9 Replies Latest reply: Aug 23, 2013 9:55 AM by TERMINATOR-XM101 RSS

What Makes You a NooB?

WarriorPoet

Apparently any and everything you can possibly do in this game can make you noob.  Here's an example:  Two players are approaching a corner from two different directions, when hitting the corner they both get a surprise in the form of each other.  Both players are startled but one reacts quickly melees and survives the chance encounter.  Makes sense right?  NO!  Because gone are the days when you respected the other player for their split second reaction, now we just put them down by calling it a "Panic Knife".  'If you were any good you'd have gone for the headshot", I actually heard a guy that.  Really!?!  So the player is a noob for reacting fast enough to save himself.....ok.

You play objectives, you're a noob.  You don't play objectives, you're a noob.  Use any weapon you're noob.  I remember when noo one was a noob when everyone was using the Striker or Akimbo FMG9's(glitches included) made you a noob but if you've reached the last current prestige level and you decide to try and shoot through all weapons your a noob for doing that.  It seems your classified as noob for practically anything these days.  I'm beginning to think I'm a noob for just playing the game.

• Re: What Makes You a NooB?

WarriorPoet wrote:

Two players are approaching a corner from two different directions, when hitting the corner they both get a surprise in the form of each other.  Both players are startled but one reacts quickly melees and survives the chance encounter.  Makes sense right?  NO!  Because gone are the days when you respected the other player for their split second reaction, now we just put them down by calling it a "Panic Knife".

So hitting your thumb stick because you got scared deserves a "Nice kill" from the enemy?ROFL

WarriorPoet

Hey, I was under the impression that killing the other player before he kills you is a 'Nice kill' but maybe you're right.  Maybe there IS only one right way to get a kill.  It'd be nice if there was a ROE telling us exactly what is acceptable and what isn't.  But that wouldn't work either, I suppose.  I guess you're right.

unicronhound

Turns out you're a n00b if you kill boosters. Got into a match of infected and 3 pairs of people were boosting, resulting in 3 MOABS. So the next game I went on the hunt for them found another couple of people boosting, bringing it up to 10 boosters in a single match. They had some choice words for me after I killed them. I think it's a n00b thing when people NEED to go around kniving others in gun game and 3x6 guns. I've been in lobbies already were people are either hiding in corners kniving people as they go by, or just go around kniving without ever using the gun.

adw1983

In counter-strike, the last game I can recall where the knife requires skill, knifing someone was the ULTIMATE humiliation.

The REASONS this was better and more skillful was:
    1: Knife was a weapon you had to choose to wield instead of your primary, and not a magic item created by the press of the "panic-button".

2: It took THREE hits to kill from the front, or you could STAB them on alt-fire in the HEAD -- which required aim and perfect timing for a one hit kill.

It was heaploads more realistic. If YOU wield an M4, and someone pulls a knife on you from 2 meters away and you're a trained soldier.
    Who would win?
    What if the M4 was empty?
    Always the guy with the M4.
    Bullets > a knife
    An empty rifle and a knife in your belt > a knife

A knife is a tool, and a last resort weapon.
    In a knife fight, you are wiser to use your empty rifle as a bludgeoning tool, and then use the knife to finish him off once you have broken his arm and/or leg or scull, than to drop your primary for a knife.
    Besides, you would/should NEVER be able to one-hit-kill anyone with a knife in a world where you survive two rife rounds to the head.

3: The AK47 could actually one hit kill with a headshot, and thus knifing was DANGEROUS to use because you were in danger when not wielding your primary.

In MW3:
    Knifing does not require aim, it does not require skill, it does not require timing.
    It does not require careful consideration.
    It is not a last resort.

It is the "I win" button that anyone can press when any enemy is within 2 meters range.
    Hit his shins? He's dead.
    Hit his left hand? He's dead.
    Stab his knee around his riot shield in an impossible manner? He's dead.

Completely missed him, slashing the air between his arms and legs?
    He's dead anyway.

Coming from CS over to CoD4, knifing was harder in CoD4 than in the faster-paced games that came out after CoD4, but it wasn't skill in CoD4 either.

Humiliation in gun-game (at least in black ops) is a joke.
    It is not at all humiliating to be one-hit-killed by someone who just needed to press a button to be invinvible and jump 6 feet and kill you -- while you cannot defend yourself or attack him back -- while he's in god-mode.

To make matters worse, there is ALWAYS one side that has a massive advantage with the knife.

Start a private match against another, and notice how one person ALWAYS wins 2:1 or better.
    Switch hosts.
    Notice how that person goes 1:2 or worse?

Knifing is cheap and too easy, and does not require skill.
    Tubes in hardcore where there is no counter is cheap and too easy, 4 tubes per life gives 4 free kills.
    One more kill, and you've got your Predator - Attack helicopter - Reaper chain going.

