34 Replies Latest reply: Apr 14, 2012 10:29 AM by deftonicdamian RSS

why triple cap?

grif77775

ok I know a lot of people aren't going to agree with here but I want to what goes through some people minds when there playing dom. Now I not talkin about spawn trapping here.

so you have 2 flag, that means your scoring twice as many points as the other team, you know where they're spawning so now you also know what direction they are coming from. It's now up to then to push you out off the flags if they want to win. So why go for triple cap. You already have the advanage score and postion wise but for some reason someone in your thinks triple capping is a good idea. WHY?

if they flip the spawns they're a good chance the other team will spawn behind you, thus giving them a flag. So they're not speeding the game up any. not only that they now know where we are but we don't know where they are, so now you've removed the main advanage of holding 2 flags. What you are doing by triple capping is helping the other team, so why do it?

• Re: why triple cap?
    ghorman

because they are clueless....

wadeywilson

It's because they want the extra points for the cap. They don't care about strategy, maybe that cap will get them their Stealth Bomber!

MUPHinATHONG

This is exactly what I'm saying... Players have become so accustomed to being the most badass guy at this game. Some people just like to run around and shoot people and have fun.. If you are so intense on capping 2 flags and sitting there and holding average to below average people off the 'b' flag join MLG or find another hobby. I realize that some people like to win, but others just look to video games to have fun... It isn't all about sitting in one spot to kill people and get kills.

Personally, I run around, and 3-cap every chance I get. I enjoy the chaos, and I hate camping, regardless of gametype. If you wanna watch an objective play S&D.

Rob12

What a douche. Dom IS an objective based game too you moron. You ruin the game for others who are trying to play it properly. If you have the other team spawning from the same spot, then you are more likely to get more kills. If you cap the 3rd and flip the spawns, you are likely to die more. also if you cap the 3rd you ruin it for your team mates who are likely to be happy with the 2 flags capped for the above reasons. Selfish.

scolia5044

I hate triple capping i can have a great spot between flag b and our spawn flag and then the enemy team will just pop up behind me

Why not? .lets face it alot of dom games are lopsided so why not completely dominate if you can, it creates a faster flowing game with more strafing battles. Get out of your spots in those lopsided matches and DOMINATE. That would be my answer to your question it has nothing to do with bieng clueless but more to to do with ho hum now this is getting boring there just sitting at there spawn now, to scared to move so lets kick them out of the tent and then do it all again up the other end  ..

Made no sense. The point of the game is to win, not to try and make the game harder and more random than it already is.

Makes perfect sense. The point is to win and have fun while your doing it.If fun to you means game after game of dom you play the same tactic use the same spot and doesnt like surprises regardless of the skill level of your oposistion then good for you.But for me that gets old real fast release after release and i say if you can win 200-30 by capping and holding 3 flags go for it. A bit of randomness in domination is a good thing especially when in partys. You just have to be more aware of the spawns and whats going on around you.Alot of people are to generic in how they approach dom game after game. How the game  is tactically approached or played should be decided depending on the skill level of the opposistion.

I Agree Completely.

My post from another thread:

"I've finally figured out why Domination spawns will flip for seemingly no reason. If you drop an airstrike into the enemy's spawn, or if you hammer it with killstreaks, it'll make them spawn behind you to avoid having the enemy getting spawn killed the whole match. I've also noticed that if you're playing Dom and your team kills a lot of enemies within a short amount of time, the game will flip their spawn, probably for the same reason: to keep them from getting spawn killed the whole match."

So in addition to the spawns flipping when 1 or 2 people on your team go hard a little too much, or gets an AC-130, you'd like to screw your team over even more by 3-capping and ruining the spawns? I don't get why you'd play a team game if you just want to work against your team? It's baffling.

vims1990

I always party up with NZ Oldschool and a few others when playing MW3 & we rarely have trouble triple capping as a team.

As a clan, we've won about 90% of our games (without dashboarding) even if we triple cap as a party. In the first clan op, our clan came 2nd place for most domination caps by triple capping, allowing the opposition to spawn at the opposite end, kill them and cap.....and so on.

The only maps we've really controlled two flags is Mission, Hardhat & Interchange. Other than that, we normally triple cap as a team.

I don't have a problem with it to be honest. I mean it's a free pointstreak out for grabs anyway.

It just depends on who your opponents are and which map you're playing on.

Of course you can still win, but with things like lag comp, good players, and the bad spawn system, why try and make it harder for yourself? I hold a 3.22 K/D and a 12.44 W/L without dashboarding because my clan knows better than to triple cap. What happens if you go up against a good team like us and you try and triple cap? You'll just be making your loss official. We have more trouble with teams who try and box us in than teams who see every flag grab as their next killstreak.

vims1990

Essentially, it's stops opposing players from leaving games often (because they're stuck against players with a mic & "skill") & it gives us more of a challenge playing as a party.

It does get boring when you have the opposition refusing to getting out of their spawn so we push them out by triple capping. It doesn't really make the game that difficult.

What happens if you go up against a good team like us and you try and triple cap? You'll just be making your loss official. We have more trouble with teams who try and box us in than teams who see every flag grab as their next killstreak.

As I stated before, it depends on opposing player skill level & map.

Of course, when we play against clans/parties (depending on skill level), we do keep them locked at one flag.

