36 Replies Latest reply: Apr 23, 2012 3:09 PM by Snipingdbag RSS

The ahole-ness level above just spawn trapping.

Spawn trapping is that moral grey area. This is just ridiculous.

• Re: The ahole-ness level above just spawn trapping.

Oh yeah...that's just being a total douche...

There's no moral grey area with spawn trapping/killing, it's simply a **** move and one of the many things that players do to ruin this game for everyone else.

I've been spawn trapped playing CTF and literally as soon as you spawned they killed you, they locked down every single spwan point we had. Turned out they were a clan who do this in every game. We still won the game and they got a lot of **** in the lobby afterwards and soon left.

Here let me explain it, it's a little something called tactics. Learn it or get you ass handed to you in a silver platter, in reality swat, cops, even the military use the same tactics. Get on the same level or return the game and pick up pacman.

Frank2069 wrote:

... something called tactics... in reality... Get on the same level or return the game and pick up pacman.

Last time I checked, CoD was not the slightest bit realistic or tactical.

The ability to spawn trap is the byproduct of bad respawn design. If I were to play Ms. Pacman, I wouldn't have ghosts respawning on my ass or surround the location of my spawn. Damn I guess a 31 year old game has a better respawn mechanic than this one.

The last time I checked is that this is a war game, and the same tactics that are used in real life war can and are used here, so far the only spawns that are screwed up are when you are playing team deathmatch where you get spawned infront of the enemy team instead around your own. In other game modes spawns work the same as they always have. Don't try to give me excuses on people that lack the ability to play and apply tactics to the game.

Frank2069 wrote:

The last time I checked is that this is a war game, and the same tactics that are used in real life war can and are used here, so far the only spawns that are screwed up are when you are playing team deathmatch where you get spawned infront of the enemy team instead around your own. In other game modes spawns work the same as they always have. Don't try to give me excuses on people that lack the ability to play and apply tactics to the game.

I don't even know what the heck you're talking about. So you're saying that when you respawn and you're immediately killed by a bouncing betty that is pre-placed at your feet that you died to a more skilled player?

If me and my team allow the other team to spawn trap us then yeah its due to the other team being more skilled, that includes being killed by a bouncing Betty at spawn. If that player is good enough to get to our spawn to set one up then its rightfully deserved. Its kill or be killed, hell you can work out of most spawn traps if you are good enough, some are near impossable. So far me and my team have yet to allow the other team to spawn trap us, not saying we haven't lost because we have, just not to the point of being trapped at spawn.

It's their fault for being noobs.

The game doesn't start with one team in the other spawn now does it?  It starts  equal and entirely the fault of bad playing that causes one team to get into the position of being trapped.  Even then, I've joined games when the trapping was already happening, and honestly, it really isn't that hard to get out.

nickzombie wrote:

The game doesn't start with one team in the other spawn now does it?  It starts  equal and entirely the fault of bad playing that causes one team to get into the position of being trapped.  Even then, I've joined games when the trapping was already happening, and honestly, it really isn't that hard to get out.

Right but there's a difference between trapping and guarding the choke point and having a gun pointed at spawn from behind cover/having a bouncing betty at spawn.

You're only partially right. It isn't hard to get out at all on SOME of the maps. However, there's a few maps that don't allow you to get out. Primarily Dome, Hardhat and Bootleg.

nickzombie wrote:

This ^

If you get spawned trapped easily, you're doing something wrong.

ghamorra

It wouldn't be such a problem if these maps weren't so easy to spawn trap. On Dome (as I've said many times) I've seen teams completely lockdown with a full spawn trap in 30sec from the start of a match.

One man can't prevent a spawn trap on his own, and once you get spawn trapped there's no breaking it, because as soon as you spawn you die.

str8gunn1n

I am usually a lone wolf type player and right off the bat the video IMO doesn't reveal enough to call it spawn trapping. I myself have placed a BB in the identical spot with no intention of spawn trapping. Not saying that it wasn't spawn trapping but It doesn't prove that it was.

If you see what is posted above the video, he doesn't necessarily state that it is spawn trapping. What the video shows is someone missing his shots that are aimed in the direction of his target. The attacker dies in his attempt, respawns on top of a bouncing betty, which goes off and kills him again.

It's not spawn trapping so much as it is a tactical cheap-shot kill.

Firstly, real life tactics? Since when have people had the ability to magically appear on a battlefield?

Spawn camping is just gay.  We were on lockdown and took A. The other team ran towards A, didn't take C or B. they boxed us in so that we would always spawn at A and killed us as soon as we spawned.

thehunan

I have set a BB or CM at a spawn point before. I smile as I set it down and run... I know someone is going to get mad. I set them next to a TI. But I will not sit and ADS at a spawn point. I will hold down a choke point. I think you do need to give the other team a chance spawn and try to get out of there spawn area. Anyone who thinks its ok to sit behind a spawn point and shoot people in the back as they spawn need to have there head checked out. Cause there the same people that tell you getting under the map and useing a mod controler are just fine.

thehunan wrote:

I have set a BB or CM at a spawn point before. I smile as I set it down and run... I know someone is going to get mad. I set them next to a TI. But I will not sit and ADS at a spawn point. I will hold down a choke point. I think you do need to give the other team a chance spawn and try to get out of there spawn area. Anyone who thinks its ok to sit behind a spawn point and shoot people in the back as they spawn need to have there head checked out. Cause there the same people that tell you getting under the map and useing a mod controler are just fine.

Gotta agree with this right here. I see nothing wrong in spreading out and covering choke points after capping a home flag and B in DOM; keeping them pinched on their home flag. That's a spawn trap, and it's just fine. Spawn killing, on the other hand is lame and is just a risk of some game modes unfortunately.

