36 Replies Latest reply: Jul 14, 2012 2:34 PM by digitalvillain RSS

Petition M16 - BUFF

Im really dissapointed about this weapon, it really needs a buff on Damage & Speed (It almost feel like a LMG weight)

http://i39.tinypic.com/34erp14.png

JUST SIGN "AGREE"

• Re: Petition M16 - BUFF
    Rednecksniper39

When used correctly the M16 is good. Just becasue you can not run and gun with it likes it the MP7 does not mean it needs a buff.

Its speed is the same as the other assault rifles so I don't feel like that needs to change.  But yes the m16 is terrible.  The type 95 out classes it in every important aspect. 

I think the way to buff it is to not directly increase its power but to decrease its recoil to below the type 95's and then give it a 1.3 damage multiplier to the stomach and chest.  That means that for accurate players the m16 would get a power similar to the type 95 but it will have a slower rate of fire but also a longer range for a 2 bullet kill.  This keeps it respectable.  m16 vs t 95 would be accuracy vs power.

Sorry for posting the ideas but if you want to get people behind a buff its good to have something to pitch them.

AGREE

yovlud

For the thousandth time...all it needs is an increase in ROF...take the ROF from the 95 and put it on the M16...leave damage/recoil/sway the same.

Even if you swap the m16 and type 95's fire rate the type 95 will still have a significant advantage in time to kill and recoil.  That and you need to take into account that it is far easier to land 2 bullets out of 3 than to land all 3.

atiredoldguy

The m16 is an awesome weapon and needs no buff.

Right now the type 95 leads at close range and the m16 leads at long.

Buff the m16 and it would be better than the type 95 and with all the complaints about the 95 being op why would one want to make another burst weapon thats better.

I havent used the m16 in a while, I've been working on getting all gold primaries, so once I got the m16 gold I put it aside and moved to the next, and for a long time before i switched I was using it silenced. But last night I picked up a weapon off a dead guy not even paying attention to what it was.

The frist enemy I encountered I thought I was dead when i pulled the trigger and suddenly realized I had a burst weapon in my hands, and not prepared to do anything but hold down the trigger ............ but the guy dropped dead. Three or four more times in a row I 1 bursted enemies at medium to long range. It made me remember just what an awesome weapon it was to use.

As far as the part about being more likely to hit with 2 shots compared to 3 ........ I dont think that counts here because the m16 seems more likely to land all three shots at medium to long range than the 95 is to land 2.   I dont know how many times I got hitmarker after hitmarker with the type 95 without a kill ........... that just doesnt happen with the m16.

The recoil plots for the m16 and type 95 are incredibly similar which means that their long range accuracy will be extremely similar as well.  Considering both the type 95 and the m16 have to fire two bursts to kill at long range the one bullet advantage that the m16 has does not compete with the rate of fire the type 95 puts out.  The type 95 still out shoots the m16 at range.

atiredoldguy

I've never quite figured out what to do with those recoil plot things ....... do I hit the enemy over the head with them? All I know is how the weapons work when I play the game. .. lol

I've been using weapon stats for years myself , and I can tell you they are nice for getting a rough iea of what a weapon does, but its never been 100% accurate.

In mw2 I used the m21 ebr .......... 70 damage all ranges, 50 silenced, yet I got my perfectionist challeneg once with it on one enemy without him dying ....... 10 shots from a silenced ebr .... one enemy, no death.  that would be 500 damage that the guy took.

I'm just going by use in game over hundreds of kills, but if you dont believe me, you can test it easily yourself. Go to a private match, split screen and try each one as you increase the distance between you and yourself in increments.. The 2 weapons equal out at about 75 feet, then after about 150 feet the m16 beats it every time.

Do you know how rare it is to find yourself at those ranges in mw3?  That only happens on a select few maps.  That coupled with the fact that there are far better weapons at range than the m16.  Snipers and lmgs all fill the long range roll better than the m16.  The fact of the matter is that it underperforms compared to the rest of mw3 assault rifles.  The m16 is usually one of peoples worst performing wepaons.  Your tests only prove that the type 95 is more usefull in 90% of gunfights in mw3.

True that, the M16 should be = MK14

atiredoldguy

If 90% of your gunfights are less than 150 feet, maybe you should step outdoors.

People have complained about the maps being smalll since the game came out, yet I find sniping and getting longshots quite frequently on about half the maps.

Sniping has always been my favorite tactic in cod, and I consider myself quite good at it.......... and I'm not talking about qsing. From my experience the best "sniper" rifles in mw3  are the barrett, the rsass, the mk14 and the m16.

Sure, I can kill someone at a distance just about as easily with other ars, but the issue that comes into play is ammo count. With any of the full auto ars I can get 4 or 5 kills with the stock ammo. With the 4 I meantioned I can easily get a 7 or 8 ks without searching for a weapon to pick up.

At the same long distances it usually works like this.

Silenced barrett .......... 1 or 2 shots to kill

Silenced rsass ............. average 3 shots to kill but anywhere from 2 to 5

Silenced mk 14 ............ 1 to 3 shots to kill

Silenced m16 ................ 1 to 3 bursts

Silenced type 95 ............  2 to 4 bursts

Now I'm talking about medium to long range. That might not fit your normal style, but that doesnt mean the opportunity lacks at all. If you like to stay in tighter areas ... sure the type 95 will outdo any of the above ......... but then again, , personally, I dont want a burst fire weapon for that kind of combat, I want something full auto, If its mostly fairly close range I wnt an smg for maneuverability, and for more medium range and ar for damage.

