27 Replies Latest reply: Jun 6, 2012 1:42 PM by steelwalker89 RSS

The 55's  "The True Prestige" Accepting Apps.

http://www.the55s.com/

Welcome soldier, you are taking the first steps towards becoming one of the legendary 55′s.  We shall point you the way but it is up to you to read, listen watch and learn.  We are no ordinary clan I assure you and we have been rollin high across the world since 2007.

We are very well known and respected throughout the gaming lands and this is down to the activity and conduct of our brothers and sisters at The 55′s.

So first things first.

If you want to join the 55′s you will have to first Sign Up to the site with your PSN as your username. Fill out our Application Form with the following information. http://www.the55s.com/

(1) Your PSN name.

(2) Your age. (You must be at least 17 years old)

(3) Where applicable Your COD4:MW rank, COD:WAW rank, COD:MW2 rank, COD:BO rank and your COD:MW3 rank.[You must NOT prestige, AND you are not actively operating a separate prestige account]

(4) Your country of origin.

(5) How did you hear about us?

(6) Do you have a mic?

(7) Tell us abit about yourself and your interests.

(8)If someone invited you to join the clan, please state his/her name.

The 55s is a PS3 Call of Duty clan for people who are NON-Prestige.  Why ? well because we are above statistics.  A 55 plays for the team not for himself.  Statistics such as K/D bare no relevance here.  We expect our soldiers to sacrafice themselves on the battlefield for the greater good of the clan.

Our goal is to create a fun group of people that game together. We have practices a couple times weekly, and are a very active clan.

We arrange matches from the casual friendly’s to the more serious clan battles/leagues and everything in-between, so whether you’re a hardcore gamer or a relative newcomer seeking to improve your game you should be right at home here.

• Re: The 55's  "The True Prestige" Accepting Apps.

We currently support Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, and Call of Duty: World at War  for the Sony PlayStation 3 (PS3)

In which each member is a level 80, 50, 70, 55 and 65 respectively that refuses to “go prestige”. We are made up of people from all over the world, and are always expanding our forces.

Omg lmao you do know this is only a game!!

i_m_c01

"Welcome solider" LMAO.

Members can't have another account, how are you going to monitor that exactly?.

You take it that serious, then go join the Army.

I am in the Army guy.. I'm deploying for my second time in a couple of months. How about you and all these other mincers show my clan a little respect and stop being negative on this thread when all my buddy is trying to do is to get some more guys or girls to come join in on the fun. This clan is made up of ppl all over the world that just want to have fun playing COD. There is no reason for you ppl to be talking bad about us. Especially when you are speaking to veterans

i_m_c01

You didn't even have a post till now, I was responding to the original OP.

If he had put the post in the correct forum I would have let him be.

You call me as well as other people mincers, great start for someone thats asking for a little respect. How about none.

I don't know what your regiment does for pre operational training, but I know my regiment didn't have the time to mince around playing the PS3, we were actually doing operational training, especially in the 3 to 4 months leading upto deployment.

Don't throw that veteran card of yours around so easily next time pal.

And post in the correct forum, you'll find the option to do that in the top right because the OP can actually move it.

We do nothing but train but I have the night "pal". I can throw my veterans card around, I can throw my purple heart around as well if you would like. But mainly my screaming eagle patch does most of my talking for me. If you were in a regiment then that means you are a POG which also means you aren't sh!t.

i_m_c01

Your eagle badge can talk? Well I've got to admit, the British Army definitely doesn't have talking badges, but we do have something called modesty. Your purple heart, for getting shot right? Whoop whoop, you got shot. We tend to just get on with the job when we can if that happens. We don't need a medal to say "hey look at me, I got shot, I'm a hero".

Your right, we are not ****, we are very good and everyone in the British Army is in a regiment.

But back to the point, which you keep missing, you can't be any good at recce cos you've missed the point twice now, move the post to clan recruitment.

The purpose of the clan is that we do not prestoge, one of the reasons being, - and this is not directed t you don't worry - due to the massive ego fights that break out between people of certain pretiges against those who aren't. Unless pretige offered something truly game changing, I'm afraid our values won't either.

This has been a tradition of this clan for night on 4 years, and we are possibly one of the longest serving COD clans out there for the PS3.

But thanks for the interest if you're not planning on joining

If anything, stats like KD cause ego related arguments, not prestige level as this only shows the amount of time you have spent playing the game. Ehh...Your clan, your decision.

