21 Replies Latest reply: Apr 14, 2012 12:13 PM by TL_Bare_B_V2 RSS

Which CoD has been the most fun for you?

xFANCY_KIWIx

Now i'm not asking your favorite but it may very well be your favorite too. I had the most fun on MW2 and it's also my favorite. I know a lot of you are going to say CoD4 but i didn't really enjoy that game to much but that's just me. So which have you had the most fun on?

• Re: Which CoD has been the most fun for you?
    zvers

Well, to be honest it all started with CoD1 but what really brought into the realm of MP was CoD2. Simple, yet very enjoyable.

vileself

I would say World at War gave me the most fun. I felt my skills grow the most while playing that game mainly because most of the guns took a respectable degree of skill to use. The semi-auto ARs, the bolt action rifles, the recoil on the guns, etc. I didnt really like the MP40 but many believe it was overpowered but other than that it was a very balanced game when it came to the weapons. I think WaW had some of the best maps too. Awesome maps for sniping and LMG usage and great maps catered towards shotgun and SMG usage as well. I felt the tanks were a nice twist to the mp aspect of CoD but they frustrated a lot of people. Regardless I think I enjoyed WaW the most because I raged at it far less than I did with other CoDs.

Korbyn

Mw2 was my favorite because of the maps and how the game played, but CoD2 and Cod4 are a close tie for second.

cod4 it was less complicated back then none of these over powered killstreaks and deathstreaks

Modern Warfare 3 is actually the most fun and favorite for me. I felt I have a great degree of freedom on what I can/choose to do within the system.

MW2 and WAW are not far from MW3, but I'd play MW3 over the others.

However cheaters ruined this great game. Lagnet wouldn't be an issue if kids wouldn't throttle their bandwidth in order to gain advantage. Imagine a 4 bar got beaten by 2 bar just because the 2 bar player limited the upload speed.

Call of Duty 4, because it was the first game that I played online.

Call of duty 4 by far

modern warfare 2

CoD4 because it wasn't made for braindead people.

Black Ops.

First CoD was CoD4 but I played that solo for the most part so eh. Black Ops, I had a party of friends and it was fun most of the time. Also, Black Ops is by far the most balanced of the recent CoDs.

opb81

As much as it pains me to say this MW3 has been the most fun for me. Here is why.

I was late to the FPS online multiplayer party. I picked cod4 mw2 and black ops at the same time it was about 6 months post release on Black ops. I only did campaign on cod4. Played about 10 games on mw2 before I was lobby hacked. I was flat out terrible in Black Ops. Just about the time I started to figure out how to play a bit better mw3 came out.

I struggled with the game for the first month or two then it started to click for me. I finally got my play to what most on this board would call average which for me is way ahead of where I was in Black ops. Add to that putting together a clan of 9 guys that play well together and it has been quite a bit more fun for me than the hacks on mw2 and the beatdowns I was taking in Black Ops

COD4 was the most fun for me.  It was my first FPS multiplayer experience.  I knew nothing about overpowered this, cheap that.  I didn't know any of the things I know now to complain about.  Ignorance was truly bliss then.  I played the game without caring about dying and had no expectactions.  It was a blast having no expectactions.  It has become less fun the better I get at the game, as I come to expect more and also know every little thing that is out of place.

btjustice

mw2 and cod 4 i loved the multiplayer of both of them. single player is wow because me and my brother did it together, now that was fun besides all the bloody granades lol.

i have never enjoyed single player, but doing the campaign with fam or friends is amazing.

lag ops was boring for me. not sure why, i think maybe it was the kill streaks.

and now mw3 is just to laggy. what ever they did in lag ops and mw3 to the connection has ruinned cod for me.

but i will always remember all the fun i had in the other cods.

adw1983

CoD4.

ALL weapon balance problems:
    M16 slightly underpowered
    G36C should have more range than M4.
    R700 slightly underpowered.

Maps were uncomplicated, some of them based on real locations, and there wasn't clutter all over all the places.

They had a sense of direction, as the enemy spawned on the opposite side of your spawn, with three main roads to take to come to you instead of 5+.
    (Yes, most maps in MW3 have 3 main roads, but they are not where enemies are.
    Enemies are where there's 5 roads each leading to a hotspot where you'll die if you go into the open, all the while you have to enter that hot-spot if you want to find the enemy.)

Some maps were unique, open and were challenging without being mazes.

Wet Work?

Bog?

Countdown?

Crash?

Ambush?

Some maps had good long range combat.

Bloc.

Pipeline
    Overgrown.

Crossfire

Broadcast?

Some maps were uncomplicated (nothing like a maze-layout; only two enterances to each hot-spot and combat is mostly on one level AND less random):
    Vacant

District
    Downpour?

Broadcast

Most importantly:
    MOST of the maps were rectangular, and had spawns on and near the ends, giving them direction.

I miss not constantly being shot by someone I killed 2 seconds ago, getting double and tripple killcamss

I miss KNOWING that there aren't enemies behind me when I spawn, and knowing that there certainly aren't enemies behind me when there's teammates behind me.

kastro187420

World at War was probably my favorite and most enjoyable game. Even above CoD4. I really liked the weapons, map design, and even kill streak set-up. War was an amazing game mode, and tanks were a nice change of pace because it encouraged teamwork.

The addition of Nazi Zombies was also great, because it provided a relaxing alternative to competitive MP that you could play with friends. IW has tried to replicate it with their Spec Ops and Wave Survival modes, but it simply hasn't caught on like Zombies did.

TL_Bare_B_V2

CoD3 has to my choice with vehicles, ranked or player and 24 player online.

WaW comes a close second with it's bolt action rifles and zombies.