27 Replies Latest reply: Apr 13, 2012 10:14 PM by infinitlag RSS

What REALLY bothers me...

jet04

Ok, so yes, Akimbo FMG9s are annoying, the striker is annoying, yes. Blah blah blah, OP, overused, whatever you call it. But it isnt really the guns that bother me. Its the players. If a guy uses the akimbo FMG9s, and then goes and says "I used the FMG9s, an OP gun, didnt work for most of the kills, and I rarely use it because I KNOW its op." then sure, I dont mind. but when someone goes and says "WOW I WENT 52-14 ON DOMINATION WITH THE AKIMBO FMG9S. IM SO UBER EPIC SAUCE" Then im annoyed.

What about you? Is it the guns that bother you, or how the players react to their false success?

• Re: What REALLY bothers me...

Both the gun and the player bother me

It's the lack of skill that bothers me.

codcanuck

Definitely the player. I hate it when someone thinkgs they're amazing because they got a MOAB with FMG9 Akimbo. If the player is aware that the gun they're using is OP maybe they'll be more modest or even switch to another gun.

padiego

Its the michael that annoys me.

WKMMS

Anyone who feels the need to boast about their "skills" is annoying by default.. but who really cares about these people?

Convict7

It's pretty much the only thing that is even more annoying than the OP weapons itself. If you're the only one who manages to end some good players high streak with lets say Type 95, then don't think you did something great.

If you go 100+ and 5 deaths in Demolition using FMG9s, only thing you can think is cool is that that one guy over there was calm enough not to use his "Recon Grenadier" class at you, oh that class is so cruel...

This doesn't make sense to me. Yeah I hate those guns too, but if a person can wonder around a map and not die very often, thats not down to the guns he's using. Thats down to the people who keep running into his line of fire. If you're a player that relies entirely on reflexes, then its you that needs to rethink your gameplay. Has anyone ever heard of tactics?

In this game, its all so fast... and when your into a gun fight ( what i have since i only use shotguns at the moment ) you will always lose against a player with fmg's... except if you time your shots righ... thats goes pretty well for me now!

like2nap03

It's the people.  Sure the option to use those guns is there, but it's the people that make the choice to be a douche and use them.  Then it's also the people who make the choice to brag. It's also people that choose to hack which is the game's biggest problem.  I don't even need youtube lessons to hack this game.  I COULD do it on my own and write my own stuff but I make the choice NOT to do it.  Because I have morals and common sense knowledge of right and wrong. 

So yeah, it's the people.  People just suck.  They also make playing this game a chore.

I get into a match today on Dome.  I go 30-0 and get my first moab. (yay me...)  Everyone leaves.  Either they think I'm hacking or they think they don't have a chance.  I start the search again.  Find a match with a known hacking clan.  So I leave right when it starts.  Search again.  Find a good lobby.  I go 37-6 on Bakaara.  Everyone leaves.  Search again.  I go 36-3 on Carbon.  Everyone leaves.  Search again.  Hackers again....and so on, and so on.  Just got done playing for 3 hours and not once did I stay in the same lobby for two matches in a row.  At least most of the time it was people leaving and I only saw hackers a few times.

Whether people use cheap weapons, cheat by hacking, or just leave because they hate losing they all just suck.

codcanuck

For cheap weapons, it's not so much the player as it is the developer who programmed the characteristics for the gun. But hacking/being a sore loser is solely because of the player (sometimes those two are linked - you hack because you really really really don't want to lose).

Unless the CoD community undergoes an attitude reprogramming we'll always be faced with these situations

nintendon't

What really bothers me is when bratty little kids get a hold of a mature rated game and spam the forums about frivolous stuff like guns when there's more important things that need to be fixed like the broken recent players list and connection/matchmaking issues. *sigh*

Wait... Isnt Jet also in DMC??

jet04

Yes I am. And mature is a personality thing Nintendon't, nopt nescessarily ones age. One may be 44, but may get drunk every night and have tawdry parties and do very immature things. I am very mature compared to a large portion of modern day society. Now, this thread wasn't even another complaint about the OP weapons. We all know they are op. Its not like I go and repeat it. I am simply expressing my opinion, which I believe is what the forums are for. Forums are for discussions, not just reporting your problems which have been reported a million times, not matter how severe they may seen to you or the community.( In other words, they forums have multiple purposes: reporting glitches, getting opinions, and etc.)

And yes, I am in DMC, but my Wii is broken and Im not sure when I can get it fixed.

nintendon't

I'm not hating on you, I'm just getting burnt out on the forums because it's devolving into nothing but ******** and moaning as well as demonizing the developers for stuff that isn't their fault like people using hacks. The Wii community has really gone down the toliet since Black Ops.....

50calmastr

Im "younger"  and I'm more mature than nearly everyone I know, Even more than some adults.

What bugs me is when a hacker sounds like a 30 year old

I need to laugh and let loose ;(I

I say probaly the gun if they are using Akimbo FMG9s mostly intstead of their primary gun then that bugs me a bit  :\