14 Replies Latest reply: Apr 12, 2012 6:29 PM by cultofpersonality RSS

My complaints about MW3

Terrible spawning.  I have literally spawned in the middle of an enemy airstrike and I was playing a class that's invisible to that stuff.  I have spawned with the enemy able to see me but I can't see them and they kill me.  Or I spawn, turn a corner and there is an enemy.  I have actually spawned in the middle of a gun fight and died in the process.  I have spawned near explosive objects exploding, killing me instantly.  I have seen this happen to other people too.

Lag is terrible.  Apparently lag compensation was forgotten or just wasn't added because apparently someone inside Activision, IW, Sledgehammer, etc. all just don't give a ****.  I just love playing a game that says I have a poor connection but when I use the same connection to play other games, they play just fine.  I just love the sorry ass Nat Type system.  Hell, the website for the Nat Type thing for IW doesn't work half the time.  Which goes to show they're morons.  I have cable internet with wifi.  Funny how THIS GAME is the ONLY GAME that has trouble with lag. 

Matchmaking is terrible.  Right, I wonder how they decided to do this... I'm putting my bets on average points per game.  Which, for some, is bragging rights.  "I may have a shitty k/d but I rock the **** out of the points per game!"  If that's the case, it would account for why dozens upon dozens of people are pissed off at the "balancing" of people in matchmaking.  Someone once said, mute all the bad players and when they you're matched up on teams, you'll see the shitty balancing system at work.

Same match after I left it.  I get this a lot.  I leave a match I want nothing to do with and the game actually puts me in the same match three times in a row.  Too bad the dumbasses who made this game never thought to add the option to opt out of certain maps or to ask you: Do you want to join this match? So you can have a choice.  Or, the game's AI figures out "User will likely quit out of this match.  Likelihood is 100%, skip this match."  If they did think to add it, they probably thought, "Well darn, this will take away from their experience by giving them less matches to choose from."  I would rather have few matches to choose from that match MY CRITERIA than be put in matches I don't want to be in.

12 million terrible players.  That's right 12 million plus people bought this game, almost 12 1/2 but I don't have an exact number. It boggles my mind what they think when they play this game they're so BAD at...  "I just love getting my ass kicked when I play a game I'll never be good at!"  I once was in a lobby for Gears of War 3 and a guy asked a bad player this question: "Do you enjoy getting your ass kicked in a video game?" because he was curious to why bad players just.... keep.... playing regardless of their skill.  That kind of concept is no different than someone playing a sport they'll never be good at while competing with other people.  My advice to terrible players is this:  There's a such thing as private matches with friends.  If you have no friends, that's your own fault.

I'm willing to bet 60 - 70% of those 12 million players are underage kids that the video game company targeted to play the game.  Oh, right... they don't do that!  Why would a video game company give a **** about morals and ethics when they could stand to make a lot of money taking advantage of dumbass parents?!  Silly me, I guess I'm not as smart as I thought I originally was.  It's not like the US Federal Trade Comission didn't prove back in September 2000 that video game companies were marketing violent video games to minors.  *rolls eyes*

Don't like what I said?  I don't care.  It's all fact and it's all true.  And no, I do not have a terrible k/d.  I do not suck at this game.  1.96 and always rising.  So any comments about my skill is proof some of you can't read, didn't read or just are that stupid to mention it even though I have already made it clear you are wrong.

Thanks for reading.

• Re: My complaints about MW3
    ShankDaddyMack

well im gonna point out the obvious...if the lag is so horrible and the game is as bad as u say then ur k/d must be a lie right? cuz how can anyones k/d be legit with the lag? make sense? GO CRY...U SOUND LIKE U NEED TO....and before u even reply take ur own advice...I DONT CARE WHAT U THINK...u cant be good at a game that has such horrible lag issues...by your own admission...HAVE A NICE DAY KIDDO :-D

I'm going to point out the obvious, your logic is flawed.  Since my k/d is as good as it is, I must be good enough to get through the lag, the bad players, etc. and still come out with a good k/d.  Now compare that to these problems fixed or less and less and what my k/d really could be...

Are you mad that you're not as good?  Sounds like that's the case since you directly devalued my character because I stated facts.

ghorman

Because the current lag system is broke...no k/d is legit.  With the current system players get disadvantages and advantages based off their internet not their skill.  The current system is broke.  When I can change gameplay with a few settings on my end to swing the advantage my direction the system is broke.  No players should be able to adjust the lag compensation in a positive way.

Man I was reading your points thinking yeah I totally agree with this guy, everything is spot on what im experiencing also....then.....I read that bit about not playing something you're never gonna be good at....wtf is that all about bro? Were you amazing at COD the first time you played? Everyone has a right to learn.

ShankDaddyMack

let me throw this out there in plain english so u understand it...either the lag comp is fine and u are a good player OR ITS AS BAD AS U SAY IT IS AND U ARE BENEFITTING FROM THE LAG COMP...u cannot have it both ways u fool...now u can explain to me and the rest of us how MY LOGIC IS THE ONE THATS FLAWED? ya cant...now go cry

ShankDaddyMack

and to address the comment about my skill level...I WILL DESTROY U...PERIOD...K/D MEANS NOTHING...UR A POOR SPORTSMAN AND NO DOUBT A CORNER CAMPING CRYBABY...GO BACK TO UR CORNER UR ON TIME OUT KID

