20 Replies Latest reply: Apr 19, 2012 9:01 AM by TheRandyNinja RSS

thanks tu14

thanks for the update , its took the game back to the same bs iv been playing since november . now whatever you did the other week with the update it seamed to make the game so much better think it was the one you put out with the 2 new elite maps . turning on this morning and downloading the new update did worry me and i was right , for the first time since nov the past week or so has been very good lesswtf moments and the games have been alot closer the kills being shared out across both teams , not today tho back to the rubish of the top 2-3 players 20-30kills to the good and the rest scrapping for the crumbs empting clips into sombody for me to be instakilled , now iv read about the matchmacking and so forth and the lag comp may need tweeking again my worry is are we going to have to wait another 5-6months to get a somewhat even feild again .

• Re: thanks tu14

This update may not have been to address the lag comp. But there is one coming for that. Nobody will know till the Dev say something. As to your case it could just be that not many people are on at 8 a.m. therefor leading to not as many good connections to find. Just a suggestion

been playing everyday since the game came out at all times of day so that does not cut it for me mate the diffrence was night and day from last update to this one got a good conection i think fibre optic so i think that says it all downgrade to dialup to kill whore

It doesnt matter how fast your connection is. All that matters is how low your PING is to places thousands of miles away. Run pingtest . net and choose servers far away. it will give you your line quality and all that. Trust me I too no the frustrations of being a second behind. And it makes it unplayable but there is no way everyone thaty plays this game is going to get exactly what they need.

im no  tec expert mate and this problem does not just exsist in the mw3 world other games suffer also iv done the ping test awile back and it was  10 i think but dont quote me on that

shmedlywilcox88

The update was not for lag comp/matchmaking, etc.  It only fixed an issue for Premium Elite members to download their maps.  Once again, the placebo effect has struck!

maccabi

shmedlywilcox88 wrote:

The update was not for lag comp/matchmaking, etc.  It only fixed an issue for Premium Elite members to download their maps.  Once again, the placebo effect has struck!

yep

who are you to tell me what my gameplay is like have you been shafted since november probs not, arrr thats right yous are the ones that have down graded your internet to get on the good side of the lag sad man dont judge me and say it is in my head

iigallowsii

relax buddy  they are just saying a dev. on the forums already stated the TU only affects poeple unable to get the new elite content drops.

The TU has no affect on matchmaking we all know the game has issues. they are just trying to explain this update is not causing more lag the game is still broken we all know that.

starbuckfrack

insaine wrote:

who are you to tell me what my gameplay is like have you been shafted since november probs not, arrr thats right yous are the ones that have down graded your internet to get on the good side of the lag sad man dont judge me and say it is in my head

Like someone is stupid enough to get slow internet for playing one single game ?

Dont think so.

shmedlywilcox88

I'm not saying I disagree that the lag doesn't suck, because sometimes it does (and yes it has got worse since the game launched).  What I AM saying is everytime a TU drops we end up with tons of posts where everyone "claims" the lag is worse since said update without even knowing what the update is for.  In the case of this TU (and 8 of the others), there was no change to the lag algorithm.  Thus, if you think the lag is worse afterwards one of 3 things happened:
        1) You got stuck with some crappy hosts- Not TU related
        2) You have some sort of net congestition going on afterwards, be it local (same line downloading, etc) or ISP wide (such as line work, bad weather somewhere in the ping trace route or too many users logging at the same time- cable internet)- AGAIN NOT TU related

Or most likely

3) The lag is the same as it's always been and you "think" it's worse- ie. the Placebo effect has kicked in.

starbuckfrack

shmedlywilcox88 wrote:

I'm not saying I disagree that the lag doesn't suck, because sometimes it does (and yes it has got worse since the game launched).  What I AM saying is everytime a TU drops we end up with tons of posts where everyone "claims" the lag is worse since said update without even knowing what the update is for.  In the case of this TU (and 8 of the others), there was no change to the lag algorithm.  Thus, if you think the lag is worse afterwards one of 3 things happened:
          1) You got stuck with some crappy hosts- Not TU related
          2) You have some sort of net congestition going on afterwards, be it local (same line downloading, etc) or ISP wide (such as line work, bad weather somewhere in the ping trace route or too many users logging at the same time- cable internet)- AGAIN NOT TU related

Or most likely

3) The lag is the same as it's always been and you "think" it's worse- ie. the Placebo effect has kicked in.

Good point.

some days I am beast on the screen. Yelling out "YEAH ! Get some!" other days I am cursing at the screen.

Some days the net IS worse, depending on so many factors. and things just dont go right.

A lot of times I feel its the player that changes day by day. sometimes you can play blindfolded and other days you cant even hold the controllers.

I mean I know there are some people on here that have serios issues.

But when you get ppeople jumping right on the "this update killed the game for me" and people seeing a youtube that shows a guy getting stabbed from ten feet away and a bunch of other things people see then every hater who gets killed in this game panics.

I still think theater is a great thing and they should keep it in the game. I still believe what JD once said.

Before theater people used to chalk it up to normal lag or say WTF when they were killed. Now that theater is in the game everyone is crying UFO all day long when they get killed. and they are finding whatever "hot topic excuse" is out there to blame for it, thus ruining it for all the real players who have issues.

But what can you do. That is just human nature with too much internet stories mixed in.

Typical Human Nature example, One person posts a "I want a 30 second EMP" post. Three more guys make their own instead of adding to the post.

how are my experiences ruining it for the real players ? so baisicly dont post anything negitive is what i read from that . im not a hater iv spent good money on the call of duty series not just this one but i will say this is the first one that has got me so anoyed and i have felt like this for many months . i am just going to put it down as a love hate relationship because i will still play daily .

CowboySr

This

Update or not, same thing goes for me as OP.. For the past week maybe two I had noticed the game was playing the smoothest since release.. I was rarely if ever being insta-killed, I was getting kills without having to put 6  hitmarkers and my games were not being ended in the middle by "MW3 servers being down" messages..

Cut to today where I played a fair number of games, some of them I did well, and others I could not do anything.. Die in one shot, not getting kills that the previous game I was getting, games ending due to server issues giving me a loss..  I don't know the reason but something was different.. I just want a smooth consistent gameplay experience thats all..

there was something up yesterday a solar flair problems with the internet in general update pulling funny tricks i dont know, but today up to now 5 or 6 games iv had one shut down mid game lost conection to host then the server is down but i got straight back on very low numbers on line less than 50,000 the game is running fine tho still the odd wtf but i would expect that, the past few weeks have been the best for me since launch i hope it continues .

TheRandyNinja

Im not saying it was the update but this game is running like complete crap for me all day have yet to have 1 good game.

that sucks iv realy struggled with this game sometimes i feel like its so much hard work. i cant realy give you any advise, the switch everything off and give it an hour sometimes works

TheRandyNinja

i dobt swithcing everything off will improve the shabby netcode and the poor matchmaking me and my friends are waiting for the hotfix to try and improve the matchmaking if that dosent fix it then were all off.. theres 6 of us all on VM  with bb ranging from 100-120 meg all with amazing ping. the truth is we even lag when playing spec ops survival so its just crappy copy and paste code utilization. not worth crying about tho we know from now on not to bother buying elite untill we test the game out in future.