32 Replies Latest reply: Apr 19, 2012 12:12 PM by CRA1G1690 RSS

Call of Duty Elite is now amazing

Might just be the first to say this bit I'm now 100% happy with my purchase and for 2 reasons...

The improve part, if you don't know what this is its a bit in Elite which shows you how well you do in every map, gives you tips on how to set up classes based on your gameplay (at least I think its based on mine) and shows you spawns etc. I only found this part yesterday after really diving into it and it is very helpful so if you haven't already checked it out take a look.

The now more frequent Clan-ops of course, just finished one tonight and damn was it good, kill confirmed where almost every player played the objective and made for some cracking games and I mean cracking, what a session that was and possibly one of the best in my 4 year long cod career.

To top it off I am now one happy bunny, thank you IW/SH for something I have longed for since the beginning of this franchise, oorah!!!

• Re: Call of Duty Elite is now amazing

I agree, it's nice to have someone who actually enjoys the game like I do. It's one of the best cod games, yet people have to whine like little babies until they get everything they want. Now Elite is a great idea, it just should have never been released yet, because it has so many flaws. In my opinion, Elite should offer a lot more for its relatively high cost. As of right now, I am very displeased with this Elite scam scandal.

I absolutely love the game now, hated it at first because I'm a treyarch fanboy but given time it has grown on me and now that Elite is up and running at possibly 100% it has made it even better, tonight's experience was outstanding.

leathafacexii

Call of Duty World at War in my opinion was amazing; Treyarch, much better.

But I do agree, Kill Confirmed tonight was awesome.  It seemed as if for the first time since I can remember the majority of  players in each lobby went HARD; did not seem to matter if they had a 3.50 k/d ratio or a .30. players went for it for a change which was refreshing.  Maybe it was just a coincidence

Personally, I think they should take away our ability to view each member's k/d ratio in the pre-game lobby.  Seems to sike  people out in a way.

Yes, WAW was amazing and in my opinion the best cod ever and as for the HARD thing, I heard that in lobbies so many times the night it had me laughing my ass off, every game it was, damn that clan went hard, the funny thing is we didn't go hard, that was our normal game we played.

leathafacexii

For my case I did not literally mean "HARD," but I am sure there were groups out there that were having clan "meetings" before the clan-op!

Speaking of "HARD."  I was in a pre-game lobby and was listening to a full group (clan) argue over why their "plays" did not work...they literally had set plays (like a football playbook) for each map, and what made it better they even had names for each play i.e. "computer-blue, etc.." 

The fact they were beyond special-ed as players made it a bit more humorous

iivrruummii

I think Clan-ops is stupid.  I rather have a 6v6 clan playlist based more on the skill than just going into every game capping flags or or going for kills.  Hopefully BO2 has a clan playlist, it would be the best track to bring back competitive gaming.

xbevz

CRA1G1690 wrote:

Might just be the first to say this bit I'm now 100% happy with my purchase and for 2 reasons...

The improve part, if you don't know what this is its a bit in Elite which shows you how well you do in every map, gives you tips on how to set up classes based on your gameplay (at least I think its based on mine) and shows you spawns etc. I only found this part yesterday after really diving into it and it is very helpful so if you haven't already checked it out take a look.

The now more frequent Clan-ops of course, just finished one tonight and damn was it good, kill confirmed where almost every player played the objective and made for some cracking games and I mean cracking, what a session that was and possibly one of the best in my 4 year long cod career.

To top it off I am now one happy bunny, thank you IW/SH for something I have longed for since the beginning of this franchise, oorah!!!

I'm happy with both game and elite, Elite is really useful for many things as you've mentioned and also if your in a lobby with the same players for a while, you can check out their load outs etc and try and gain the upper hand.

The only real complaint I have with Elite is I find it a bit slow running at times, although this could be an issue my end.

starbuckfrack

CRA1G1690 wrote:

Too bad you didnt get the beta. You could have known sooner.

I like how you can highlite each kill with your mouse and see exactly what you used and whwhere the enmy is at when you killed him, etc. etc. You can just scroll the mouse along the timeline at the bottom.