WarriorPoet

Whether using a knife is cheap is still up for debate but being 'too easy'.....sometimes yes sometimes not so much.  I can't tell you many times an 'easy' knife has just plain missed its target. As for the skill part...I thought that was killing the other guy before he kills you.  Maybe I've got this all wrong somehow...

TERMINATOR-XM101

A noob is someone with low skills!

Bad accuracy

Bad reflexes

Is usually in one spot, or an area where he can head glith, using assault rifles with extended mags WITH tactical insertion, and in some cases they use lightweight machine guns with extended mags.

These fools, are always in corners waiting for the enemy to pass by! Is affraid to engage in short range combat. They usually use sentri guns.

Also, Noobs actually take there time to blow up UAVs! LOL!  Thats funny!

As far as people using MP-7s or a certain gun, does not make you a noob. ITS YOUR ACTIONS THAT MAKE YOU A NOOB.

WEAPONS ARE HERE FOR EVERYONE TO USE, theres is no advantage for nobody. You can use the same guns too! Right?

Noobs, are usually scared of 1v1s, they will say a million excuses not to 1v1 you to avoid any kind of humiliation. They are unsure of there own skills to face another opponent alone in a map. They will say "oh ur a waste of time" or say "I win by default I dont need to play you, im better, or they have even said "even if you beat me im still far better and more skilled then you? Hahahahah!

A noob is made by his beliefs, his actions!

Also, a guy that is obssesed with snipers (quickscoping) is a noob. Specially if thats all he uses 90% of the times. And they end up really sucking when using normal guns, that there accuracy is shitty all out.

Ive played Elite quickscopers, freaks in other words in 1v1, that I have lost to by 30 to 26 kills. "Even thow I dont really practice QS" or simply use sniper.

But then I rematch in a normal gun game, shooting all out, and these dudes are terrible, shitty players that end up loosing badly 30 to 5 to 7 kills! Or they end up rage quitting like pussys. RAGE QUITTING IS A NOOBISH ACT.

ANOTHER THING I WANTED TO MENTION.

Players that PRONE for every kill is noobish! These dudes have to Prone always, 9 out of 10 times, Real talk!

Theres is nothing wrong with drop shooting, proning, but proning for almost every single kill you get is straight Gay. Anybody can do it... but some players like my self avoid doing it... and rather stand up front most of the times!

Proning alot shows weakness... it means that your accuracy is so shitty that you must prono to kill, to have an edge, an advantage to the player you are engaging.

Theres is alot more to what noobs do. But this is the first thing that came to mind

TERMINATOR-XM101

Bad accuracy

Bad reflexes

Is usually in one spot, or an area where he can head glith, using assault rifles with extended mags WITH tactical insertion, and in some cases they use lightweight machine guns with extended mags.

These fools, are always in corners waiting for the enemy to pass by! Is affraid to engage in short range combat. They usually use sentri guns.

As far as people using MP-7s or a certain gun, does not make you a noob. ITS YOUR ACTIONS THAT MAKE YOU A NOOB.

WEAPONS ARE HERE FOR EVERYONE TO USE, theres is no advantage for nobody. You can use the same guns too! Right?

Noobs, are usually scared of 1v1s, they will say a million excuses not to 1v1 you to avoid any kind of humiliation. They are unsure of there own skills to face another opponent alone in a map. They will say "oh ur a waste of time" or say "I win by default I dont need to play you, im better, or they have even said "even if you beat me im still far better and more skilled then you? Hahahahah!

Also, a guy that is obssesed with snipers (quickscoping) is a noob. Specially if thats all he uses 90% of the times. And they end up really sucking when using normal guns, that there accuracy is shitty all out.

Ive played Elite quickscopers, freaks in other words in 1v1, that I have lost to by 30 to 26 kills. "Even thow I dont really practice QS" or simply use sniper.

But then I rematch in a normal gun game, shooting all out, and these dudes are terrible, shitty players that end up loosing badly 30 to 5 to 7 kills! Or they end up rage quitting like pussys. RAGE QUITTING IS A NOOBISH ACT.

Players that PRONE for every kill is noobish! These dudes have to Prone always, 9 out of 10 times, Real talk!

Theres is nothing wrong with drop shooting, proning, but proning for almost every single kill you get is straight Gay. Anybody can do it... but some players like my self avoid doing it... and rather stand up front most of the times!

Proning alot shows weakness... it means that your accuracy is so shitty that you must prono to kill, to have an edge, an advantage to the player you are engaging.

Theres is alot more to what noobs do. But this is the first thing that came to mind

TERMINATOR-XM101

Bad accuracy

Bad reflexes