28 Replies Latest reply: Apr 13, 2012 9:33 AM by spankhiccup RSS

Controller is no more!!!

spankhiccup

Check out this bad boy

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81bFThe45vL._AA1500_.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81uyDxTyQAL._AA1500_.jpg

This is my new controller. It arrives tomorrow. I cant wait to test this bad boy out.

• Re: Controller is no more!!!
    thehunan

Love how right in the middle of the pic is the rapid fire button...... I think that tells it all about your bad boy controller

spankhiccup

HAHAHA i knew this would come up. Dont jump to assumptions. I have NEVER cheated, boosted, glitched or used modded controllers in my life, nor do i want too. Just because it has a rapid fire feature, doesnt mean i will or want to use it. This is just another way of playing

thehunan wrote:

Love how right in the middle of the pic is the rapid fire button...... I think that tells it all about your bad boy controller

The rapid fire is a waste of time mate, you have to press a function button + select, then rapid fire then click the button you want it active on, followed by either a single, double, or triple press depending on the speed off rapid fire you want.

Speed 1 = slow and pointless, you can do better manually.

Speed 2 = same as above

Speed 3 = single shot guns have to much recoil and in black ops it breaks the fire cap.

Using it puts you at a real disadvantage since its activation and deactivating process is so long winded coupled with unusable fire rates.. imagine this... MK14 rapid fire with max speed on the splitfish.. you run out off ammo... oh no that gun on the floor is an acr, you pick it up.. you shoot someone and die because its not firing at its max rate... or you try and deactivate it and die in the process since it takes around 3-4 seconds to remove.

were do i get it and how much. it looks sick. might make the game a bit more fun.

doesnt matter found it.. going to order it now i think. tell us how it feels tomorrow will you.

Splitfish are a bunch of crooks and their products are widely regarded as crap.  A solid 90% of the good reviews you will find about Splitfish controllers are posted by employees of the company.  They even make "review" videos to show how great their gear is (without disclosing that they WORK FOR THE COMPANY).  They are to be avoided at all costs in my opinion.

You will notice that they don't have forums any more.  That's because they were FULL of people demanding refunds and generally discussing how horrible the controllers are.  They started by making them so that you had to register to view them and then they just took them away all together. 

If you want to try a good mouse controller then check out the AIMON by Tuact.  I have been using mine since MW2 and it works like a champ...  The battery life is amazing, the movement is silky smooth, and the build quality is solid and top notch. 

http://tuact.com/

No...  I don't work for the company but I do a lot of research before I make a purchase.  I was looking into getting a Splitfish controller when I noticed something wasn't quite right.  The GOOD reviews for the product seemed to be very similar and all posted by people with one review (the one for Splitfish).  The BAD reviews seemed to be from real people who didn't have a dog in the hunt.  YouTube has videos from DD-whatever where he's trashing other products while trying to show how great the Splitfish product is.... But he never bothers to mention that he is the spokesman for the company.

The list goes on and on but the moral of the story is....  Buyer beware.  Do your homework.

thanks mate. might give it a go. something to keep game fresh.

spankhiccup

Cheers for the heads up.

I have used the spiltfish before. i though it was great, so here i am now.

pneumatic wrote:

Splitfish are a bunch of crooks and their products are widely regarded as crap.  A solid 90% of the good reviews you will find about Splitfish controllers are posted by employees of the company.  They even make "review" videos to show how great their gear is (without disclosing that they WORK FOR THE COMPANY).  They are to be avoided at all costs in my opinion.

You will notice that they don't have forums any more.  That's because they were FULL of people demanding refunds and generally discussing how horrible the controllers are.  They started by making them so that you had to register to view them and then they just took them away all together. 

If you want to try a good mouse controller then check out the AIMON by Tuact.  I have been using mine since MW2 and it works like a champ...  The battery life is amazing, the movement is silky smooth, and the build quality is solid and top notch. 

http://tuact.com/

No...  I don't work for the company but I do a lot of research before I make a purchase.  I was looking into getting a Splitfish controller when I noticed something wasn't quite right.  The GOOD reviews for the product seemed to be very similar and all posted by people with one review (the one for Splitfish).  The BAD reviews seemed to be from real people who didn't have a dog in the hunt.  YouTube has videos from DD-whatever where he's trashing other products while trying to show how great the Splitfish product is.... But he never bothers to mention that he is the spokesman for the company.

The list goes on and on but the moral of the story is....  Buyer beware.  Do your homework.

If you havent owned one then 'your opinion' doesnt stand for much mate. I still have my xbox360 version and i reciently sold the PS3 version to a clan mate, since then 2 other clan mates have bought the ps3 version and i am yet to hear any complaints.

I had the PS3 version since black ops came out and bought the xbox version when it was released a few weeks before mw3.

The product does what it says it will, its solid built and i have never had any problems with either version.

If i was to pass a negative comment it would be in relation to the xbox version.. sadly it does not support chat which wont suit most players.

I sold my ps3 splitfish and trying to sell the xbox version since i traded up for the ultimate in mouse tech on consoles... the XIM3, combined with a razor mamba 2012 and a ps nav controller it is the dogs D's! Nothing out there even comes close.

It looks really weird, lol.

Snipingdbag

Isn't this cheating?  I mean on pc they don't get sticky aim as the mouse is so accurate / precise, fast and easy to aim with by itself.

Snipingdbag wrote:

Isn't this cheating?  I mean on pc they don't get sticky aim as the mouse is so accurate / precise, fast and easy to aim with by itself.

And using the mouse on the console breaks through aim assist so it doesnt work... no using a different input device is not cheating..

Are you cheating if you use a logitech G25 steering wheel vs a player using a standard control pad on GT5 etc?

I have owned a splitfish controller.

Pneumatic is right; they're crap.

Enjoy. Money well spent.