For the video... Sure, that was a douchy move to put a BB at a spawn point. However, that's the kind of douchy move that makes me laugh even when it happens to me 'cuz I would/ do totally do it also.

It is a tactic. Simple as that. In dom my team will cap 2 flags and kill those coming out of the third. If you get too close you flip the spawn, so it is a tactic. It is easy to screw up. Interchange is the best map to do it on. I have never been able to just trap a team while in the spawn and get loads of kills. I think that is in sabotage.

TheBeastlyDude

Reading this thread, I see tons of people complaining about Spawn Trapping but no one has a way to fix it.

Can't really fix spawns on some of the objective games so what do you all want?

When you get trapped, do you want the other team to be nice to you, back up behind the middle objective so you can get out of your spawn and so you can send a noob toob towards your enemy?

On Domination, would you like to spawn on my captured points so that you get a free 150 pts for sucking?

Would you like me to hold your hand and walk you out of your spawn, draw a bullseye on my forehead, explain to you in a message that it's R1 to shoot so that maybe you can get a kill?

How many of you complaining about Spawn Trapping also complain about Deathstreaks? "Deathstreaks shouldn't reward sucky players" and yet you want help to not be spawn camped.

Stop being a prick, get a decent mic, stop being anti-social and make friends on PSN, and play with them and work as a team and you won't get spawn camped as nearly as often as you would playing for yourself because as long as you play for yourself, your teammates will play for themselves and you'll end up with one teammate camping in your spawn, causing the other team to trap the whole team there.

Mecha75

Why would anyone need to fix it?  Spawn Trapping is fine as it traps the team in their own spawn point.  What is not fine is camping a spawn point, killing someone the moment they spawn (and placing a BB or CM doesn't count).  You can camp a TI though, if someone wants to have the advantage of choosing their spawn then we should have the advantage of killing them for it

thehunan

The spawn trap also happens to the team that is on the wong end of the lag com. Some games team or not there is nothing you can do. The game just wont let you kill the other team to get out. 7-8 hit markers and the you get just go down. You watch the replay you had 2 bullets get out of your gun. Intill the lag is comp is fixed there is no way to say play better. Some games You cant kill me. I know that I have the advantage, the half way through the game it switches. I cant kill anything. There is a bigger problem here but people dont want to face the fact that the lag comp is causing the spawn trap to be harder to get out of than it sould be.

TheBeastlyDude wrote:

Reading this thread, I see tons of people complaining about Spawn Trapping but no one has a way to fix it.

Can't really fix spawns on some of the objective games so what do you all want?

When you get trapped, do you want the other team to be nice to you, back up behind the middle objective so you can get out of your spawn and so you can send a noob toob towards your enemy?

On Domination, would you like to spawn on my captured points so that you get a free 150 pts for sucking?

Would you like me to hold your hand and walk you out of your spawn, draw a bullseye on my forehead, explain to you in a message that it's R1 to shoot so that maybe you can get a kill?

How many of you complaining about Spawn Trapping also complain about Deathstreaks? "Deathstreaks shouldn't reward sucky players" and yet you want help to not be spawn camped.

Stop being a prick, get a decent mic, stop being anti-social and make friends on PSN, and play with them and work as a team and you won't get spawn camped as nearly as often as you would playing for yourself because as long as you play for yourself, your teammates will play for themselves and you'll end up with one teammate camping in your spawn, causing the other team to trap the whole team there.

Did I once state that I oppose spawn trapping? No.

I said it's more *******-ish to place a bouncing betty right next to their spawn than to spawn trap... do you disagree with that statement?

I find it funny. You wouldn't do the same thing? It's a good idea and nice tactic.

TheBeastlyDude

SML, you didn't state you opposed Spawn Trapping but it's an Ahole move? Ok buddy.

No, it's not an Ahole move to place a BB near a point your enemy spawns because that person made it into there to place it. He can't magically place it there from across the map.

If you get spawn trapped, you and/or your teammates messed up. You don't like it? Don't mess up. Teammates messing up? Make friends.

It's a legitimate tactic used by organized teams that take advantage of the unorganized.

Sorry there is no welfare system for spawns.

TheBeastlyDude wrote:

Sorry there is no welfare system for spawns.

Sadly, the spawn system in MW3 is bad enough that it is a welfare system at times.

With a limited number of locations and a predictable system, the spawn system is free kills for anyone who wants to take advantage of it.  This was true in previous titles as well [like planting claymores at spawn spots], but it is worse here.  Some maps seem almost designed for spawn camping.  People put up videos of racking up kills just standing near a spawn point, as the game repeatedly spawns victims there to die.  The spawn system and layouts make Domination a perversion of how the mode should theoretically play.

And the alternative only seems to be the other extreme, when the devs tweaks and minor changes swing the situation in the other direction, and suddenly the spawning player starts getting free kills or some other major advantage [such as an easy bomb plant, or a spawn flip that radically shifts the flow of a game.]

TheBeastlyDude wrote:

SML, you didn't state you opposed Spawn Trapping but it's an Ahole move? Ok buddy.

So since you obviously are awful at reading/comprehending basic English, let me explain to you. Saying "The ahole-ness level above just spawn trapping." does not mean that I think that spawn trapping is an ahole move, but rather that the level above it is.

It's like saying that being devilish is that ahole level above being a saint. It's relative differences, not absolute.

tbh i find spawn trapping cheap only since it usually occurs in a weakness/when too many people are busy to realise, then the trapped team dont get the fair chance of being able to fight back.

many spawn trapping teams suck when you go head on head with them once you get out of it.

Snipingdbag

Betties are shi-t in mw3 though. Dunno if you played waw but those things were ridiculous there. Plus you had 2 of them per life. So I always placed them on spawn points / near them back then for free kills.