1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 82 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2014 12:08 PM by Z1GMA Go to original post RSS
  • 40. Re: Silencers OP? Next COD

Actually I think you'll find most suppressor users are some of the more skilled as they sneak around and flank enemy positions, they often have the highest accuracy ratings. Yes in the old fashioned sense it is unhonourable to sneak around and shoot someone in the back, but when they're totting an LMG I certainly wouldn't want to meet them head on.

• 41. Re: Silencers OP? Next COD
    alexjt22

Silencers are on the edge of OP whether they cross that line i really couldnt say, the fact that it reduces recoil and keeps you off the radar and only at the expense of range is wrong, which for SMGs you can get some back by using the range proficiency. As for a solution ive never heard one that doesnt make it worthless or punish run n gunners/flankers which is what your solution would do, i mean why would i get up in the enemies grill with a silencer if thats the place where im gonna be showing up on radar.

• 42. Re: Silencers OP? Next COD

The silencer attatchment does not reduce recoil. (at least in cod video games)

^^Not my video btw.

• 43. Re: Silencers OP? Next COD
    grif77775

silenecer do not reduce recoil, they reduce the muzzle flash that appears when you fire to the point of there being no flash. this give you clearer view or your targets, however you pay for this by having your affective range reduced by about 25% on most guns (shotguns lose about 20% but thats a big lost for shotguns).

sight attachment also reduce muzzle flash but not the extremes of a silencer, and these attachment do not affect a weapon range.

fair trade off: no flash but shorter range   vs   reduce flash and no range loss

• 44. Re: Silencers OP? Next COD
    that6uy420

Shadow3Assassin wrote:

Silencers. Are they overpowered? I think they are, someone slaps on a silencers to almost any SMG and it instantly becomes a better weapon. I think there needs to be a blance. I don't want to go all "it's not like real life" on you, but silencers do not make your gun as supressed as they are in the game. They actually still make quite a bit of noise. I think what they should do in the next COD is make it within a certain range, silencers put you on the mini map. This would add a new element to the game, and make it so you have to choose your shots more carefully and someone wouldn't be abe to come up behind you and kill your teammates, and you. Right now, silencers keep you the mini map completely and it almost is not even fair.

So what do you guys think? Do you think it would be good or bad addition? This is just my thought on it, but I really think its a good idea. Please, let me know what you think.

Edit: I saw in some of the comments that you should be put on the radar when using a silencer, but only within a certain distance and/or the time on the radar also would be cut in half or even 1/3 the time. I love this idea, the majority of the people do not want this, because it's not a realistic game, which is true, however, I do not think someone should be able to stay off the radar all of the time, which my main reason for making this thread. Also, I'm not ******** or whining, I just wanted to make my OPINION heard and to know what other people thought about this. Thank you have a nice day!

like all the other kiddos here.. you sir need to understand what OVERPOWERED means...  Your OPINION, as you say, is WRONG.

• 45. Re: Silencers OP? Next COD
    that6uy420

why should there be a dmg reduction?  It already reduces the range of the weapon...  silencer reduces flash and muffles the sound

• 46. Re: Silencers OP? Next COD
    CowboySr

Silencers lower the power of weapons in this game. Is this post for real?

• 47. Re: Silencers OP? Next COD
    rankismet

Shadow3Assassin wrote:

Silencers. Are they overpowered? I think they are, someone slaps on a silencers to almost any SMG and it instantly becomes a better weapon.

Jeebus... people complain about everything.

The suppressor reduces the effective range of the weapon.

Quit playing Pac-man.

• 48. Re: Silencers OP? Next COD
    grif77775

he quit pac-man because he wanted the cherry's to get buff and the ghost to be nerfed 

• 49. Re: Silencers OP? Next COD
    zvers

Try the AK with extended and silencer. It seems like the bullets never loose any power at range. Shhhhh. Secret...

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next