10 Replies Latest reply: Apr 22, 2012 1:03 PM by infamy96797 RSS

I'd Like to Hear Opinions on Black Box.

vileself

Does anyone else think this is a poorly designed map? I find that the map itself promotes serious hardcore camping because its almost suicide trying to run anywhere. There are a rediculous amounts of sight lines for campy snipers. I like being a campy sniper too but the counter sniping is always at least a 3-1 once you fire. If Im run n gunning I can always go through the plane or up the backside of the construction zone, but I still have to run by 2-4 lines of sight and more often than not Ill get picked off. It just seems like the only way to do well on this map is to use a sniper rifle, use Assassin Pro, camp in one of the 3 houses or in the nose end of the plane or in the ruins near the tail of the plane. Thats the kind of player that kills me over and over and over again on this map. These people dont capture flags. They dont collect dog tags. They just camp and snipe and no one else can do anything because they're just getting picked off by snipers.

By the way Im speaking more so on behalf of KC and Dom, this kind of playstyle is okay in TDM but in games where people need to go for objectives they shouldnt be so overly exposed to so many sniping posts. Thats just my opinion on it, I cant win on this map for the life of me. Its impossible to cap B. Maybe its just me but I even find ARs to be pretty inferior on this map. All in all Im just dissapointed with the flow and layout of the map. I dont have these problems with any other map. Every other map has good 'flow' routes but Black Box just feels like a suicide mission no matter which way you go.

Ok go.

• Re: I'd Like to Hear Opinions on Black Box.

i think its good depending on what game type you play then again that can be said of all the maps

Maps like Black Box & Liberation require a different approach than smaller maps like Dome & Mission. I don't see that as a bad thing. Just variety. Can't have all the maps caterng to only one play-style.

A couple days ago, a random teammate in a HC KC match on Liberation said: "I hate this map. It's too campy." I replied: "You just have to be sneaky - and more importantly, watch out for the enemy being sneaky."

I don't have the patience to sit stationary for too long, so at first I didn't like Black Box & Liberation... But I challenged myself to "put on my anti-camper panties" by staying out of long sight-lines & flanking in behind the snipers perched in spots looking out over the map. You only have to play a couple matches on those maps before you quickly learn the spots snipers commonly use.

It's very satisfying to walk up to an unsuspecting enemy who is just quietly sitting there staring through his scope & then scaring the stink out of him with a surprise attack from behind.

xtorchxstangx

you can run n gun or camp , i think its a very good map , you definitly dont want to run in the middle very much.

Love BB, something for everyone...

vileself

Thanks for the replies guys. I just feel that Black Box has far too many lines of sight for camper/snipers and not enough 'flow routes' for run n gunners. Liberation has a lot of sight lines but it also has a lot of back alleys, bushes and obstructions that help runners to navigate the map. On Black Box the best ways for a runner to travel are still within the sights of the campy snipers. There isnt a single map in any other CoD that I wasnt comfortable using w/e gun I wanted to use.. on Black Box however I feel outclassed unless Im sniping, and it needs to be somewhat campy sniping, which Im not too fond of.

I was discussing this in my lobby yesterday. We all voted for Piazza, Overwatch and Liberation because no one in the lobby liked the setup of Black Box.

Perhaps once people warm up to this map they will camp less, but until then Im gonna think this map kinda stinks.

coolwhhhip

Peice of crap map. Just another map with numerous peices of clutter for folks to head glitch and the whole thing in general caters to the nonconfrontational types of players that just like nothing more after a hard days work than to nuzzle up into cozy bush or peer across a random porta-poddy and have a nice relaxing stare into their tv screen without the added stress of having to shoot their gun. Yeah its junk.

Its the only map from the Collection 1 DLC which my friends and i always skip, its horrible campy for TDM, way to many line of sights and headglitchers everywhere,

to me the map feels like Highrise (which i love) but without the underground path, if BB had a underground path then the map would be much better in my opinion.

The map seems to be made for Search n Destroy or Ground War.

Steve2589

I think Black Box is awful, I've had a few games on it now in different game modes and none of them were enjoyable

infamy96797

black box is mw3s version of afghan never run into the middle