't think the portable radar is OP with its current range.

  • Re: Portable Radar
    MCCOMINATOR

    portable radar is fine

     

    get rid of assasin and all deathsreaks that kill, especially dead man's hand. 

    typ95 is great, but not even the best ar.  the m16 needs a buff on the cereal.  it sucks hard.  3 bursts per kill?  for real? 

  • Re: Portable Radar
    FirePanzer

    Use Sit Rep and destroy portable Radar = Problem solved

  • Re: Portable Radar

    loool we might aswell just run around with knives

    • Re: Portable Radar

      The knife is way OP...massive range and too much damage...

       

      That's a joke by the way ... before someone jumps all over me

       

      Take it easy

      • Re: Portable Radar

        you joke but its true i have seen final kills where someone threw a knive and it hit the dudes boot and killed him .. weak sauce .. anyone else been expericing bad lag lately .. its funny cause i never had it until the last 3 weeks after all these 'updates" and now games are lagy as **** to where i dont even want to play .. how do i change my nat ..

  • Re: Portable Radar
    wridtrvlr

    Play HC = problem solved.  They are practically useless without a UAV up in that mode. 

    • Re: Portable Radar
      r8edtripx

      wridtrvlr wrote:

       

      Play HC = problem solved.  They are practically useless without a UAV up in that mode. 

      HC = Camper's Paradise

      • Re: Portable Radar

        r8edtripx wrote:

         

        wridtrvlr wrote:

         

        Play HC = problem solved.  They are practically useless without a UAV up in that mode. 

        HC = Camper's Paradise

        HC= no spray and pray players

        • Re: Portable Radar
          r8edtripx

          pazuzu16 wrote:

           

          r8edtripx wrote:

           

          wridtrvlr wrote:

           

          Play HC = problem solved.  They are practically useless without a UAV up in that mode. 

          HC = Camper's Paradise

          HC= no spray and pray players

          HC = CAMPER'S PARADISE!!!

           

          That should be enough to render anything else moot.

  • Re: Portable Radar

    It's funny, I used my second prestige token to unlock the portable radar, and haven't used it since. At the time I was playing a lot of FFA and it seemed like it might come in handy, but I just got so used to running with flashbangs and concussion grenades and never took the time to equip and use it often enough to get used to it. Mostly I would just curse when I wanted to throw a flashbang into a room before walking in, only to drop a portable radar and get shot in the face.

  • Re: Portable Radar
    wikked75

    i actually think using recon and flash grenades are more useful than the portable radar. but i could do without the portable radar, anyways. like you said, once you figure out they are using the portable radar, you can just switch to an assassin class.

  • Re: Portable Radar

    ok maybe the range is a bit big but it does replace ur flashes which come in handy.

  • Re: Portable Radar

    I personally love this bad boy, if I ever prestige again I will definitely be using a token on it. It does come with a downside, being that I find myself being killed by assassin users often simply because I am too busy red dot watching and not paying attention to my surroundings. I guess I use it as a crutch at times, so have considered going without it in order to improve my game and map awareness. I am a good player no doubt, but nowhere near the best and the portable radar is probably a reason why.

  • Re: Portable Radar

    I feel like Im better than anyone who uses assassin. Dont have to be invisible to get my beloved osprey gunners lol

     

    80% of my deaths may be assassin users. If there was a kill streak or piece of equipment to fully counter Id use it.(Besides the easily destroyed recon drone and recon perk but i use portable radar and trophy system myself) #teamhardlinepro

     

     

    Express Playlist next update?!!?!!?!!  trolololol

    • Re: Portable Radar

      I think there should be a way to fully counter it. Perhaps a 6-8 killstreak or something considering 9 is reaper or AH-6 and 7 is Helicopter. And yeah, I can get osprey gunners (infact I never got one with Assassin Pro), using hardline is how I got most high killstreaks. Portable radar can be used for an edge when starting any type of match, you just throw it near some place where people will usually walk around on and its a fairly good UAV when you need it. I think a reduced range might be a bit more fair, I'm not against it as I've said, I use it myself but when I do, if its not me, my team is racking up really easy kills and it must get annoying (I know I would if I was on the other team).

    • Re: Portable Radar

      I still say at least Marksman should be able to counter it by showing their names and get red crosshairs and such. After all, that's what a marksman is for; being able to spot things others would miss barring total invisibility, which the Assassin is not, thankfully.