34 Replies Latest reply: Apr 19, 2012 7:19 AM by that6uy420 RSS

Todays update sucks

Not one to complain and rant about lag b/c most of the time I can overcome it with different play styles but after doing the update this morning I have never had so much lag before. It literally is taking 75% of my clip (AK47) to kill somebody standing still. Also this morning have had numerous instances where I'm shooting a QSer in DZ and after I empty have my clip into him standing still he turns on me and kills me in one shot....This is the first time I'm going to say this but at this point the game truly is unplayable for me.

• Re: Todays update sucks
    zvers

Welcome to the club....

I honestly thought a lot of people were just over exagerating about the lag they are having but now I see what they are all talking about and it really is impossible to have a fair game.

tsloop8324 wrote:

I honestly thought a lot of people were just over exagerating about the lag they are having but now I see what they are all talking about and it really is impossible to have a fair game.

Nobody believes it until they notice their own games getting ruined by it.

ghorman

They stated the update was only for future DLC and the issue with downloading Elite maps, nothing else.

SheSaidNo

I think when they state those things, it's just a public press release.  The truth is they can do whatever they want and not inform anyone.  If I were to guess on past TU releases, they've just been switching the lag back and forth taking turns with who gets screwed.  From a business standpoint, when you can't fix the problem, best to offset who you anger so at least everyone wins once and while.  Hence, people keep playing even though they're frustrated half the time.

Placebo effect anyone? Todays update was to fix the problem some folk were having, where they couldn't download the new maps sanctuary and foundation; nothing else was touched.

They are planning on changing the matchmaking back to MW2 style soon, but it hasn't been touched yet.

Like some replied to you earlier, welcome to the club.  When that happens I do like everyone else leave the game, because it's telling you of things to come.

I can assure you it was not a placebo effect. My stats reflect that I don't get trashed every single game. But today after I download an update I suddenly can't kill anyone?

It has smoothed out now a little bit. Changed lobbies and game mode and it isn't as bad but still a good bit worse than previous days.

starbuckfrack

tsloop8324 wrote:

I can assure you it was not a placebo effect. My stats reflect that I don't get trashed every single game. But today after I download an update I suddenly can't kill anyone?

It has smoothed out now a little bit. Changed lobbies and game mode and it isn't as bad but still a good bit worse than previous days.

I am freinds with some of the upper people at Activision. Trust me you did not download an update for lag comp.

You could be suffering from having a bad day at the game to having your ISP acting up.

Cmon, dont look foolish.

AsmodeousNZ87

Agreed, or.... now make sure your sitting down for this one cause it might rock some of your worlds...... With an update coming down it puts extra strain on the servers, possibly affecting matchmaking.... like when any TU comes down..... Maybe just maybe this caused some laggy/poorly matched games until update has been widely downloaded, not everyone gets it at the same time.

I know i know so hard to believe

starbuckfrack

tsloop8324 wrote:

Not one to complain and rant about lag b/c most of the time I can overcome it with different play styles but after doing the update this morning I have never had so much lag before. It literally is taking 75% of my clip (AK47) to kill somebody standing still. Also this morning have had numerous instances where I'm shooting a QSer in DZ and after I empty have my clip into him standing still he turns on me and kills me in one shot....This is the first time I'm going to say this but at this point the game truly is unplayable for me.

You are the victim of the placebo effect.

This upfate patched the game so some Elite members can download their maps.

That was it. Not an update for nay kind of lag comp.

What you are suffering from is a morning of bad connections.

deucedouglas

That probably means I was a victim of the placebo affect when they actually did try to update and fix the issues with the lag comp because I actually thought it was getting better. Unfortunately, the lag comp now is no better than it was at release.

dempsey007

dont think it had nothing to do with lag today as im just the same some lobbys suck some dont need to make the match making better

lilbaily2

back out of a lobby and try again if you are thrown in one at 100ms

Wow - probably a just a coincidence but after this update I had 4 out of the last 10 games when I'm running around and I either

a) Teleport back about 1-2 seconds to where I was or

b) teleport into a brick wall...

I also got a black banner whilst in the lobby saying something like 'Connection to XBox live server interupted...', never seen that particular graphic before (it wasn't the standard 'Connection to server timed out' dialog box, instead it was solid black bar running all the way across the screen - looked low level, i.e. not an MW3 graphic).

I'm wondering if there are some XBL issues at the moment which is causing the glitches.

what was the update does anyone know?

