16 Replies Latest reply: Apr 21, 2012 4:38 PM by trialstardragon RSS

Black Out?

trialstardragon

So where is this mighty black out that was meant to show IW and activsion that the community would not be denied. That that community was CoD and their demands would be heard and listened too? I was just playing the game and there was over 300K on playing the game. So where did the so called black out go? It does not seem it did anything. I do not notice any changes other than I can only find games at 150ms now where before I could at least find 100ms games. Other than that, I do not see any of the mighty demands for change being implemented in the game as the so called black out video called for and demanded need to be done. That the video and it's creator spoke for the community, and the community would not be denied, because they were CoD.

It seems as if the black out was a failure and did nothing like it tried to claim it would.

• Re: Black Out?

The whole " Event" was a laughable notion from the start. It just seems like some people are too stupid to realize if you want to hurt a company you do it by not buying their merchandise, "refusing" to play the game for a day doesn't matter. Thank you for pointing out how uneventful that failure of a movement was.

trialstardragon

I agree with what you say and I have always tried to express this point of view. As toward the event I felt it needed to be said for everyone that foolishly clamored and thought it would amount to something when the truth was before their eyes that it would not ever ammount to anything.

mangofish78

I didn't even know there was gonna be a protest until the day itself(yesterday), not that it would've made much difference. The game has issues but its still an excellent game. The organiser of this 'black out' protest should focus his efforts on high-lighting whatever issues people may have and making the developers aware of this. Although, saying that, maybe the developers will take note now theres been a protest.

trialstardragon

The developers knew about the protest for weeks before it was ever going to happen. It had bene stated on youtube and other places and even here for nearly 2-3 weeks before this day ever came about.

Many of the things have been stated and ranted and raved and whined about on these forums and nothing has been done about most if any of them and most likely nothing will ever be done about them either at this stage in the games lifespan.

The whole idea was to scare the devs and force them to listen to the communitites demands and make the game the way the so called community wanted it. Yet time has proven time and time again, that the community in general does not really know what it wants or should have in a game. Just individuals upset that their previous skill sets no longer work as well in this game as they did in the last game.

The same as how Halo 3 so called veterans cried about Halo: Reach and all the changes it had in the game and how those changes ruined the game for the Halo 3 so called veterans.

This black out thread was nothing more than the so called CoD veterans trying to force the developers of the game to make the game play and function only how they wanted it to. They did not speak for the community as a whole as they tried to claim and never did, and never will. Yet they tried to act as if they did and to act like the developers who made this game had to listen to them when truth be told the developers do not have to listen to a think we say here ever if they chose not too.

The fact that they listen at all to some things is a miracle in itself. When realy they could come here and tell everyone just to stuff it and accept it how it was or quit playing.

Who the hell came up with that idea?

Clearly they don't have a brain.

anoreo

Double XP happened.

trialstardragon

that was not because of the black out threat. That was beacuse of ps3 getting the maps. Which as you remember when xbox got the maps xbox got dxp. So it has no relationship at all to the so called black out threat.

maccabi

the blackout failed due to one simple thing.. the entire "protest" was i already bought the game but im not going to play, It's abit like filling your car up with Gas and then not driving it in protest of gas prices.

sure a few minor desperate for anything news worthy sites made a few comments and a few yt idiots mentioned it as anything remotely bandwagonable they will jump on for views..

and Activision switched on double xp

problem was they went about it entirely wrong, in a way that wouldnt affect Activision or worry them at all.

*disclaimer i didnt play yesterday as im currently away not because i was showing solidarity

trialstardragon

I know what your saying Mac and I agree. Plus the day chosen was just stupid or poorly thought out.

I tried many times to tell people that it would not matter, it would not change anything for the simple fact that IW and Activision already had the money of the players so would not care if players did not play for one day.

Plus the dxp was about ps3 getting the maps and not really about the black out threat.

are you stupid? there is double XP, oh the same day, what a coincidence??? be realistic, even person like me who was ready to blacked out wasn"t stupid enough to do it on a such event. not that I care for xp, I ended my prestiges, but I know that is a waste of time. peoples who manage this black out should have change the day when they notice the activision poker move... but they didn't do it, so there is no way to known if this could have worked...

maccabi

earthwormjim357 wrote:

are you stupid? there is double XP, oh the same day, what a coincidence??? be realistic,

what you mean the double xp weekend we always historically get when another platform gets a dlc drop?

bubbacake

I'd say a blackout would only work if 99% percent of players across every system just stopped playing. Not for just a day, but just stopped. In fact, sold the game on eBay or craigslist, you know what I mean?

Just stop everything Call of Duty related.

trialstardragon

The chance of that happening is about 1,000,000,000 to 1.  There would still be someone buying those games and playing the game and IW would still be making money of the sells of any dlc that those new players bought.

anoreo

For a black out to be successful, you need an overwhelming majority of support. Sure, back in the old days of, say, '99 Blackouts would be useless since there was no such thing as patches/DLC. The fact is, if people aren't around for DLC, Activision will be thinking twice. DLC numbers are the numbers that count, not the sales of the actual game.

Then again, there is the whole ELITE DLC handling so maybe that won't work either.

Cheezbrger

No one I talked to about it online yesterday even knew what I was talking about