As much hype as the 95 gets, I find it one of the most useless weapons in the game aside from pistols.

I am curious about one thing ............ is your knowledge of the m16 based on playing on a different gt, or the whopping 7 kills you have with it on this one? Whats that? Half a match that you used it?

I see you like shottys and smgs ( kudos to your performance with the shottys btw) ......... and I would agree, the m16 probably wouldnt do well for you. But that doesnt measan its a problem with the weapon, only that it doesnt fit your style.

First off it is actually dificult to find a populated sightline that is 150 ft.  You can just go to the corner on one of the few open areas in mw3 maps but you will see very few people. 

Second the l86 with grip and thermal is by far the best long range weapon in mw3.  Snipers can't even compete with that thing.  That and it comes with 200 rounds easily able to kill at least 20 people with that ammount of ammo.

I am going to assume you have a relatively defensive playstyle since you included silencers all the long range weapons.  You need to know that the type 95 has basicly the same recoil and 3 bullet kill range as the m16.  So any range where the m16 would get a one burst kill the type 95 would get one as well. 

I have never used the m16 online other than just picking it up off the ground.  But when the game came out I did a bunch of private match tests to see what burst fire was better.  The type 95 was better at every range I tested.  I think we tested out to 40m.  The fact that the type 95 was so clearly dominant in those ranges, and the m16 is only marginally better at range makes the m16 a very weak alternative to the type 95.

Ide rather have it be less good than the other assault rifles. It gives me a challenge and people look at me like im some kind of god for having it gold. Its funny

i agree. this gun does need a buf some how. i got it to gold in my last prestige and it was a pain, fun. but still a pain to get it. found out that with rapid fire is a must in this gun. so using atachments proficiency is a must too, and leaves you to choose between putting red dot due to iron sight being kinda bad in the gun and sacrificing stealth. or silencer and having to use the bad iron sight

AGREE

bigjon00

ive been using the M16 last night in the domantion op and its a amazing gun ,

im better with semi-auto guns ,

i thought it did also need a buff but now its perfect the way it is if your aim is good you've got a OHK nearly all the time even better with rapid fire on with red-dot , 

my challenge is to get the title 2500 kills with it ive gotten 3 titles with that already M16 is next

No way Id want to see an m16 buff. I like it the way it is, and I dont want to see it turned into another overused type 95.

Agreed...this gun deff need that buff its not the m16 we all loved n used in mw2 n cod 4

Oh god, the M16 is fine. Just put kick on it, and you'll do fine.

It's called weapon diversification.  Not all guns are created equal.  Sure, the M16 is comparatively weak in some aspects, well....most aspects, but that's part of the challenge in getting it to gold.

something needs doing with it id have more look killing someone with it if i could use it as a club and bash someone to death

atiredoldguy

Well ther's your problem right there. If you are close enough to hit the guy with it you already screwed up.

The m16 does great at extremely close range for hip firing, and does as much damage at extremely close range as the t95 ......... at least if you are a half decent shot. They both kill with one burst regardless of whether its 2 or 3 bullets

The only range that the t95 has a big advantage over the m16 is at 38 meters. At 37 meters they both are potentially a one burst kill. At 39 meters they both require 2 bursts.

The t95 seems to perform better under that distance and the m16 better above that. Personally I think its becauise the pattern usually allows for 2 hits per burst at close range on both of them .... meaning the t95 does 110 damage compared to the m16's 90.   After the 38 meters i think the pattern of the t95 spreads bit more than the m16 ........ so the m16 is still getting 2 hits while the t95 only gets one.

I know people disagree with me on this, but I have used them both enough to know the difference and I still go with the m16 for being the better weapon overall. people look at the stats . see the t95 does 55 damage and thats all it takes. They dont even give the m16 a chance. People were complaining about the t95 beig op since way before most people even unlocked it.   Too often people judge a weapon by the stats without seeing how it actually performs in the game. ....... I'm guilty of this myself. I couldnt wait to unlock the t95 in the beginning and hated the m16. But after using both for some time My opinion completely reversed.

The buff is the Type 95. No need for the M16 to be buffed when it would just be a ridiculous Type since the accuracy is much better on it.

They should make the m16 fully auto I'm getting sick of it being burst fire

They should make the m16 fully auto I'm getting sick of it being burst fire

MaxKirgan

M16 definitely needs to be buffed. I'm fine with the damage where it is. They definitely need to reduce recoil(there should be next to none) if they do nothing else. It would also be nice if they increased the rate of fire up near to where you didn't need to run the rapid fire attachment. I'd really like to run ACOG and silencer on it and not feel like I'm handicapping myself.

LMAO, I thought this was a new post--and then I saw the name Aero Stryker.. Then I was like, "OMG HE'S BACK!!!!" But then I looked at the date. lol

Too bad it took me like 4 months before learning how to actually post on this forum..lol there was some interesting stuff back in the day lol

JaNGo

I have over 3000 kills with the M16 and personally the only buff it needs is a short range damage increase. I get more one-burst kills from long range than i do from shorter range.

AGREE

To anyone who says its fine, whatever you can do with an M16 you can do better with a type 95 and any other assault rifle.

digitalvillain

I always wondered if they increased the maximum damage of the m16 and reduce the damage of the type 95 because the type 95 can outgun the m16.