NINJAEUT3

Everyone knows or should know prestige and rank are no indication of skill level and are for the soul reason of replay value. The ego fights you speak of contend to a persons KD ratio only and ability to use spicific weapons. So your no prestige rule is busted and flawed right from the start and more so a lame excuse to make people Waiste hours in potential gained xp on NOTHING. Second of all the don't use another account nonsense is laughable  and controlling. How would you possibly even know lmao you wouldn't and I promise you with no info on your members that almost all of them probably have another account if they had to follow that bullshit cop out of a rule.. Your clan is known you say.. Known for what a bunch of control freaks who think they can tell everyone who paid for there games not to play them as intended.. Wow I would never want to be a part of something like that. 

i_m_c01

Not met anyone with a ego due to high prestiges, guys in our clan have got the max prestige for now and they don't have a ego. Like swowrndeath wrote, it's pretty much time spent on game.

By the way, your recruiting should be done in the Recruitment Hub, not the PS3 Forum.

Thanks for the interest.

tehpgtipsy

I take it you people were never aroudn in the days of COD4 or the IWForums, where prestige level was totted around like it meant you were Gods gift. Like having a high prestige level meant your manly parts were so much bigger and better than eveyone elses.

Fact is, they weren't then, and they definately aren't now. This clan has been around for more than 5 years now, and it one of, if not the longest, surivig clan from the IWForum era.

Shame that some of the cynical and aggresive views of the community haven't changed one bit.

pwright45

When you make a bumptious, self-aggrandizing post on a public forum as the OP did, you've got to expect a few cynical replies.

tehpgtipsy

The only possible bumptious part of the post may have been the 'legendary' wording. The rest of it is truth.

We were more than well known upon the old days of the IWForums, where the community was key. We even ran our own gaming league and had numerous clans on those forums that partook in our league, which ran up until W@W, at which point the community seemed to start fracturing. Long alliances with clans faded with the clans, and soon we were the one of the only clan's surviving those long lost days, along with a select few other such as CDN.

And as of recent alliances seem to be springing up again between clans, we've recently set up scrimmages with Hope, The over 40 clan and LFP, so once again the 55's clan league may again be put in action.

You will find no humbler clan, in victory and defeat. **** talking is not accepted within it whilst gaming with other clans, if it's present it's met swiftly.

We're not a clan, we're a family.

but in mw3 prestiging does indeed give you an advantage... prestige tokens. which you can use to unlock stuff early or earn double xp. so your theory is kind of moot in this cod.

by the way, i totally remember the 55's from cod4. i was one of those gold crosses that thought they were the shizzznit

i could never just NOT prestige... the reason cod is so fun to me is the endless persuit of xp and leveling up.

The 55's too have an endless presuit of XP and lvling up. Its just in weapons not in rank lol. I don't want to give up all of my gold guns

i can definately see the attraction in prestiging ramalama, and you can now earn more than just a tag. for us there is still a lot top play for though. in the end, the 55s are a fun group to hang out with and a blast to play with online. i've been a member for almost three years and i am still loving everything about being part of the clan.

for those contemplating joining, just shoot me a pm if you have any questions.

Dr D

Feels like 2007 all over again

Plain and simple..... You lookin for a great group of guys/gals to play alongside? Check us out www.the55s.com

The 55's is just a solid PS3 clan that focuses on teamwork.

It's not for everyone and that's OK.

If you're interested, check us out at www.the55s.com.

Dr D

Come and join the original clan that made the first COD4 League, be part of the history,the holy 5 stars.

Clan Policy Update

As you may or may not be aware we have been in discussion regards our "no-prestige .... ever" policy for some weeks now. This policy stated that no "prestige" on "any COD" amy apply to be a 55.

After guidance from the clan we have come to a compromise on the issue. We have modified the rule to allow a prospective recruit to go through the application process using their existing "prestiged" account.

After the term for application is complete the applicant can chose either:

1) No thanks but I will stick with my prestige account and mince on.
    2) Can I get an extension, I need a little longer to decide.
    3) Wow the last 5 weeks has been a blast. I want more. I wish to follow the path of redemption.

Ultimately the applicant will still have to be non-prestige before recieving a blessing. But they will have had the oppurtunity to play alongside us with their existing account as they would at any other clan.