Too bad I had to reinstall windows because the Elite page for me is blank. I cant remember what I am missing to see it. So far All I remember is to install flash.

But it is great little things here and there that make it cool. I just assumed it would take a look at your gameplay and suggest what class work with your weakpoints.

Elite 2.0 should have something like your veiw in a thumbnail each time you killed someone on the timeline .

rankismet

starbuckfrack wrote:

CRA1G1690 wrote:

Too bad you didnt get the beta. You could have known sooner.

I like how you can highlite each kill with your mouse and see exactly what you used and whwhere the enmy is at when you killed him, etc. etc. You can just scroll the mouse along the timeline at the bottom.

Too bad I had to reinstall windows because the Elite page for me is blank. I cant remember what I am missing to see it. So far All I remember is to install flash.

But it is great little things here and there that make it cool. I just assumed it would take a look at your gameplay and suggest what class work with your weakpoints.

Elite 2.0 should have something like your veiw in a thumbnail each time you killed someone on the timeline .

The beta has been better than Elite 1.0.

I'm still very, very disappointed how they made clan ops function by ignoring the clan aspect... not to mention the lack of HC clan ops.

But I mainly bought Elite for the DLC... and that has been the single largest disappointment. I revile the moshpit... so I get to "preview" the maps before the larger map pack release.

Yeah...

... that met my expectations.

Elite has not been worth the money for me to date.

Like you Ran I also purchased Elite only for the DLC but that seems to be the worst part about it, I despise the moshpit crap they give us so new maps will only apply to me when they are introduced to the regular playlist, the clan ops are making me very happy though.

scolia5044

I myself love Elite and have since the the begining the Improve aspect of Elite has really helped my K/D it wasn't just about the maps with me they were actually a bonus

starbuckfrack

rankismet

I dont use clan ops at all so that does make me blind to that issue.

So yeah you can call me one sided because of that.

But i also bought it for the DLC so I dont have to keep buying points every 3 months

moshpits do suck, mstly but I only play TDM and Drop zone when I do play.

PS I rebought MW2 since I stupidly traded it in once. And it plays just like MW3, except the issues happen twice as fast. People hoppin around, people coming out of no where, yada yada yada. Blops still plays pretty well overall as long as you dont get all of those split screeners in the game.

Funny thing is that I also been playing Blops for the past week and the maps feel more real to me as a player. If I am on the golf course it feels like I am on the course. But MW3 maps just seem so "cardboard"

But MW2 even though I miss all the maps, DO feel as real as the Blops maps but the gameplay, sync issues , etc in MW2 feel exactly the same as MW3.

In MW2 you can still see the one bar players doing there thing and when its 3 and 4 bars you can still see the framerates jump or freeze randomly.

Its sad. The IW name really seems to be living up to its old reputation.

WNSA

I'm happy with Elite. Some people just complain non stop about every little thing that goes wrong, trying to paint the service as broken.

starbuckfrack

WNSA wrote:

I'm happy with Elite. Some people just complain non stop about every little thing that goes wrong, trying to paint the service as broken.

Well you do have to admit that Rankismet is right putting the new maps into moshpits do actually destroy the taste of the new maps.

Its like only 1 Chili's offering a new sandwich because they are using the customer as guinea pigs to test out their new special sauce. Then 3 months later they release the sandwich to all the restaraunts and no sign of that special sauce that everyone hated.

but if you think rankismet is one of those people that whine over every little thing, trust me he doesnt. He makes some valid points. Sometimes

and he is right . The BETA felt better.

dukeskywalkert

people have a right to complain when something goes wrong,but with elite nothing has been right since its release.i have had nothing but problems,lone wolf ops and events dont show up on the website but clan ops do.i havnt been able to change my locale since launch but i could in the beta.clan ops being cancelled midwady through due to "technical difficulties",and its still not tracking stats properly(waitng to hear back from beach head on that 1).Elite is a failure,alot was falsely advertised,if it wasnt then people would not be getting refunds for it!

it may work properly for some people but for the majority it doesnt,just look at how many posts appear on here everyday complaining about it.this is one of the 1st posts i have seen praising it and to me that says everything.