Doing it on a case-by-case basis isn't reliable either, as we've gone up against teams who seemed retarded for the first half of the game, only to go tryhard and give us a run for our money in the second half. If you formulate a strategy for each map and stick with it all the time, your losses will be a lot lower than if you randomize the game by triple capping. I remember my CoD4 days when I used to triple cap, thinking it was the best playstyle, until some friends showed me otherwise. I don't really care if other people like to 3-cap, as long as they don't end up on our team when someone leaves.

vims1990

Aero_Stryker wrote:

Doing it on a case-by-case basis isn't reliable either, as we've gone up against teams who seemed retarded for the first half of the game, only to go tryhard and give us a run for our money in the second half. If you formulate a strategy for each map and stick with it all the time, your losses will be a lot lower than if you randomize the game by triple capping. I remember my CoD4 days when I used to triple cap, thinking it was the best playstyle, until some friends showed me otherwise. I don't really care if other people like to 3-cap, as long as they don't end up on our team when someone leaves.

I can agree with that & I'm not disagreeing that triple capping can f*ck up the spawns & the tide of the game...it happened to me plenty of times when an enemy player spawns directly behind me.

For me, I prefer playing against 6 vs 6 for an entire match (against randoms) if it means triple capping instead of 6 vs. 2 against those poor random players who are stuck for the entire match (who really can't do much in these situations).

If it means one death, I really don't care (never really cared about my individual stats).

Normally when we play against full parties though, we are more strict with controlling two flags.

I don't care about 1 death either, only when that 1 death turns into more and more because we've lost all map control. I don't even risk 3-capping when there's only 1-2 people left because the loners are usually running Assassin and corner camping at that point, and I want to know where they are at all times. I always play with a full team of 6, but some people in our clan have bad connections and tend to lag out every few games, often leaving us with a rambo who thinks that he can win the war by himself. It probably sounds like i'm ranting at this point, but I just believe that map control is better than chaos.

I've given up on every other game mode except Dom and HC Dom because the spawns are so bad in this game. HQ had great spawns in Black Ops, but MW3 completely ruined it.

TheRandyNinja

i hit all three non stop i dont care about who spawns where and camping up for kills. i usually come out of the game with most kills and caps compared to the idiots with high kills and no caps. its an objective game if they have A & B camped so hard grabbing C will only be a plus if they can't keep hold of A then mabey there not as good as they think they are !

grif77775

so the reason for triple capping in your opinion boredom. You would happily give up the major advanage you have on the other team just because your bored with winning

Nope never get bored of winning but get bored with how its done  against weaker opponents I mean comeone guys some of you people are experienced shooters.And playing domination as a team against 0.64k/d shooters who dont know what there doing, and your theory is no dont triple cap it means theres a chance were going to lose, so i'll just sit here lock the map down and shoot all the nubs that run at me for 8minutes would make me fall asleep:P .Obviously you pick what games to triple cap when to triple and when to hold the fort .Some people play a generic onestyle fits all regardless of how skill less there oponents are and some teams don't.Cant say triple capping when we do it losses us the game, normally means we win by 200-40 and have alot of laughs doing it

bigjon00

i do it when my team pure spawn kill them , i seriously hate spawn killers they are sad fuks so i capp the 3rd flagg other than that i wont do it /

So you'd rather try to make your team, the team that you're a part of, lose, just because you don't like them using their skill and teamwork to their advantage? Maybe you should play free for all instead of a team game that requires teamwork. Whenever I have a retard like that on my team, I get the rest of my team to back up so we can let the enemies kill the idiot trying to triple cap. Works a lot.

bigjon00

im a big team player but it gets to a point where they truely spawn kill them and its not SKILL to spawn kill how is it skilll?

even when i capp the tird flagg my team dosen't lose .

i play with randoms and there is never team work im running back n fourth defending  two flaggs while they sit at the enemys spawn n **** them ,

i know you think im not a team player but this game is fullof people wanting easy kills

if you lpayed a gamew with me you'd see how much of a team player i am .

Only complete idiots triple cap, it guarantees the enemy will spawn behind you and 9/10 times you'll lose all 3 flags. It's the #1 fastest and best way to lose the game.

Which is why I would ALWAYS teamkill someone if they were trying to take the last flag (especially if it was the "weak" flag on the map)

wikked75

i will triple cap, sometimes. i like to dominate. and i think my team is good enough to kill random spawners. it's still a point and shoot game, and just because they spawn randomly, doesn't mean they are gonna kill me. i'm still gonna be checking my flanks, and not focusing in one direction.

but sometimes,  an enemy will get through, kill me, and i will spawn on their side, so i cap it. it's not me being an idiot. it's me saying, ok, if you are on my side, and i spawn at your flag, i'm taking it. most times, they get killed and don't take our flag, but, hey, i was near a flag, so i'm taking it.

wraithoverlord

Becuase somtimes the opposite team is that bad you can dominate them to humiliate them just that bit more.

MUPHinATHONG

I just wanna point out that if you're talking about holding 2 out of the 3 objectives, and you're leaving the enemy team to spawn at 1 objective, than yes, it is spawn trapping. Why else would you want to hold 2 of the 3 objectives? Because they could spawn behind you?

grif77775

I was talking about pushing their spawn or watching the areas they should spawn. What I'm asking is why give up sitution awareness. You know where they are and they don't know where you are, you're giving up a massive advanage so why do it

gallp13

Folks know no better.

blb128

The group I run with triple caps if the other team just camps in their spawn and does nothing. This is very boring so we triple cap them to flip the spawns for some action. We arent affraid to triple cap for losing. My W/L is 19.72  nuff said

deftonicdamian

When I play with certain groups of friends we triple cap as well. 2 capping can be very boring if the team admits defeat and stops going for the flags. Triple capping and splitting up, 2 people per flag definetly gets you a lot of defends, kills, and just more points in general. They all hold like 44-65W/L and whatnot so I just play along, since mine's not even a 30.