16 Replies Latest reply: Apr 27, 2012 4:28 PM by Paddi RSS

High Killing gameplays... Do they mean anything.

Everyone who makes video does this.  They post their best and highest kills gameplay regardless of if they played the objective, or even won the game.  Why?  Everything outside f TDM/FFA is a core objective game.  Why do you feel good about getting kills vs a team that was playing an objective, but then blame your team when you lose despite getting a bucketload of kills?

People say KD doesn't mean anything, yet people sit there and praise people who go 150-1 and don't play the objective.

• Re: High Killing gameplays... Do they mean anything.
    CowboySr

Cause most are kids that dont understand the difference. Of course the people that do know not to bother even trying to make them understand....at least most of us.

High K/D = big internet penis

theatriks

Personally I just like to see how they go about getting their high kills. Perhaps I'd be able to integrate their styles into whatever it is I'm trying to do. Sometimes they use unorthodox routes, classes, or sightlines. It's interesting to see how they kill so many people. Not interested in watching High Kill videos for their strategy on winning. Just to see how they move, react, think even. If you learn what they do to get those amounts of kills you could use it to improve your core gameplay. Use sightlines perhaps you haven't noticed before, routes you never thought were smart to use, guns you never had good experiences with till you learned how other people used them.

The same reason I don't mind watching other people play when I die in SnD. I like to see how they stay alive and complete their objective so as I might be able to learn how to do the same. Observing and understanding people that do better than me in one area will let me know how I might do better in that area. The sole reason I watch anyone else play at all. Even if they're not good, at the least I'll learn what not to do.

Paddi wrote:

Everyone who makes video does this.  They post their best and highest kills gameplay regardless of if they played the objective, or even won the game.  Why?  Everything outside f TDM/FFA is a core objective game.  Why do you feel good about getting kills vs a team that was playing an objective, but then blame your team when you lose despite getting a bucketload of kills?

Lets clear something up, I have a decent KD most games but I try to lock down 2 points in domination and then defend. I like to sit tight if i'm close to a streak. I like to get high kills, I like to win by holding two NOT three objectives. Why? Because spawn points are far to poor in MW3 and I don't feel like being shot in the back constantly... That aint fun.

Now, that said - what makes you think the teams constantly rush capping and dying  are playing the game 'objective' right? Is it right that a team can all have a KD of 0.25-0.5 and win? Pi**es me off even more there will be EMP and stealth all the damn time.

I'm not dismissing what you say, like I say I do play both objective and kills, but frankly things like support streaks have encouraged a hell of a lot of poor game play. I've never seen so many poor KD's in domination in BOps... anyway, thats my take on it.

Why not play both and hold down two flags? Oh because everyone will moan you're camping if you dont run about like a tard. I forgot the objective was to die all the time.

i dont mind someone racking up high kills in objective games as long as you help the team by capping flags and playing the objectives and not just going all out for the kills

Here is a prime example of what you are talking about.  This kid who posted a brag thread here...

http://community.callofduty.com/message/205564067#205564067

Went 54 and 4 and lost the game of domination 200-125.  Throughout his video, he blamed his teammates and you can clearly see, he avoided the objectives like the plague.

nicedrewishfela

Honestly, those gameplays bore me, especially if they were achieved in a team game. I often look at the results and while they were getting the high kills, the others on their team took the brunt of the opponent's wrath. I always wonder what is happening to the teammates while this "beast" is getting their kills. They are probably getting spawn killed or attacked from behind.

While I can respect a good player as much as the next, I would much rather watch thoughtful, interesting commentary like WoodysGamerTag or humorous players like Ken Burton than somebody telling me how great they are at the game.