21 Replies Latest reply: Dec 7, 2012 3:45 AM by SitRepPro RSS

Why do so much people play Team Deathmatch?

LoneTactical

It is such a boring gamemode, the only objective is to kill. You need no strategy to play this as not much good players even play this as much as the gamemodes of Search and Destroy, Domination, Infected, etc.

• Re: Why do so much people play Team Deathmatch?
    zvers

Really??? "No skill". You mean it takes no skill to out live and out fight everyone else on the opposing team. You obviously don't do that in the game modes you listed, oh, wait a sec.... It's not 4/20 so you can't use that for an excuse on your post.

nothing wrong with tdm some people dont want to mess around with objectives and only play the game for the kills sadly alot of them do still come into objective games to whore kills

I think it's cuz it's the most basic gametype. Get more kills than deaths as a team and you win. Lot of people who don't understand some of the other gametypes or don't want to deal with the objectives. I hate TDM though, everyone just head camps and uses the best guns.

A lot of your "good" players only play the objective games because it tells them a general idea of where people will be. Most of the YouTube commentators you see will play KC or Domination, but completely avoid the objective going for kills. The best players can do well in TDM, where everyone is only going for kills. It's the most balanced gametype possible.

Agreed, all you have to do is camp to win, where in objective modes that won't gurantee a win often. It takes more skill to play with an objective, because there is more strategy involved etc. The best strategy for tdm is to just camp, and you get a guranteed win every time.

SitRepPro

LoneTactical wrote:

It is such a boring gamemode, the only objective is to kill. You need no strategy to play this as not much good players even play this as much as the gamemodes of Search and Destroy, Domination, Infected, etc.

If you value strategy so much, play a tactical third person shooter like Ghost Recon.  Most people prefer simplistic game modes to play, that is why checkers is more popular then chess.  The same holds true with video games, more people play first person shooters than tactical third person shooters.

combatvetizaf

I play TDM because I got tired of people not playing the objective.  Maybe 1 out of every 4 lobbies I entered, I could find teams that were actually pushing to win.  The rest were just sitting around trying to rack up kills.  If I can carve a few minutes out of my day to play, I'd rather play and finish two or three games of TDM or FFA instead of one of Domination (for example) where nothing is getting accomplished.

And to say that camping is more rampant in TDM than most objective-based games is way off base.  It exists everywhere, but is worse in Domination and Sabotage.  Don't get me started on the people who play KC but never go after tags.

codchamp

Because it is the most basic game type. You cannot argue about anyone doing anything in TDM. There is no objective to go for so in essence you are on your own....Unless you got some BK's on your team going 2-25 that is.

JerryEveryday

TDM is my favorite. It's the only playlist I play.

It's just a simple, basic game mode with a simple objective: kill.

highlandsparky

I find it a great gamemode, especially if your more of a solo player, like myself...

Kill, kill, kill.....

Don't knock it.

It's simple, Lone. People who play Deathmatch are stupid. Simple as that. Why bother with such convuluted stuff as a plot, strategy or skill when you can simply put people in a box, give them weapons and blow them to Kingdom Come?

Think about the level of intellect (or lack thereof) it takes to derive pleasure from doing this. "Put people in a box, set a timer and let them kill each other until the time runs out. And then... do it again!". These people are so low on the food chain, they would kill their own family (including pets) for $5.00 and I don't mean in a video game. Free-for-alls are the absolute worst, but Team Deathmatches are a close second.

Plus, let's look at how devoid of a life they are. They are probably that guy in the corner who has a runaway case of acne, wears an Iron Maiden shirt but doesn't know they're a band, and hasn't bathed all week because they feel they can get one more match in before class, they fart loudly in class and think it's a major accomplishment that will get them that ideal girlfriend. It won't, not because they play such meaningless tripe but because they smell so bad on a regular basis and the poor girl can't stand to be within 15 feet of them as a direct result, and if you think the B.O. is bad, you haven't smelled anything yet when the effect of their chili kicks in, believe you me. These are people that think if they can fart for seven seconds straight, they've accomplished something humongous, that is provided they can count to seven.

These are the people that think it's clever and original to have "69" or "420" in their screen name and love to yell what they'll do to the losers' mothers, even though in reality they'll end up dying alone with no friends. It's to overcompensate for shortcomings in their lives.

In a perfect world, they would be treated the way the Chinese treat their murderers -- execution by firing squad and the price of the bullet will be billed to their family, because the world would be a much better place without them in it. Unfortunately, we don't live in a perfect world, so it's best to avoid these people. Stick to a co-op mode. Your sanity will thank me.

I like team death match myself.  I like as many players as possible in all other games but definitely in MW3.  Team death match delivers that for me.  It just feels good to shoot and blow stuff up in the game.  When the game is going good man is that relaxing and fun.  It's just good entertainment.

They like it because there really isn't any side points, no objectives to try to get to, you basically just kill enemies to win, Not capturing flags or anything like that.

It's simple, and no restrictions are present, such as no parties, or certain weapons ect ect.

I play TDM myself like crazy, Love it, Sometimes I play Kill Confirmed, but all the newfags to the game don't know how to walk over dogtags to pick them up, so we end up losing.

SitRepPro

Anonymous__ wrote:

Sometimes I play Kill Confirmed, but all the newfags to the game don't know how to walk over dogtags to pick them up, so we end up losing.

It's because they're after higher killstreaks so, by not collecting the tags, they are artificially making the game longer to do it.  All IW had to do was make the killstreaks be confirmed kills.  Because of this I moved to BO2 where killwhoring in objective game modes is far less rewarding, and I haven't looked back since.

FurryProGamer

To put it simple they want a game session to where they can camp with gaydars and baby moniters so they can continue to suck at call of duty. I don't add people who camp and if any of my friends camp im gunna delete them.

Uhm, No.     You can camp in virtually any gamemode,  the maps don't change, the gamemode does.   That doesn't affect whether or not you can camp.    Playing Team Deathmatch doesn't make you "suck at call of duty".    Stop being so ignorant, You have your opinion on a fun gamemode, other people have theirs.   Respect both of them.

Uhm, No.     You can camp in virtually any gamemode,  the maps don't change, the gamemode does.   That doesn't affect whether or not you can camp.    Playing Team Deathmatch doesn't make you bad at Call of Duty.    Stop being so ignorant, You have your opinion on a fun gamemode, other people have theirs.   Respect both of them.