13 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2012 2:02 PM by smokesdope RSS

Sub Par game Development

formula57

Yesterday, I had my house completely rewired, new wires from the main box all the way up to my house.  New router, new boxes for TV. Pulling 25mbs down and 12 up.  Ping is anywhere between 9-12.  Took damn near 12 hours to finish the job done by several At&t techs.

 

Turned on some MW3 today.  Downloaded some update (still don't know what its for).  Still getting shot from people who don't even show up on my screen.  Emptying mags into people before they even start shooting, yet i still die from that one  Threw in MW2 for ***** and giggles.  Runs pristine other than the hacks.  WAW pristine also (again the hacks).  Black Ops never had a problem with and still don't.  The game seems to run vetter than it did.

 

My connection before was never bad, only with this game. I opted to optimize my system and pay the extra buck to make my internet experience better. Still the only game that has problems is this pos.

 

Truth of the matter is that this game was thrown together in a short amount of time, by sub par devs.  What have we had? 12-13 title updates?  None of them have fixed the problem.  Just admit it IW, Sledgehammer, and whoever else had their hands in this pot.  You don't know what the problem is and you don't know what to do to fix it.  Stop releasing all these updates that only further hadicap us players.

  • Re: Sub Par game Development
    zingaa

    haha, you did all that for a video game? I have a suggestiion, trade it in and move on...

     

     

    btw, game seems to work just fine for me

    • Re: Sub Par game Development
      formula57

      not just for this game, but it assured me that the problem is within this game.  ONLY this game.

      • Re: Sub Par game Development
        six6sixsin

        formula57 wrote:

         

        not just for this game, but it assured me that the problem is within this game.  ONLY this game.

        hmm.... words are slowly failing.  Your rage is growing.... and your a noob.

         

        Theres no issues with this game, its gonna either be your net itself, the people your playing with (causing you to get worse and worse lobbies based on the connections) or your nets not open and thats going to kill your lobbies massively.  I've played this game since Modern Warfare compeditively and not-so-compeditively, theres nothing wrong with it when it comes to the connections.  Also if BOps is working just great for you.... you do understand that BOps and MW3 are on the same servers, right?

  • Re: Sub Par game Development
    starbuckfrack

    formula57 wrote:

     

    Yesterday, I had my house completely rewired, new wires from the main box all the way up to my house.  New router, new boxes for TV. Pulling 25mbs down and 12 up.  Ping is anywhere between 9-12.  Took damn near 12 hours to finish the job done by several At&t techs.

     

    Turned on some MW3 today.  Downloaded some update (still don't know what its for).  Still getting shot from people who don't even show up on my screen.  Emptying mags into people before they even start shooting, yet i still die from that one  Threw in MW2 for ***** and giggles.  Runs pristine other than the hacks.  WAW pristine also (again the hacks).  Black Ops never had a problem with and still don't.  The game seems to run vetter than it did.

     

    My connection before was never bad, only with this game. I opted to optimize my system and pay the extra buck to make my internet experience better. Still the only game that has problems is this pos.

     

    Truth of the matter is that this game was thrown together in a short amount of time, by sub par devs.  What have we had? 12-13 title updates?  None of them have fixed the problem.  Just admit it IW, Sledgehammer, and whoever else had their hands in this pot.  You don't know what the problem is and you don't know what to do to fix it.  Stop releasing all these updates that only further hadicap us players.

    The update was an Elite map patch for people that couldnt get them.

     

    Find it pretty odd that you did all the rewiring the day BEFORE this patch. So did they also tear holes in your walls etc etc. Must have really cost you a bundle.

     

    What are you going to do before TU-15 comes out ? Buy a new house ?

     

    The game doesnt need all that fancy stuff to play and having great internet means nothing.

     

    The reason they dont fix the internet issues is because a minor amount of people are crying over this issue.

     

    Wow. What a waste of money. And especially getting it thru ATT. They are so expensive that they charge people basic phone service without long distance and they charge 35 bucks a months for it.

     

    You should have never gotten ATT.

     

    As for MW2 running prestine. You lie. MW3 runs better than MW2. MW2 has people popping up all over. people oneshotting you from a pistol. People hopping all over the screen, 3 bar players lagging like hell.

     

    This is one of the best BS posts I have read in a while though. Good job.

    • Re: Sub Par game Development
      deucedouglas

      starbuckfrack wrote:

       

      As for MW2 running prestine. You lie. MW3 runs better than MW2. MW2 has people popping up all over. people oneshotting you from a pistol. People hopping all over the screen, 3 bar players lagging like hell.

       

      I was going to reply to that statement but your last sentence summed up my thoughts on said statement.

      starbuckfrack wrote:

       

      This is one of the best BS posts I have read in a while though. Good job.

       

      Both MW2 and Black Ops run prestine. The only time I lagged in those games was when I was in a lobby with a foreign host. In MW3, I always have the feeling that I'm about a full second behind everything that is going on. I can go back and play MW2 and Black Ops and basically feel like I'm an Assault Jugg with the amount of damage I can take. Playing those games is actually frustrating because it reminds you of how much better MW3 could be if it had the same connectivity as the game two years it's prior.

      • Re: Sub Par game Development
        starbuckfrack

        For me MW3 runs well . really not any WTF moments.

         

        Black Ops runs good as well for me.

         

        But since I took a break from BF3 and ran MW2, MW3 and Blops for the past two weeks I could say that out of all three MW2 runs bad.

         

        Like in MW2 on the sub map. I am going around the back and no one can see me running along the wall and jumping on a crate. I am running ghost (whatever).

        The problem was not that a guy knew I was there but he was at least 30 feet away inside the buidling on the other side of the door all of a sudden he was shooting up and killing me.

        What hapened right before that was that he shot me once thru the metal wall. I dont rmember that being able to happen with anything. But I could be wrong.

         

        I have had to slow down my pace and do some other things in MW2 to get used to the game play but you can see some major differences between rounds. Things like "fast reload" isnt always the same speed, as well as many other things people here are saying about MW3.

         

        Overall my ratings on net connections, etc. its Blops is best , MW3 comes a close second , and MW2 comes lowest.

         

        I am going to try them all over the next two weeks since I own all the CODs. But considering what the past two weeks have shown MW2 has taken a step down. It used to never be that bad for me.

         

        But thats all present opinion that could change. Getting used to each games gameplay speed does take time and I could be judging some prematurely. I honestly think that once I play each one throughout the month they will all have the same faults.

         

        BTW I hate MW2 because I am so used to theater mode in every round

  • Re: Sub Par game Development
    starbuckfrack

    BTW I bet the guys at ATT who made their bonuses are laughing right now because you fell for their BS that it would improve the game.

  • Re: Sub Par game Development

    AT&T's services are garbage.  Step your ISP game up bro!

  • Re: Sub Par game Development
    Thedestoyer

    I have Xfinity and for me the game runs just fine. No renovation required.

  • Re: Sub Par game Development
    smokesdope

    Have to say this game runs fine for me there are the odd WTF moments but few and far between after all it is over the net and a little lag from time to time is expected. But never that bad where I've though about throwing the game away .

        Went back to blops and I have to admit it is a lot worse MW3 seems to run fine for me must just be lucky.