Nothing to do with the placebo effect.

Whatever it is going on this evening has been the worst experience since November last year. Before tonight I strung in some good matches never going negative and finishing of with a nice 26-1. Tried around twenty matches tonight and got hammered by stupid spawns and insta kills. Lobbies weren't right either as it took nearly a minute just to balance the teams........

Rednecksniper39

That is a complete coincidence. The update today had nothing to do with lag or anything else. The update today was purely for the Elite problems.

I wasn't saying it had anything to do with an update. What I'm saying is this, people are using the term placebo effect which is a mental term used to describe one thinking something is not right when in reality it is.

Regardless of what last nights problems have been be it network conditions or whatever, you can't use placebo effect when it takes a minute to balance teams and every game is completely one sided.

Rednecksniper39

I wouldn't not call it the placebo effect. People just seem to use the update as a scapegoat.

starbuckfrack

bigbang46 wrote:

I wasn't saying it had anything to do with an update. What I'm saying is this, people are using the term placebo effect which is a mental term used to describe one thinking something is not right when in reality it is.

Regardless of what last nights problems have been be it network conditions or whatever, you can't use placebo effect when it takes a minute to balance teams and every game is completely one sided.

OR... used to describe one thinking all IS right when it really isnt.

such as giving a patient a suger pill and all of a sudden they feel better. Its usually used to help the whiny patients to stop constantly complaining.

In THIS case everything is turned backwards . The player assumes the update was a lag fix and blames normal game issues on that patch. He is blaming something that never was done.

OP dont worry Activision put out an invisible patch that doesnt show up, they said it takes about 2 more days to fix it

Rednecksniper39

starbuckfrack wrote:

OP dont worry Activision put out an invisible patch that doesnt show up, they said it takes about 2 more days to fix it

Actualy I put the patch out myself just so people would have something else to complain about.

that6uy420

placebo effect is a term, yes, it doesn't mean what you think it means though.  Just as was said by starbuck would be correct.  You all are fishing so hard to find an answer to why you get killed sometimes...  IW could easily just mention something about a fix in the "works" and innocently let a little slip, if by chance they even play their game, during a live match or something.  Next thing you know they come out with a patch to address some "issues" and then everyone begins to assume it was for what had been "leaked" during a live match.  Everyone begins to think they are all of a sudden playing better and we won't hear anything out of them on the forums for a nice extended time.  Now back to the placebo effect...  Everyone playing and feeling like the "works" had been fixed when in reality nothing had been fixed at all...  these people are experiencing what we in the science field would call....  the placebo effect.

well not sure what the patch was, but something is amis. my last 4 games were rather confusing. 2 I was host and I couldn't get a break so I left the game(not dashboard).

The other 2 were about the same, but what was confusing me was I was hearing all sorts of crap. I could hear explosions that sounded right next to me, but there was nothing. I could hear someone shooting, but nothing was hitting me.

It was really distracting and made it hard to even play. basically the sound was out of sink with my game.

I feel your pain I don't lag often but when I play SND I constantly lag and have a 1 bar even though I have a 4 bar every other game I play. There has been times were I would be the last man left and I wouldn't be able to defuse a planted bomb because I wouldn't be able to pick up the bomb or I would continullesly drop the bomb when I actually was able to pick it up.

deucedouglas

Something's definitely up today. I got into a ton of lobbies where it would spend like a minute and a half trying to balance teams. Not to mention it is still excrutiatingly long to find lobbies with DLC activated.

WNSA

Its all in your heads. Quit blaming lag comp every time you get owned.

estrelinha11

everytime it disconnect me and cant connect or sometimes i play alone and see all others get disconnected

this happend since last update it have to do with that update before never had such errors

that6uy420

Like with any other game/MMO/whatever...  You can ALWAYS expect lag immediately after a patch.  Expecting your gameplay to be all rainbows and butterflies is pure lunacy and it will NEVER happen...  I've yet to see any game that comes out with a patch that hasn't had issues the day following said patch. 

mjw3786

was chatting with a friend i used to play this with

we've given up on this game, but clearly many have not.

why do you keep playing a broken game? i liked it too, when it wasn't unplayable. there is no better way to send a message to a game developer than to STOP PLAYING THEIR GAME.

just stop. i know you're addicted. been there, done that. play something else. go outside. you can do it.

this is trash and they don't deserve any more attention for this broken game