1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 193 Replies Latest reply: May 14, 2012 11:36 AM by rankismet Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    vims1990

Mac, a few questions from the "hobbit down under":

1) With the new matchmaking system, will you suggest it is recommended to select the best party leader based on connection (i.e. the player who does host alot)?

2) Is there a likely chance this will improve the host connectivity for smooth & fairly balanced matches?

3) If our party members are already locally based, will this new matchmaking change affect us or will it remain the same?

4) Will this prevent every player including the host getting a 2 or 3 bar connection?

5) Lastly, do you believe the matches will be more in sync, less delay between players etc after the new matchmaking change.

• 21. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    Nubdub

I think the video was great and both of you have been helpful. I just dont want to see you trying to "oversell" the part you played in getting it looked at. It's something the entire community influenced by pounding at them daily. The thanks belongs to the community for getting the information out in the open and making suggestions as to how to fix it. Dont think this fix will make much difference. The game at best will play like BO (still lag but less noticable difference.)

• 22. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    Demultanocte

vims1990 wrote:

Mac, a few questions from the "hobbit down under":

1) With the new matchmaking system, will you suggest it is recommended to select the best party leader based on connection (i.e. the player who does host alot)?

2) Is there a likely chance this will improve the host connectivity for smooth & fairly balanced matches?

3) If our party members are already locally based, will this new matchmaking change affect us or will it remain the same?

4) Will this prevent every player including the host getting a 2 or 3 bar connection?

5) Lastly, do you believe the matches will be more in sync, less delay between players etc after the new matchmaking change.

I have the same questions made by Vims and some others:

1) Does this fix change something for the host (host disavantage)?

2) Does this fix change something for who plays solo?

3) Does this fix prevent to join an international lobby?

4) Does this fix prevent to join a lobby with higher ping when you are in party? (example: everybody in the party have a ping under 50ms and are able to join, when play solo, a lobby under 50 ms, but when they are in party  the matchmaking put them in a lobby with ping over 125/150 ms).

5) Will the best party leader be the host?

• 23. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    ghorman

Capp00 or mac - please read my post and tell me your theory on throttling because this fix does not explain the behavior seen in MW3.  This fix is not addressing root of the issue IMO.

• 24. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    ShankDaddyMack

whoever thinks that the lag comp works like this is incorrect...higher ping does not mean ur benefitting from the current lag comp tuning...it means u are handicapped...heres how this works...it takes the highest ping...and the lowest ping in the lobby...finds a host halfway (approximately of course) between them both...then it boosts the low pings (benefitting those players) and slows the faster pings (to match the host ping) to attempt to equal out the lag. basically the ppl with the slower internet ping benefit while those with the better ping to start off with are handicapped...throw in the fact that the way host is picked is out of whack (have seen splitscreeners picked as host over and over again) and there u have it. its a fairly simple concept to understand really. and as far as why it isnt fixed yet I HAVE A THEORY FOR THIS , are you guys ready? what i think is going on is this...the "devs" that are in charge of this project now are not the guys who built the game to start off with (remember the guys that got fired / quit / left the dev team a while back?). i dont think they have the slightest idea wtf they are doing cuz they arent the ones who actually assembled the actual coding of the game to start off with. this makes perfect sense to me as i have a better than avg understanding of coding/networking issues (i have yrs of college in both fields). Feedback welcomed on my theory BUT U CAN SAVE THE FLAMING FOR SOMEONE ELSE lol...and what is wrong with being american? everyone needs to get over where ppl are from or what color they are...we live in a day and age where interaction online pretty much removes borders and puts us in contact with all races creeds religious beliefs and nationalities...its time to put the big boy pants on and grow up mentally ppl...thats a big part of what is wrong with the WHOLE WORLD.

• 25. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    ShankDaddyMack

just a lil add on to the above...if higher ping added up to benefitting from the lag comp then when u are host u would have the best connection...which is exactly the opposite right now (dont believe me then u can pay close attention urself)...heres how...the games u keep dyin before even taking damage...cant seem to kill anyone...way too many hitmarkers to kill ppl...when u leave the lobby...notice how it goes back to the choosing a host screen and shows the players in the lobby for a couple seconds before u actually are allowed to leave? yea thats what i refer to as "host disadvantage". and there u have it...lag comp 101 lol

• 26. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    trialstardragon

You are so incorrrect in your undrstanding of how it works it is not even funny trying to read what you said.

• 27. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    gallp13

My games are starting to work with the current system......I hope this doesn't ruin my game play.......patches are a lucky dip.......

Your Hopeful but Nervous Corresspondent

• 28. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    ShankDaddyMack

lol @ me being incorrect...u need to go read if u think that...cuz that is exactly how lag comp works...maybe go take a networking class in college or somethin kiddo...some of us already have backgrounds in areas that have to do with networks...all lag comp is IS A BUFFER TO BENEFIT THE PPL WHO HAVE GARBAGE INTERNET...PERIOD...WHY DO U THINK U USED TO HAVE HOST ADVANTAGE? WHY DO U THINK NOW ITS HOST DISADVANTAGE? I WOULD LOVE TO SEE U EXPLAIN HOW IT WORKS SINCE U KNOW BETTER THAN I DO (ESPECIALLY WHEN I WORKED IN THE FIELD FOR 6 YRS FOR A MAJOR NATIONWIDE INTERNET PROVIDER) if u dont even bother to try to explain how u THINK it works we will all know...cuz basically its just networking protocols...nothing more...now go ahead...explain to us who dont know LMAO...im waiting to see this.

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next