To be honest, I didnt't care too much about Clan Ops at first. That was until I actually participated in it. Our clan did the first clan op few weeks ago, and it was simply a blast. I was on the verge of giving up on this game, but the clan op added a true competitive element to the game. If the devs are more vigilant about the cheaters in the Clan Ops, it would be even more amazing. Also, I've noticed that the connection is superb (when on a four bar), just the way it should be.

There's a few nice features:

Map videos

Create a class from PC or iPod

Tracked Challenges, lets me focus on a few at time

MUPHinATHONG

I have a couple things I would like to point out.. not trying to rain on your parade, just my opinion, and I think it is pretty understandable and easily relatable.

1) The custom class opinion in the "improve" section of Elite is not based on your personal playstyle. It is merely a suggested class to use on the map. This being said, if suggested classes is something that interests you, you could easily find youtube videos of players with far more skill and expertise than Sledgehammer to give you Create a Class advice. With THIS being said, it should not be something that is a benefit of paying for Elite, as one can get this information for free on youtube.

2) Clan-ops took 6 months to get here.... and they still don't operate as expected. Every day @CallOfDutyElite sends out a tweet along the lines of "we are terribly sorry for everyone not being able to _________" or "we are sorry for anyone that has been experiencing _______, we are working to get a fix within the next _____". It's over and over, every day.

3) Clan-ops are nothing special. It is a lone wolf competition that tracks 6 players as a team rather than 1 person by themselves. And from what I've seen, the winning team doesn't even play as a clan, that way they can get more points from 6 games simultaneously. With that being said, the prize is a "digital badge" more often than not. With THAT being said, Clan-ops are not worth the price tag associated with it.

4) IW/SH talked up Elite way too much, and the sad thing is, most people don't even realize it. A full video game costs $60. Elite was talked up to be the most ground-breaking service associated with a video game, and yet it is nothing more than a glorified combat record that you can use to show off your digital badges. The service is worth $30... not $60. And if you throw out the argument that you also get free DLC, that's not true. Someone paying for Elite bought Elite and the maps for $60. A person buying just the maps spends $45. So in turn, you spent $15 on a stat checker. Battlefield and Halo offer this service for free..

Just my 2 cents. Feel free to bring down my post, but if you think about it, these are all facts. I'm not just talking out of my a$$.

That's ok and just your opinion, obviously I disagree with you on most but I cant be bothered arguing any of your points other than the price thing, I only paid £29 for 4000 MS points, if it was individual packs I would have bought 3 2100 point cards at about £15 each so have actually saved money for the maps and also get all these little extras thrown in for what I consider as free.

I too am now happy with ELiTE; everything we were promised has now been delivered, with the exception of clan challenges, but with the way clan ops are going I really don't mind not having that.

The game itself on the other hand.......well, lets just say the lag is really getting to me now; hoping against hope that this "reverting back to mw2 style matchmaking" will finally make the game playable.

All in all, providing DLC will once again be included in ELiTE 2.0; I will certainly be buying it for Blops 2 (BTW, off topic, but has anyone seen the leaked marketting poster? I got a feelijg on that one guys, keep your eyes peeled for 5th of May )

CowboySr

I am glad Elite has come along way. I participated in the beta. I will continue to buy it because we run a full clan that stays in touch and runs ops and Id buy the map packs anyway. But lets not forget so quickly what a mess of crap its been up until a week ago when the ops started showing up regularly.  This is a service we paid for half a year ago that is just now getting its act together. Im just saying that the majority of the time put into any 1 year shelf-life game, is in its first 4-6 months, and during that time for this game, elite was a pile of dung. You souldnt forget these things or else they wont care for the making of the next one either.  What reprecusssions have they had from this? What penalties have they paid? What compensation have they given back to you?  These are questions you should ask yourself as a consumer.

Unlike a lot of people here I only purchased it the day before public release of the DLC quite simply because it would save me money in the long run so only had 3 weeks of thinking this an absolute waste of time due to hardly and clan-ops and them being on at stupid times.

One question as a consumer I would like answered is my Elite runs for one full year so will that include Bops DLC or do I have 4-5 months of just the web app?

Agreed; we really do need some kind of guarantee that the first 6 months of ELiTE will not be repeated next year with ELiTE 2.0