17 Replies Latest reply: Apr 16, 2012 2:37 AM by IPye RSS

Defense or Camping

naveed_israr

Hey Guys.

i want to raise a point here our clan is iCod and most of the time we play Domination, the question i want to ask here i usually dont go for capturing flags for example if our team captured A i will sit around it and defend it with my other team mate, While the other team mates will go for other flags. we usally wins with this strategy and my KD is 1.60 is this camping or called Defense because lots of people doing this in Domination.

• Re: Defense or Camping
    grif77775

depends on what happening else where. if your team is wining and the other simply can't beat them then yes you're camping, but if flags are being flipped all the time and you're getting your fair share of kills then you're defending

gallp13

Holding an objective=defense

Rest is camping.

Not hard is it.

Rob12

You're kidding right. If the other team can't cap the flag you are defending then that's their problem. It's an objective based game, not TDM. Hiding near the flag to watch over it is fine. Same goes for search when you are defending the bombs.

I would only class it as camping if you are sat in the middle of nothing, no where near the objective waiting for people to run past. That's camping, just like gallp13 said.

grif77775

if all the action the at b and c and sitting back watching a and you're only picking up the odd kill while your team has pushed the others back c, you would be better pushing up and helping with B.

I didn't say he wasn't helping but you should know if you only see the odd guy every minute you know that where you are might not be the best place.

Plus there's nothing wrong with camping, but watching an idol flag is a waste when you could be supporting your team at the other flag.

gallp13

Cap A leave one to hold. Cap B team holds and harries opposition at flanks and C up to but not flipping spawn=Dom win.

Sure A def is bored but not camping and contributes to win.

If you're going 30 seconds staying in the same spot without a kill, you're camping. That's my rule-of-thumb (not to say I haven't camped, but I try to keep myself active).

blb128

These camping threads are getting old. If you only hold one flag you are camping. You need 2 flags to win.

No it is playingh strategically and with your team. He is doing an important role in teamwork.
      The other 5 players can go cap the flags, while he's making sure that they don't get triple capped or switch the spawns. It's defense. If his teammates weren't capping flags--and they were losing by a ton--- and he doesn't go to cap anything-- then yes, that's camping, and camping with an excuse.

Go Buckeyes!

Your defending the flag and also holding  your spawn.

If you're near an objective and helping your team, it's defense plain and simple. Hopefully you get enough people in range of the flag to get a score higher than 50xyour kills.

If you're nowhere near your flag or if you're all defending a flag when you need help capping something else, then it's camping.

if you were in my game and at the end it shows you with 1 cap and 2-3 defends, and we lose, then im going to be pretty pissed

wadeywilson

For some reason I play like this on two maps only. On Resistance I regard C as mine, once I cap it, no ones getting it off me. On Mission I also love holding down A singlehandedly.

Anyone else take ownership of certain flags on certain maps?

naveed_israr

Thanks for your opinions guy, my mind is clear now about camping

Holding an objective=defense

Rest is camping.

Not hard is it.

As gallp13 said

i got a message yesterday from someone. i dont think i have ever heard as many curse words in a short amount of time in my life, not even on that episode of southpark.

we had the flag most of the match on team defender and when we did i sat away from the flag carrier in the corner protecting him from the other side. but apparently its camping to protect someone from anywere that isnt right on top of them.

one thing i would say is that why do people go back to try and kill the camper and die again and again trying to do the same thing. the amount of times ive seen this done baffles me