ShankDaddyMack

and i went back and read the original post...he admits the game says he has a poor connection then says hes a good player? if u understood lag comp at all U WOULD REALIZE THAT U ARE ONE OF THE PLAYERS BENEFITTING FROM IT...THE POOR CONNECTION IS PROOF OF IT...THATS WHY UR KD IS ON THE RISE..dont break ur arm patting urself on the back cuz i guarantee that if and when they fix the lag comp UR GONNA GO BACK TO BEING TRASH CUZ THE LAG COMP WONT BE ABLE TO HELP U...now carry on thinkin ur better than everyone while u get the lag boost from lag comp...tool

Shank, I find it amazing that I mentioned I had cable internet with wifi hookup and somehow I also said "I" had a poor connection?  Interestingly enough, you happen to not read the entire paragraph for the purpose it served correctly.  If I'm experiencing lag, it seems to me the game thinks I have a poor connection, so I'm lagging bad.  I have a four bar connection.  So how can I have a poor connection again?  You read it wrong, plain and simple.  So full of yourself, you just proved your ignorance.  I have already recorded some evidence of what I'm talking about.  I have plans on making a video out of it and uploading it some time soon but I have a lot of things to do, like Final Exams, papers to write, homework...

Oh and Shank, I play all types of playstyles.  So yes, I do camp but I also run and gun.  I play what is necessary to win the game and do well.

Oh and there's no need for the caps lock text, unless I'm making you mad.  Are you mad? 

For those asking me how I started out my first time on MW3, I actually had a great match and did very well.

If I were bad at the game, I'd have the common sense to stop playing it until I either got better or decided that after practice, I probably won't improve, so I should sell it.  Not everyone will be good at something and the amazing thing is, there are MANY other things to get relieve your stress.  Trust me, if you love getting your ass kicked to relieve your stress, you probably should just go pick a fight at a local bar and get your kicks there.

No, I don't get paid to play.  If I did, I wouldn't be with randoms.  If the truth hurts that I'm making it obvious there are a ton of bad players at a game and you feel like I'm targetting you, than perhaps you should think about how important the game is to you since you paid the $60 bucks.  But than again, so did I.  The sad thing is, it's actually quite sick in the head to keep doing something you're not good at because you find it fun.  I'm not saying private matches or playing with friends is off limits because by all means.  But why should I waste $60 bucks to find out that most of the 12 million players are either bad players and/or kids who never stop playing the game, regardless of stated facts.  I'm not saying that every bad player should stop playing, I'm saying that most of them should because as I have said before, not everyone will be good at something.  I'm not going out for cheerleading even if it gets so famous everyone is doing it just to do it for fun yet suck at it.  I see no point in doing something if my skill doesn't improve.  That just means I'm not meant for this type of thing.  Not everyone can work at McDonalds but they still do and ruin customer experience.  Not everyone can play video games but they still do and ruin customer experience.  Quite amazing how that works.  Jersey Shore is prime example.  Ratings suck ass on that show but they have no plans of taking it off the air.

CODNoob12

cultofpersonality wrote:

Same match after I left it.  I get this a lot.  I leave a match I want nothing to do with and the game actually puts me in the same match three times in a row.  Too bad the dumbasses who made this game never thought to add the option to opt out of certain maps or to ask you: Do you want to join this match? So you can have a choice.  Or, the game's AI figures out "User will likely quit out of this match.  Likelihood is 100%, skip this match."  If they did think to add it, they probably thought, "Well darn, this will take away from their experience by giving them less matches to choose from."  I would rather have few matches to choose from that match MY CRITERIA than be put in matches I don't want to be in.

I actually thought the above text was pretty good, or at least I saw where you were coming from. Plus, the way it is intimated got a laugh out of me.

And I don't take offense to someone referring to "bad players." It's a video game. I play it and go on with my life, as do others. It's clear from the emotion involved in the OP that it is a game you take very, very seriously. Kudos to you, to each their own. But ShankDaddyMack was pretty spot on in one facet of the discussion: some players benefit from lag match to match while others become at a disadvantage. If you experience true lag, a skipping screen, pixel scrambles, no bars, and getting shot by others when you see them first and pump 90 rounds into them only to go down with one shot.....then I don't think you're just good at this game, I think you're a damn cyborg.

openrangeonualls

I am not very good at the game, and I play it cause I paid for the game. Not everyone who plays the game is playing cause they want a high K/D. I have a stressful job working in the Electric field, and I dont mean computers. I mean 480 volts or more, or less depending on the job, and it helps me unwind after a stressful day. MY K/D is a mere .916 and I do give a **** about things in the game and getting killed a bunch, but at the same time I play to Win. I could care less about K/D. I would like to know how good you were the first month you ever started playing the game. It takes time to learn to play, some people may pick it up very quickly some may not, but most people are playing for fun, and you sound like every other jerk in the lobby talking Shiitt to people because they are not that good. What ever happened to be curtious to people or polite for that matter. You should want bad players in the game to build up your precious K/D.

P.S. Unless you are getting paid by playing this game, ur argument is full of holes. You talk like us who are not the best at the game shouldnt play, but yet you are not a professional to begin with. You sound ignorant at best. When you get paid for playing Call of Duty then I can see your point, but if you were getting paid you wouldnt be playing a bunch of people who arent very good in the first place.

What about those players starting out? They would obviously die a lot. And how about the casual players who play only a few hours each week? do you expect them to be as good as the guy who plays everyday?

I agree with the spawning, matchmaking needs tuning and lag compensation not perfect but you cursing other players because they are not good enough makes you a dck and a pin head.

Most of your comments were funny.  I appreciate the heat because you happen to angrily disagree with my opinion on a few facts.  I tell it like it is.  It always seems hilarious how humble people really are and how most of you have proven that.